Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

To the people who says that "any goodwill that Josh Harris had is now gone." What exactly were they supposed to do differently? They had to wait on their guy and he stood them up. MacDonald chose Seattle. Slowik chose to stay in Houston. 

You can't make coaches come here. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

The vast chasm between the fanbase perception of Q and players/league personnel/media is fascinating. Like polar opposites almost. I'm just curious to see how that dynamic plays out. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

To the people who says that "any goodwill that Josh Harris had is now gone." What exactly were they supposed to do differently? They had to wait on their guy and he stood them up. MacDonald chose Seattle. Slowik chose to stay in Houston. 

I don't think the FO did anything wrong either. But that doesn't mean we still can't be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, formerly4skins said:

This made me laugh...

We better not trade our #2 pick for Parsons.  He's the best out there at his position but we need a QB in the worst way.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Any good will the Harris group had is now gone, they've lost a big part of the fanbase right now and has a lot of people on their heels. I don't know how you went from everyone being excited to...this. They better hope this works and works out fast, I've lost all excitement over new ownership.

It's been so long since we've won an offseason, I don't blame you for throwing in the towel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

However, here's some alarming trends, far too much like Ron for my liking:

Atlanta Day 1 and Day 2 picks under Quinn:

Round 1: 4/7 Defensive Players (and all 3 firsts from 2015-2017 were used on defense)

Round 2: 4/4 used on defensive players

Round 3: 3/6 used on defensive players

So 11 of 17 day 1 and day 2 picks were used on defense. Not insane, or anything, the defense was the weakness of those teams, but it does carry a trend line with Ron, especially firsts early on in the tenure. Otoh, how much of that is Quinn, and how much was the GM? I don't know. 

I read something lately in a tweet from a media pundit implying that Peters will be more hands on the draft than hands off, sorry can't find it back. This is an interesting topic you brought and I hope this FO will give us a hint about the decision process.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

It's been so long since we've won an offseason, I don't blame you for throwing in the towel.

I want it to work, I really do. However, this is a massively bumbling start to the off season. As soon as the off season begins, our dysfunction is making national headlines again. I'm willing to call it an anomaly, an off shoot, whatever, it still doesn't make me feel good about their ability to do this correctly at this time.

18 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I'm just not a fan. It's not horrible, its obvious he's at worst an average coach which is better than any coach we've had since Shanny, and really better than any coach we've had the past 30 years other than Shanny and Gibbs, but it's still highly unlikely he's "special", and not many coaches win or build consistently contending teams that are just average, or a little better. 

Having some fun in response to you are your record case closed rap, nothing personal. 😎

How can he be worse than Shanahan?  He was well below average record wise here -- along with his joke staff, Kyle, McDaniel, Sean and company, all losers.  Record is what it is, they needed to wear it.   Gibbs ditto.  Yeah Gibbs had a nice run initially.  But in Gibbs' 2nd stint he didn't match Quinn's record so can we really say he's a better coach?

Peters needs to get his head on straight if he can't read a record like the rest of us can, by simply spending two minutes on football reference where we can look up someone's record and define a head coaches prospects in a heartbeat.  Shame on them for all these dumb interviews they do with these guys.  Waste of time.  Peters needs to join the 21st Century and understand that there is a thing called the Internet.  He needs to look these guys up. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 3

We've had 20+ years of Snyder telling the fanbase every offseason that there's one special guy who's gonna come in and totally transform our franchise, and wipe away all the past ineptitude in one clean, instantaneous swipe.

It doesn't work like that.  It didn't work for Mike Shanahan, it didn't work for RG3, it didn't work for Chase Young, it didn't work for culture change Ron Rivera.

It wouldn't have worked for Ben Johnson.  It's not gonna work with whoever we take at number 2 this year in the draft.

The fanbase needs to get out of the mindset of swinging for the fences and expecting a lottery ticket to fix everything.  Rather than striking out on homeruns, I'm gonna sit back and start being happy with singles and doubles for the next few years.

Dan Quinn isn't perfect but I do still think he's better than what we had.  I'll be curious to see who we get for OC, and I expect if nothing else, the bottom half of our roster and special teams to be significantly upgraded over the next 2 seasons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sinews said:

The vast chasm between the fanbase perception of Q and players/league personnel/media is fascinating. Like polar opposites almost. I'm just curious to see how that dynamic plays out. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Any good will the Harris group had is now gone, they've lost a big part of the fanbase right now and has a lot of people on their heels. I don't know how you went from everyone being excited to...this. They better hope this works and works out fast, I've lost all excitement over new ownership.

Is this satire?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

They were not interested in Slowik according to multiple reporters.

Quinn was a serious candidate from the jump.  for those not spending time on this thread, I gather its a shock.  But those following the process, Quinn was a serious candidate from the start.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I read something lately in a tweet from a media pundit implying that Peters will be more hands on the draft than hands off, sorry can't find it back. This is an interesting topic you brought and I hope this FO will give us a hint about the decision process.

Well, his whole background in the league is scouting, so it makes sense he would be hands on with the draft.  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

We've had 20+ years of Snyder telling the fanbase every offseason that there's one special guy who's gonna come in and totally transform our franchise, and wipe away all the past ineptitude in one clean, instantaneous swipe.

It doesn't work like that.  It didn't work for Mike Shanahan, it didn't work for RG3, it didn't work for Chase Young, it didn't work for culture change Ron Rivera.

It wouldn't have worked for Ben Johnson.  It's not gonna work with whoever we take at number 2 this year in the draft.

The fanbase needs to get out of the mindset of swinging for the fences and expecting a lottery ticket to fix everything.  Rather than striking out on homeruns, I'm gonna sit back and start being happy with singles and doubles for the next few years.

Dan Quinn isn't perfect but I do still think he's better than what we had.  I'll be curious to see who we get for OC, and I expect if nothing else, the bottom half of our roster and special teams to be significantly upgraded over the next 2 seasons.

The Houston Texans say hi. 

I know we all built ourselves up into believing this was a great destination, but clearly the market said otherwise.

We still have a crap stadium filled with opposing fans, crap facilities and a crap roster.  Much of that won’t be fixed until at least the next coach gets hired.  

Beyond that, I think it says that these young guns don’t see a slam dunk QB prospect available either.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1