Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

A lot of talk how Quinn was the 3rd or 4th choice.  Im not buying that.   Peters and Harris said in their PC that they wanted a "leader" first and foremost.  Not sure they saw that with Johnson or Macdonald.  Sheehan is saying that a formal offer was never offered to Johnson or Macdonald.   Was Quinn #1 in their view when they started?  Probably not but I doubt Quinn was down the list very far.  They got who they wanted after the process.  

I think you're probably right Idaho. And there were a lot of tweets about how highly they rated Quinn, which we mainly chose to ignore. I'm coming round to the thinking he might have been their number 1 all along.

Which is actually quite reassuring.

Edited by UK Skins
  • Like 2

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Im just mad we have to go back to using/hearing the name "Dan"...........Please refer to this guy as coach Quinn...

I was thinking the same. As soon as the majority here start calling him Dan the writing is on the wall for him. There should be a Quinn/Dan tracker here. I guarantee you it will accurately reflect the sentiment toward the team at any given week.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think if Ron after getting canned turned around a bad defense into being one of the best in the league for multiple years, it would feel more similar.  Ditto if their personalities were very similar.  But neither is the case.

I mean what about his personality that differs from Ron makes you think he’ll be any more successful? 

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

A lot of talk how Quinn was the 3rd or 4th choice.  Im not buying that.   Peters and Harris said in their PC that they wanted a "leader" first and foremost.  Not sure they saw that with Johnson or Macdonald.  Sheehan is saying that a formal offer was never offered to Johnson or Macdonald.   Was Quinn #1 in their view when they started?  Probably not but I doubt Quinn was down the list very far.  They got who they wanted after the process.  

I do remember several weeks ago some reasonably credible major media  source, I think a NFL Network guy, maybe pellisaro,  saying Quinn was one desirable possibility to peters and Harris. No big deal, but it was mentioned.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I mean what about his personality that differs from Ron makes you think he’ll be any more successful? 

Ron picked all the players. Ron was on par with Cerrato in that regard. By all accounts, Peters is a fantastic talent evaluator he has roster control.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just goes to show even with new ownership, draft picks, and large cap space this still isn’t a great job that attracts NFL talent. NOVA/DC/Lower Maryland are the pit of humanity no one wants to live there, and certainly no one wants to work there. 

Our facilities are a joke…it’s gonna take a lot more than some new owners and draft picks to gear real talent in this organization. I hope I’m wrong but here comes 5 more years of mediocre until we do this whole thing again 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, skinzplay said:

Staff is key....OC, DC, ST and position coaches. I wouldn't have chosen Quinn, but he can put together a strong staff. Did so in ATL, and has always had credible lists of prospective staff members, unlike the wish list that many HC candidates dangle to GMs.

Wonder if Harris/Adams wants Weaver as Quinns DC as part of the deal and I also wonder if a Gruden might be coming on board as OC.  Most likely tie as OC would be the 9er connection but we wait with anticipation. 

19 minutes ago, profusion said:

Going from three years of working for Dan Snyder to working for Jerry Jones. I guess you'd have to say that Rivera has a thing for a difficult work environment. :D

If i had to pick the differences between Quinn and Rivera.

A.  Quinn isnt going to have personnel control.  If he got personnel control -- yuck.

B.  Quinn is currently a hot coordinator.  By time we got Rivera he wasn't calling the defense much

C.  Rivera lacked fire both as to his demeanor and the way he approached the off seasons.  Quinn supposedly is all fire.

D.  Quinn has the reputation of hiring coordinators without previous relationships and has the reputation of hiring the best.  Not so to say the least about Rivera.

E.  Logan Paulsen who knows BOTH Rivera and Quinn, and heck he's been working for Ron -- yet has slammed the team's play design on both defense and offense and talked about the defensive design as stellar in Dallas.   

The way they are similar is players love them.  They both were head coaches previously.   Both ex-defensive coordinators.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Wonder if Harris/Adams wants Weaver as Quinns DC as part of the deal and I also wonder if a Gruden might be coming on board as OC.  Most likely tie as OC would be the 9er connection but we wait with anticipation. 

I hope Quinn is allowed to chose his staff. 

I just realized I love this hire. It's the best hire ever. Because our new HC's initials are DQ. And that makes me think of 

image.png.3befb95e5bee144cb7df9729a138f14f.png

So yes, I'm totally on board. It's the most delicious hire in Commanders history.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

I hope Quinn is allowed to chose his staff. 

More fun as we wait, I think Quinns staff will be excellent!  JMO. That's one of the biggest positives about him if you look back at his staff history via google.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I do remember several weeks ago some reasonably credible major media  source, I think a NFL Network guy, maybe pellisaro,  saying Quinn was one desirable possibility to peters and Harris. No big deal, but it was mentioned.

Keim mentioned it from the jump.  Sheehan too.  That they hear they really dig Quinn.  And they are dead serious when they touted leadership as the top trait they wanted.

When I was rooting for Ben Johnson for weeks I often said don't count out Quinn because I keep hearing his name.  And I was afraid that Quinn would beat Johnson in an interview because it was Quinn with the reputation of being dynamic not Johnson.

Keim said multiple times when he asked around the league about all these prospective coaches, it was Quinn who got the most props.  Albright who is a reputable reporter has said similar things.

Sheehan said a few days ago that he heard they were very impressed with that interview, and he's likely their Plan B if they don't go with Ben Johnson.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If i had to pick the differences between Quinn and Rivera.

A.  Quinn isnt going to have personnel control.  If he got personnel control -- yuck.

B.  Quinn is currently a hot coordinator.  By time we got Rivera he wasn't calling the defense much

C.  Rivera lacked fire both as to his demeanor and the way he approached the off seasons.  Quinn supposedly is all fire.

D.  Quinn has the reputation of hiring coordinators without previous relationships and has the reputation of hiring the best.  Not so to say the least about Rivera.

E.  Logan Paulsen who knows BOTH Rivera and Quinn, and heck he's been working for Ron -- yet has slammed the team's play design on both defense and offense and talked about the defensive design as steller in Dallas.   

The way they are similar is players love them.  They both were head coaches previously.   Both ex-defensive coordinators.

All that fire was drowned and fizzled out in the playoffs game against the Packers just mere weeks ago.....

• Thumb up 1