Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, ntotoro said:

Jay Gruden.

Logan had a pretty pedestrian career. He was around the league on several teams in his tenure... sure... why the local media started to bring him in for his expertise is a bit odd.

Players who don't have the athletic ability often have to work harder with study and dedication to make the most of their careers. Some turn to coaching the gifted athletes what they learned through their own hard work, but I'm sure they can bring it to the media too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Jay Gruden.

Logan had a pretty pedestrian career. He was around the league on several teams in his tenure... sure... why the local media started to bring him in for his expertise is a bit odd.

Give him a listen, he has some good insight and breaks down film. Remove what he did or didn’t do in his career. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It doesn't take much to see Quinn > Rivera as a DC. Lets hope he much greater than him as a HC....so far his record doesn't show but here's to fiath!

He wasn't my top choice but I was cooler with it than most here.

Atlanta wasn't exactly some mighty franchise with crazy talent.   Yeah he was just a little over 500, with a SB appearance.  But it wasn't a run as long as Ron and Quinn didn't have Cam.   

If its about W-L, we should be all over McCarthy but he's a dude who underachieves with his talent.  I don't get the vibe that Quinn underacheived in Atlanta.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Logan’s going to be biased, but also have fantastic insight during Quinn’s tenure.

This is it for me—I'm hoping he sticks with calling the defense. When I cheer for my team, I want the head coach delivering consistent returns with what earned him the job in the first place. For the young offensive-minded head coach, it's all about calling the plays.

Call the plays! 

Or flip it around—offense, well, that's the easy part; defense, now that's the real challenge. Having a sharp defensive mind can be a game-changer and give us a crucial edge.

What defensive minded head coaches have won the SB since Bill beat Quinn? 0. Going on 7 years now, times are changing. This franchise continues to trail behind. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

I kind of like this hire. To many of ya are focusing on the last game and not seeing the defense he ran as a whole. I can cherry pick any of your top candidates and be like see that one time they didn't score or that one time their defense got scored on.

What I want to see is how he uses Jamin Davis and Forbes. I always wants to see Davis in an attacking position similar to how Micah Parsons was used. 

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Jay Gruden.

The average NFL career is about 3 years.  Logan lasted 9 as a non-flashy blocking tight end.  And I've heard him break down film.  He knows something about the game. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Players who don't have the athletic ability often have to work harder with study and dedication to make the most of their careers. Some turn to coaching the gifted athletes what they learned through their own hard work, but I'm sure they can bring it to the media too.

Yep. I think Logan graded as the second least athletic TE of his era. Major testament to him having a long career

• Like 1

Well I’m not that excited about this. But he’s not Rivera 2.0 and he’s going to run a tight ship and create a stronger base. For me it’s about the OC hire and the vision at QB.

Plus I hope we get Harris from the Pukes, he’d been fantastic with their DBs.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dan Quinn is a great hire, despite all the complaining. I can't wait until the coordinators and position folks come in.

For the 'he lost a Super Bowl folks', I was14 the last time Washington sniffed that game and now I'm working on my second retirement. Trust the effin process, folks. I know we're all still a little whiplash and beaten, but Quinn ain't Rivera and Harris ain't the Bumbling Idiot.

We have a competent GM, a fired up ownership group, a ton of money, mad draft picks, and a roster starved for cogent leadership. We are moving upward... partially because we can't go lower... but chiefly because there are adults and professionals in leadership now.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Dan Quinn is a great hire, despite all the complaining. I can't wait until the coordinators and position folks come in.

For the 'he lost a Super Bowl folks', I was14 the last time Washington sniffed that game and now I'm working on my second retirement. Trust the effin process, folks. I know we're all still a little whiplash and beaten, but Quinn ain't Rivera and Harris ain't the Bumbling Idiot.

We have a competent GM, a fired up ownership group, a ton of money, mad draft picks, and a roster starved for cogent leadership. We are moving upward... partially because we can't go lower... but chiefly because there are adults and professionals in leadership now.

We can trust the process and still be disappointed with the hiring. I don't think anyone is calling for GMAP to be fired or the HOG to sell the team lolol

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Do a pulse check on the interwebs. Everyone is laughing and saying same ol Washington. 

One thing i would say is that as a fanbase we need to stop giving a **** what other fanbases think. 

I won’t defend the Quinn hire by any means, but we are clearly in a far better position to improve.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s in his thread. They had a deal principal in place on a 5 year deal. After Tepper gave a 6 year deal with the panthers,  Ben’s side asked for 6 years and also asked for roster control of offensive players. Meaning Peters was not the decision make on who made the 53 on offense. They hit an impasse and Johnson subsequently cancelled when they were in the air to meet with him in person. 

Has anybody else seen this? @Skinsinparadise? I have been in the thread and never saw anything like this. 

3 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Classing Quinn as the football hire and Ron has the character hire when Ron’s record of 76-67-1 in Carolina is better than Quinn’s 43-42 is a new one.

Maybe we can get McCarthy next season he had a killer record in both Dallas and GB.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Rivera had a more impressive resume than Quinn before joining Washington. 

He also had  Cam Newton.

Edited by bh32
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1