Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I figured it out, y'all. 

It's been right under our noses the whole time, ya big idiots. 

It's been hush hush the whole time because we're going WAY outside the box. 

Ummmm... Bob Myers... HELLOOOOOO. 

Duh. 

The choice is clear, and it's been their #1 target all along. 

How did we miss it?!? 

The OBVIOUS choice is... 

Steve Kerr. 

I wasn't high on Quinn but now I wouldn't hate that. A lot depends on the staff he can put together. If he has the respect around the league that's been reported, he might be able to acquire a quality staff.

Edited by RVAskins

4 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Do you think Quinn is in the same league as those guys?

I think guys play hard for him..would just surround him with good coordinators and position coaches.

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Do you think Quinn is in the same league as those guys?

Belichick ( 36–44) and Carroll (33-31) were both .500 or less coaches when they were hired at NE and SEA respectively. There's no way of knowing.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Good for him.

He worked hard and earned it.

He had multiple opportunities and chose the team he preferred.

That's America at its best.

Even so, it hurts somewhere deep down inside being rejected.

But I wish him well.

Exactly… great post and completely agreed.. nothing wrong w/being glad for those who have earned their due… it’s his right too to decide to be there and not here as well 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Belichick ( 36–44) and Carroll (33-31) were both .500 or less coaches when they were hired at NE and SEA respectively. There's no way of knowing.

Caroll was coming off the revival of USC.  Belichek was coming off being the DC on the Pats AND the Jets (where he was widely successful).  Reid was coming off of 4 NFC title game appearances and a super bowl appearance.  Quinn hasn't snuffed that type of success.  

John Schneider knew Quinn and passed on him.  He's the ultimate retread.  I'd rather go with a complete unproven coach vs Quinn.  The fact that he had a near 500 record with a prime Matt Ryan shows that he's not an elite coach.  He couldn't recognize coaching talent as he passed on promoting LaFleur to OC after Kyle left.  His speciality is defense and that Atlanta defense was ATROCIOUS by the time he was fired.  

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Caroll was coming off the revival of USC.  Belichek was coming off being the DC on the Pats AND the Jets (where he was widely successful).  Reid was coming off of 4 NFC title game appearances and a super bowl appearance.  Quinn hasn't snuffed that type of success.  

Quinn wasn’t a successful DC?

What about Quinn at HC and Vrabel at DC?

Steelers are a culture that typically has a good defense and win championships when their offense is, too.

I wouldn't mind something like that.  Steelers biggest problem is they don't like free agency, and get away with it by drafting well enough to still make the playoffs.

Think it doesn't work, all that and all their division rivals had winning records and they still was in the wildcard, trash ass QB. 

We spend and focus in an identity to maintain, it will work...I don't know how but for all the rings the 49ers got in the 80s with the west coast offense, they've had back to back GM and HC combos that were more physical football teams that won with defense instead.

49ers need to win this one or a defensive lead culture is going to start to lose more luster then it already had in a offense dominated league.  I mean, they got homefield advantage again? Imagine if they finally got QB right?

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Quinn wasn’t a successful DC?

Not to the extent BB was (in two different places).  BB also went to a Super Bowl with the Pats and the AFC title game with the Jets.  The move from Cleveland sabotaged his career there.  

Quinn also had the opportunity to feast on our crappy team as well the crappy Giants 4 games a year to pad his stats.  Ultimate retread coach who is basically Jeff Fisher 2.0.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter being the first to talk about them considering others.  I hope so

Whomever the eventual choice to be HC is, because this ownership group has employed such a large contingent (too many cooks is quite possible) to lead this never-ending search, they'd better nail this hire 100% or they are going to look like fools.  Meanwhile, coordinators are flying off the shelf left and right. 

4 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Andy Reid is a retread, so was Bill B. Give me a break..

I agree....if you can coach then you can coach.  Most of these guys can coach but we need a guy who can lead.  I want Dan Quinn!

Especially when he brings Al Harris along with him.  Obviously he can round up a stud cast on the defensive side, but has relationships with the Shannahan tree as well.  I would anticipate him reaching out to Mike Lafleur with the Rams to probably run the offense.  I think Quinn is our guy.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Man, there is so much frustration on this board everyhone needs to breath.  Now, from those who didn't read the Pauline article and an ESer said he's pretty accurate with his stuff here is everything in a nutshell from the article at where we are and what's Pauline thinks happens:

"

Now the Commanders are the team still searching for a head coach. The belief is Dan Quinn, who lost out on the Seattle Seahawks job to Mike McDonald as I alluded to on Sunday, will end up as the head coach.

The specter of Mike Vrabel looms large, but the belief in Mobile is that the former Titans head coach will take a year off and see what awaits him in 2025."

Deciphered:  He thinks, I said thinks that Quinn ends up as the head coach. 

But we wait and see.  

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Not to the extent BB was (in two different places).  BB also went to a Super Bowl with the Pats and the AFC title game with

Quinn took the Falcons to the Super Bowl. He had more success as a HC than either Carroll or Belichick in his first stint.

Quinn won a Super Bowl as a DC with Seattle. And immediately revived Dallas horrid defense. 

Your logic has gaping holes in it

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1