Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Bro. It is ES. Desperation and panic is what we do well. 

Ya, I mean after we missed out on the guy I wanted it’s been pretty much meh across the board. I don’t think it matters much at this point what direction they go… 

Unless it’s Dan Quinn. :ols:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

What makes you think they didn't start before the end of the season, at least in terms of research. Of course they did. And NO, they CANNOT meet with these guys during the season. There are rules around that, including when you can interview people if you have an opening. Not sure you can interview anyone with an NFL job if you don't have an opening. Someone who knows the rules better than me may say thats wrong. But I do know teams don;t like it and that would be thatg bad message you are tlking about. 

Adam Peters has part of 3 excellent organizations that reached several SBs. Do you really think he is just winging it here? Trust the process! 

I would argue Adam Peters is a draft guru and never hired a head coach. Shanahan was already in San Francisco and I’m pretty sure he didn’t hire Bellichick. I am not saying they are incompetent but i would imagine you have a list. Just like for a linebacker you say, I want this guy, then this guy, then this guy. Happens all the time a player wants to go to another team. Hell the draft has 5 minutes in the third round when another team takes your player. What are they gonna do then?

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Holy cow. I see the Commanders vision…

Joe Barry is going to be our head coach! He helped his team destroy Dallas in the playoffs! Completely qualified. 

Right?

Guys?

Right?

• Haha 3

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I would argue Adam Peters is a draft guru and never hired a head coach. Shanahan was already in San Francisco and I’m pretty sure he didn’t hire Bellichick. I am not saying they are incompetent but i would imagine you have a list. Just like for a linebacker you say, I want this guy, then this guy, then this guy. Happens all the time a player wants to go to another team.

Of course they had a list. Just becasue they didn't run it by you or the rest of us fans first does not mean they didn't have one...  🙂  It does mena that at least till now no one wowed them enough to make a call right then. If they lost thier 1st guy, then it is what it is. 

You realize he has worked in other organizatinos besides SF? Right? And while he may not have been the person to do the actual hiring he has certiqanly watched the process. And he is not alone. Harris and the others on the serarch team have certianly hired HCs before. 

I am done here. Feel free to freak out and think this sends bad messages but I am OK to trust the process. 

As a total aside - Mike MacDonald - I wonder if John Harbaugh had something to do with him not coming here. He has fired 2 OCs after losing to us and that has nothing to do with Dan S. That is Washington as a team. Just throwing **** on the wall like everyone else. 🙂  

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Another fake report. We very obviously didn’t want Slowik. Why do people keep posting this account on here it just makes stuff up with no sourcing 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

9 minutes ago, a0tmike21 said:

Not gonna' lie all this hate for Dan Quinn is making me a fun of his! His defense was top 5 last year, I'll take that! AND it would weaken the cowboys...bring me DAN QUINN!!! :)

I am leaning that way myself. Not sure what the big negative on the guy is really. I think I kind of prefer someone who has his resume to a 36-year-old with two years of coordinator experience. And, if we are going to go that route, I would rather have somebody who fell short in his first stent as a head coach over a Belichick or Mike Shanahan type. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe75 said:

I've been thinking about everything that went down and honestly think at this point, maybe Quinn is the best hire left.  That's just my opinion and I have no idea where he ranks with Glenn and Weaver.  But I assume whomever is our next head coach (if it's one of those 3), that they will be calling the plays on defense.

With that said, Quinn might be the best chance of turning it around faster, just based on his resume, compared to the other candidates.  I am not saying I would be happy with the following scenario, but it might be the best we can do, at least for the upcoming season.

Scenario:  

Hire Dan Quinn as HC.  Retain EB as OC (yes I know....).  Dan handles play calling on defense, EB on offense.  Making sure that Quinn knows we are going heavy on offense in the draft and FA.  Dan can pick the remaining coaching staff with Peters.

EB gave me no reason to want to retain him as a play caller, but, with our current situation and most likely having a HC on the defensive side of the ball, it makes more sense than grasping at straws at this point.  Through the draft and FA, we could really improve  our o-line, snag a QB at #2, maybe grab another stud RB and TE.  If it doesn't work, we upgrade the OC position next year.

…why wouldn’t you just upgrade OC now. There’s nothing in your scenario that requires the walking disaster that is EB be the OC lol. How panicked are you right now??

27 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I don't know. Being that every other team in the league at least has a football coach, don't you think the general manager should at least freak out a little bit?

Personally, I don't want a  GM who freaks out when things aren't going the way he hoped. I want someone cool, calm, and collected.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Of course they had a list. Just becasue they didn't run it by you or the rest of us fans first does not mean they didn't have one...  🙂  It does mena that at least till now no one wowed them enough to make a call right then. If they lost thier 1st guy, then it is what it is. 

You realize he has worked in other organizatinos besides SF? Right? And while he may not have been the person to do the actual hiring he has certiqanly watched the process. And he is not alone. Harris and the others on the serarch team have certianly hired HCs before. 

I am done here. Feel free to freak out and think this sends bad messages but I am OK to trust the process. 

As a total aside - Mike MacDonald - I wonder if John Harbaugh had something to do with him not coming here. He has fired 2 OCs after losing to us and that has nothing to do with Dan S. That is Washington as a team. Just throwing **** on the wall like everyone else. 🙂  

He was never over a draft scout at first 2 stops. Nobody is freaking out.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We are going to hire Quinn, but we are going to wait until all of these other coaches round out their staffs so that we screw the Cowboys over and leave them scraping the bottle of the barrel for a new defensive coordinator.

Joe Barry is available.

• Haha 1

For all the trust in Peters, et. al to make the right decision, its good to remember that Peters has never hired a head coach, Spielman hired one (Mike Zimmer), and the rest of the guys have no previous NFL experience (but have experience in other sports). Hey, speaking of Mike Zimmer, I hear he is available...

Just now, Conn said:

…why wouldn’t you just upgrade OC now. There’s nothing in your scenario that requires the walking disaster that is EB be the OC lol. How panicked are you right now??

It was just a suggestion and question (at the same time) cause I have no idea if all the good up and coming candidates for OC have been taken.  We were painted out to be the most desirable situation to land the HC of our choosing and here we are, with no HC, EB still employed and no DC.  

Serious question, cause I honestly dont know or have the time to research potential coordinator candidates, but is there any left?  I don't want EB here, I don't want him calling plays, but damn, what's out there?