Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I am running purely on Keim.  Johnson #1.  Felt like Quinn #2.  McDonald maybe.  the thing with Johnson just happened yesterday.  They interviewed Quinn yesterday morning the 2nd time. 

As for the delay.  Maybe negotiating the contract.  Or if Finay is correct and Weaver is emerging late they are deciding between the two?

We interviewed Quinn before Seattle interviewed Macdonald and yet their decision is getting out and crickets on our end. Anything is possible but IMO I think the interest in Quinn, while I’m sure rooted in truth, is overblown. If we loved him as much as has been reported we would’ve heard about some movement by now.

I feel bad for Quinn in a way if he's the hire.  I guarantee you that the majority of the fanbase will be extremely nonplussed (to put it mildly) if he's the next coach.  So, Quinn better win a lot faster than a first time HC, because this fanbase is going to have precious little patience for what they see as a very Snyder-type hire.  We've been here before many times.  If Quinn doesn't win early on, FedEx is going to remain a house of horrors for the home team.  Book it.  Fair or not fair, that's the way it is going to be.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

At least with Bill he will have a staff ready to go..

Ready for this saga to be over.

same thing for Pete Caroll, If Pete was given a chance. Pete has always won more that 7 games a season since he became the coach of the seahawks.  only had like 3 losing seasons, winning 7 games in each losing season.  

I look at it this way: as long as Peters picks the right QB at #2 and the offensive staff doesn’t ruin him, it doesn’t quite matter who the HC is.

If the hire doesn’t work out but we have a top 10 QB, we’ll be the toast of the town next time we need to hire a HC.

Get QB right. Nothing else matters.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

True.  And we can't judge any hire until it plays out.  If we are trusting a regime, trust it.  Maybe those who disagree with them end up right but at a minimum they are the professionals (not us) and they are working with much more info than we are.

If someone here told me Harris invited them to do these interviews with Peters, etc, I'd feel differently but we aren't in that loop.

The other thing aside from guaging their personalities they are also hearing what these guys plan to do ti improve the team.  I gather their thoughts about the roster and how to improve it would be very relevant.

This is very much an explorative process, highlighting the end of your post here. New owners, new GM, need a bunch of coaches schemes and players. If you are planning to build a winner, and they are, it makes sense to get a lot of opinions, take your time, and do what you think is best after that. 

They could legit be asking some of these guys... a few we consider among the brightest young minds in the NFL....stuff that gives us an advantage the next time we have this chance. Learning is one of the most important parts of leadership in my view. And I bet they are learning alot right now. I hope they are, anyway. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean you can be high on someone and still interview other candidates.

Due dilligence and all.

Judging by all the emotional reaction here.

I think their best case would have been to hire Quinn first thing this morning if they do indeed end up hiring him.

I've among others put on this thread to death that they really really liked Dan Quinn.  And he was a serious contender.

Now its forgotten, no one believes it. :ols:  And they feel that this FO's coaching list was just like their list and they've been spurned.

So if I am going to criticize them, i'll do it on this front -- they played the perception game poorly.

But personally I don't buy all their smoke on Quinn was BS.  We've heard almost as much smoke on Quinn than we have on Johnson.  So if they end up hiring him, they should have done it like 9 am in the morning versus whenever they end up doing it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Just now, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Just crazy that a gm didn't already have a hc lined up with the handshake deal waiting to be finalized.

How would they do that without talking to everyone first? Thats a mistake 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

You can't really count Robiske and Callahan. 

Well, so instead of 8 coaches, it's 6. The point still stands - the only defensive guys we've had as HC since Gibbs 1 were Schottenheimer and Rivera. And Marty was actually the best of the bunch.

7 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Not so sure we need an offensive coach. In the last 30 years since Gibbs 1, our coaches have mostly been from the offensive side of the ball: Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs 2, Jim Zorn, Mike Shanahan, Jay Gruden, Bill Callahan. During this period, our offences - and our teams - have stunk seven days to Sunday.

None of those guys were young offensive coaches like McVay, Shanahan, Daniel, etc.  Two of those names (Shanahan & Gibbs) were already established, and Norv was more of a play-caller than an actual coach.  We definitely need an offensive coach, because that's where the league is trending, and with a new QB at pick #2, we need the best offensive mind available in order to ensure the future success of that QB.

• Like 2

I think this might partially be a case of a GM looking at the potential to build a team from the ground up with a ton of picks and money and a high end rookie QB. And the potential coaches looking and seeing an unfinished roster without high end talent or an established QB, and thinking that we may be 2y away from being a safe bet for a coaching career. Maybe. 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I look at it this way: as long as Peters picks the right QB at #2 and the offensive staff doesn’t ruin him, it doesn’t quite matter who the HC is.

If the hire doesn’t work out but we have a top 10 QB, we’ll be the toast of the town next time we need to hire a HC.

That is true.  I know its one of @wit33 favorite points.  Have a franchise QB and the coaches look smart.  If you don't have the QB, you suck.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Just crazy that a gm didn't already have a hc lined up with the handshake deal waiting to be finalized.

No it's not. These guys were visiting a number of teams. Most wouldn't just take the first offer that came their way.

3 minutes ago, ultravin said:

same thing for Pete Caroll, If Pete was given a chance. Pete has always won more that 7 games a season since he became the coach of the seahawks.  only had like 3 losing seasons, winning 7 games in each losing season.  

Out of the three quality retreads in BB, Pete and Vrabel, Pete seems to be the only guy not demanding personnel control. It would be a nice save with the fanbase and he is there 2-3 years to build this team up and then hand it off to a longer term coach

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That is true.  I know its one of @wit33 favorite points.  Have a franchise QB and the coaches look smart.  If you don't have the QB, you suck.

But with that my biggest fear would be that EB stays on and ruins our new QB the same way we did with Howell.....I'm at the point now where I'm more concerned about decent OCs than who the HC is going to be 

6 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

If Ron had a legit GM to pick his players it might have been different.

I doubt it. His in game management was awful. Cant speak for what was going on in the meeting rooms obviously. But his clock management alone was horrid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It’s a good point. But it’s also why the choice of OC and QB coach is such a big deal. Probably bigger than who the actual HC is. 

There have been plenty of HC’s who have ruined young QBs because they had a crap staff around them. 

• Like 1