Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Destino said:

They might have to hire EB to save face. Pickings are getting slim.

(and I’d prefer this over Dan Quinn.)

I don’t understand the Dan Quinn hate.  

He wouldn’t be my first choice but he’s a good coach. He clearly knows football and defense.  He’s not a bad guy, knows a ton of people and could put together a good staff.  

I also think if Harris and Peters wanted Macdonald they could have gotten him. 

I do wonder if all the Ben Johnson talk actually was seriously harmful to the process.  Like the candidates all assumed it was Ben Johnson and therefore they just moved on.  

I know a meltdown is coming. I’m going to reserve judgement until something bad happens.  Just like last year.  Reserved judgement until EB proved himself a fool.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 4

14 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

If they wanted Quinn so badly, why wait so long to hire him? We couldn't have sewn it up a while ago. 

This smacks of the FO not being prepared and now settling for leftover candidates.

It’s definitely not a lack of preparation.  From the very start they identified 7 candidates, and interviewed them all.  Maybe Quinn is not their first choice, but this was an orderly HC search process.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got an ego like anyone here but why are we assuming that WE define the best HC candidates in the league?

I am listening to you, SIP.  We don't.  The MacDonald news was shot in the heart to a lot of ESers and you too, I think.  This group of people on this board just don't want a retread.  All I can figure out.  I have asked them to look at video of Quinn as him being a leader and they say, "All I can look at is one minute".  I know you have said and all of us have said we don't want Quinn but we have to give Peters and Harris a chance.  Bottom line.  Ben Johnson was the target and a lot of people were pissed he did what he did. That's life as we know.  Post at you later, SIP.  :)  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got an ego like anyone here but why are we assuming that WE define the best HC candidates in the league?

We don't, but the league does.

The hottest candidates have been plucked by seasoned teams and veteran owners who interviewed the same people we did and were interested in the same people we were interested in. Painting it like none of these candidates matched our needs is absurd. Unless I'm mistaken, Seattle had the same needs as ours because they interviewed the same people, confirming the legitimacy and value of the candidates that you're implying didn't match our needs.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1

Think of this like like you are interviewing candidates for a job in your own profession. Would you be biased toward people who have never done the job before, but have the right skillset for it? Or would you interview people who might have already done the job (even if they had a mixed bag of success)? 

Generally speaking, job experience is a good thing. Even if that experience includes some failures. People learn from their experiences and improve the next time they get a chance. NFL has their weird dynamic where coaches get one shot with one organization and then get buried down the list of candidates in the future because everyone is trying to get lucky and hire the next McVay. 

I know nothing (personally) about Quinn other than he had coached top defenses in Seattle and Dallas, and took Atlanta to a super bowl. He's had enough success in his career that it's not crazy to think he could be a better coach here than he was in Atlanta. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Hmmm...

There was a report yesterday that Ben Johnson wanted a 6 year deal (like the one Tepper gave Canales) but we held firm on a 4 year deal.

I wonder if we made a 4 yr offer to Macdonald and he went to Seattle when they upoed their commitment to six years?

"Penny wise, pound foolish?"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

7 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Wow....look at these sky is falling posts.

Snyder really did a number on this fanbase......

Total meltdown...smh...there's venting then there's panic...both are extreme and to be expected here in some capacity, but GD...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think Pete Carroll is our best bet at this point.  He is still a fiery personality and can get people to play at this age.   He still wants to coach and it will buy us some time to figure out next up and coming head coach in a few years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This needs to be stickied:

Vrabel will not be interviewed by Peters. Vrabel and Titans GM Ron Carthon butted heads. Carthon and Peters are boys from their days together with the 49ers. The well is poisoned.

Please a mod sticky this or something lolol

I hope that’s not the case. If so, it would be a very petty reason not to at least interview the guy.

Just now, TheGoodBits said:

He went to the playoffs the following year. 

Matt Ryan got old. It happens.. windows close. 

They did, but they weren’t the same team. Offense went from dominant to decent. This highlights the problem with defensive head coaches. Young offensive coordinators don’t stick around, but old defensive coordinators are all over the league doing very well. 

5 minutes ago, ultravin said:

i'm surprised that Pete Caroll isn't garnering any interests.  Pete could probably pry Dan Quinn as his DC if he becomes coach.

You know something. I'd definitely consider Pete Carroll for 2 or 3 years over some of these other options.

P.S. Then again I may be jaded and not objectively considering his age as I have over a decade on young Petey.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye