Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Honestly if the options are hire Dan Quinn and draft a QB and trust the process for a few years 

or 

Hire Eric Bienemy to a one year deal, trade back from 2 for a host of future picks and pick high again next year.

I can’t say I’d rule out the latter, even those who advocate for Quinn haven’t managed to provide a well reasoned case for handing him the keys it’s actually absurd.

Preference at this stage is to hire one of Macdonald, Weaver or Vrabel mind.

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's the Assistant Head Coach in Baltimore. Not that big of a jump.

Andy Reid went from position coach + assistant head coach as well.

Its about having leadership abilities. If you can find good assistants, you delegate to those guys.

Harbaugh was a special teams coach.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Honestly if the options are hire Dan Quinn and draft a QB and trust the process for a few years 

or 

Hire Eric Bienemy to a one year deal, trade back from 2 for a host of future picks and pick high again next year.

I can’t say I’d rule out the latter, even those who advocate for Quinn haven’t managed to provide a well reasoned case for handing him the keys it’s actually absurd.

Preference at this stage is to hire one of Macdonald, Weaver or Vrabel mind.

You don't hire a HC to a one year deal. That's absurd.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Please tell me if I'm wrong here but thought I was saw a video on hear of our draft room when our first pick was on the clock and Mathew walked over and talked to a dude on a laptop and asked who we were picking and he was told Forbes, and Mathew didn't look too happy about it as if he wanted Gonzalez but Ron was so pleased in telling Del Taco we were getting his guy.   If I am correct and Mayhew wasn't bought in on Forbes then maybe he does have some good qualities and Peters knows him and must trust him to keep him around.  Plus Peters will have final say so we'll see.

Anyone have that clip to show?

Here's the Dotson pick:

Here's the Forbes pick:

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I must admit, this is a new low for this fanbase.  Perhaps it’s still just the lingering effects of being abused for so long.

But it’s laughable to watch some of you guys jump off a cliff, because you think that you know better than the guys doing the interviewing.  Guys who have literally been part of so much success, not just some regular dudes.

And I say this as a guy who is disappointed with how this has all shaken out.

This is ES and jumping off a cliff what is we do....

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I know we all want a clean slate on principle, but nothing wrong with this. Peters has already worked with him before. Knows him well. Mayhew works the phones. 

Something no one’s talking about is if whoever our HC is hires Klint Kubiak or one of these Shanahan disciples, Peters knows exactly how to scout talent for that scheme. Been doing it for years. That smooths things out some in terms of the FO and coaching staff being on the same page and sharing the same vision. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I know we all want a clean slate on principle, but nothing wrong with this. Peters has already worked with him before. Knows him well. Mayhew works the phones. 

Something no one’s talking about is if whoever our HC is hires Klint Kubiak or one of these Shanahan disciples, Peters knows exactly how to scout talent for that scheme. Been doing it for years. That smooths things out some in terms of the FO and coaching staff being on the same page and sharing the same vision. 

People have been talking about Kubiak within the last page or two. 🤣

I've been worried for a few weeks that it was gonna be Quinn, ever since the feedback started to trickle in from Keim.  

All I can say is that from an emotional standpoint, if it's Quinn, I'll have almost all of my current enthusiasm drained.  And I'll be expecting him to be on the hot seat by Year 3.  I'll be right back to where I've been under every coach since Shanny, in that I feel like I've got yet another HC that I've got to wait out.  You have all these media people asking why would the fanbase be so down on such an A list coach as Quinn?  Well...easy: it's because he flamed out and in the end was nothing more than a one game above .500 coach with a plethora of goodies at his disposal.  No way around that.  And for a fanbase as maligned as the one here, it would go very according to the last 30 years for this guy to flame out.

My take is to take a damn chance on an unknown.  The fanbase will forgive the hire if it doesn't work.  But you go with a dude like Quinn and it doesn't work out?  Peters may indeed need to be fired.  At minimum, the new ownership group is going to catch mighty hell from the fanbase, and this nice vibe that followed Snyder's ouster will be ruined.

Obviously, if it's Quinn, I'll be freaking praying on my knees that it works out.  And by that, I mean SB championships and NO one year wonder type of teams.  But it'll take Quinn getting us deep into the playoffs before I come around on him.  It's not a conscious decision.  Just the way things are for me.

Bring me Weaver or Glenn or Macdonald.  If they don't work out, no worries.  I can live with that.   We'll take another swing.  Just like a rookie QB vs a retread veteran.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Isn't  Weaver as head coach a big jump?  We don't  need another Zorn

He’s currently the Assistant Head Coach and DL coach. That’s very similar to the jump Dan Campbell made.

People will say Andy Reid as well, but that was a long time ago. I thought a modern example who’s turning around a franchise as broken as ours was more relevant. 

18 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

On the Ravens website Weaver is listed amongst the coordinators instead of the ‘coaches’. It’s fairly easy to draw the conclusion that he’s an integral part of their succession plan, logically getting the DC role if and when Macdonald gets hired elsewhere. 

Wonder if we would also try to bring Glenn onboard as DC with the added Ast HC title, thus making that a promotion, and not sideways move, for him.

That doesn’t count as a promotion, the Lions can prevent him from leaving for that title if they wanted to. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm referring to the difference in the national attention, praise and HC interest each of these guys have received to date.  Also, I would prefer to have a coach who has proven to be a good playcaller.

I'll put it this way: I think the Ravens (and their fans) would be more bummed out if they lost Macdonald than they would if they lost Weaver.

All that being said, Weaver is my #2 after Macdonald.

"All that being said, Weaver is my #2 after Macdonald."

I love Macdonald too.

However, since I fully expect MacDonald to be announced as the new head coach of the Seahawks when the smoke settles, perhaps as early as this afternoon, I have to move on with what's possible.

Therefore, for all practical purposes, Weaver (despite the risk) is now my consensus number 1 (of the leftovers).

I take solace in the puzzling reality that  5 years after any head coach acquisition cycle the new coaches who remain on  top are often those who at the time were considered marginal, poor, or even desperate hires.

The shine of the so called golden boys often tarnishes like fake gold under the harsh glare and heat of the unforgiving sun.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've never been to Seattle, closest is SF.  Seattle though in pictures and on TV looks awesome.

Sadly I've been to the Commanders-Redskins facility multiple times so I can easily think apples to apples when I see photos like this

I've been several times for work. It's about a five-hour flight from Dulles, so I'm assuming the same from BWI. 

Seattle is beautiful in June and July, gray and ugly the remaining 10 months, even when not raining LOL! Then he has to avoid homeless encampments, hypodermic syringes on the street... you hear that, Mike MacDonald?!?!? Please don't go!!!!! You're our only hope from Quinn....

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Ron has soured us.  Me too to an extent.  Because Ron wasn't an X's and O's guy in his 2nd stint here.  He was sort of this paternal type, nice guy.  He certainly preferred comfort and was conservative.  As a person, he had balls tackling cancer while coaching which was very admirable.  Being a good person is a sea of douches in that building was admirable and appreciated by me, too when Dan was here.  And I think the whole package made us think, look being a "culture builder" is BS.   And we saw this play out already.  

The thing is though Ron wasn't a culture builder as to winning.  His version of culture was personal triumph -- battling cancer, sexism, etc -- and that's all good and admirable for Ron.  But that wasn't about building a winning culture.  Ron could talk all day long about culture.  But his version of culture was mostly about being a nice person. Dudes who left this team, especially Sweat mocked this team's "culture".

My point is we haven't see round 1 of building a winning culture under Ron.   He didn't even remotely build a winning culture.  It was the opposite if anything. It was about winning off the field with Ron.  Ron was a nice guy with personal trimumphs.  But as coaching this team he was arguably lazy, complacent, excuse making, scapegoating -- with an odd dose of arrogance mixed it.  It was really the opposite of a winning culture.

I like to say Ron was the nice version of Bruce Allen.  I explained many times the parallels I see between how they approached building the team.   Ron was the ultimate "winning off the field" is the definition of culture guy.  But that's not how Gibbs and other winning coaches approach culture who are about winning on the field.

Exactly this. And exactly why Quinn would not be "Rivera 2.0" if he is the hire.

Strikes me as weird that the whole fan base was delirious happy that they hired Peters, having complete trust in him. And now if Peters' first decision is to actually hire Dan Quinn, they'll freak out and commit hara-kiri.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

People have been talking about Kubiak within the last page or two. 🤣

I meant more the fact that Peters has been scouting for that scheme for years already

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've never been to Seattle, closest is SF.  Seattle though in pictures and on TV looks awesome.

Sadly I've been to the Commanders-Redskins facility multiple times so I can easily think apples to apples when I see photos like this

Well the Commanders practice facility is literally

across the street from a sewage plant so it’s hard to compete with that.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Here's the Dotson pick:

Here's the Forbes pick:

I don’t get why people hate Mayhew so much. He had no decisions on picking any of the players and when he did ( which is even on the video) he wanted to go offensive line . Without looking I bet he’s worked with Peters also . 

He was a terrible GM in Detroit but whatever he did in SF had no factor of them being bad as just a scout or whatever .

Edited by Commander202

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant has gone full Drama Queen. Yeah, it's a big deal he's going out there for another interview. Also......

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Now, he’s going through the expanded process they did with other candidates.

They did with other candidates...... 

If he wants Seattle, he should take that job. Grant posting pictures of a practice facility is stupid. He could post picture of the 49ers and Rams for a reason why its a hard win in Seattle. He could post information on the upcoming sale of that franchise and note that new ownership typically brings in their own guys to run and coach teams.

Drama Paulsen.

• Like 1

I've spent many years around Seattle and the puget sound region. The rain is real but still greatly exaggerated. It's a beautiful and fantastic city and great area. Home to many major corporations. Great parks for many miles around. Great arts and music scene. Great sports scene. It's a continuously prosperous and diverse state.

The whole of western Washington and northwest part of Oregon are fantastic places for scenery, great towns, fantastic coastline and all the outdoors activities you could ask for. The rain is a thing, but not anything close to a deal breaker for any reasonable human. The Summers are not two months long.

Also, there has been plenty of stupid in this thread of more types in the last 24 hours than in quite awhile. How about getting a grip? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2