Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

For what it’s worth I don’t think the Quinn/Rivera comparison is really that apt.  

Quinn has just proven he still knows how to coach’s one side of the ball, and he’s been a good coordinator for 3 years since his last HC stint.  

He’s not going from one HC job to the next.  He has a successful “reset” period.

I’d be fine with Quinn assuming he has an outstanding plan at OC and offensive staff.  Which would include a succession plan so if he loses a coordinator, they don’t have to change schemes.  

If it’s Macdonald I think that would be very intriguing.  And we’ve heard that Harris admires the Ravens organization. 

I don’t know much about Weaver, but he’s apparently really killing it in interviews.  

Aaron Glenn intrigues me.  He was actually voted the #1 defensive coordinator in the NFLPA poll conducted of players.  

I think any of these guys could be extremely successful IF they figure out the offensive plan and Peters gets good players.

And …. Whichever QB they pick at 2 turns out to be good.  

• Like 6

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan Quinn is and has been among my least preferred candidates.  But sheesh, some of you guys are just brutal.  As if Peters and ownership like him because he’ll be their puppet or whatever.  🤣. What stage of grief is this?

We’re dead inside. This is the 7th circle of hell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

YIKES. Why waste everyone's time then?

2 hours after hearing the news, this is exactly what’s irking me. I also heard “he’s loyal, loves Campbell, and it’s not about the money”… if all is true, including the LAC thing, then why take so many interviews. Especially while your team is making a deep run, why deal with the distractions when you could simply say no upfront.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

2 hours after hearing the news, this is exactly what’s irking me. I also heard “he’s loyal, loves Campbell, and it’s not about the money”… if all is true, including the LAC thing, then why take so many interviews. Especially while your team is making a deep run, why deal with the distractions when you could simply say no upfront.

He's messed his chances up in the near of getting interviews as owners and GMs will be leery of hiring him, I would think.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

So what’s the plan?  Wait and let the Seahawks make their choice and then take more time to decide?    Come on let’s get the show on the road.   They have talked to the candidates.  Make a decision and offer the job to the top choice.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You kid....but we could do much worse. Brady would be a great leader if nothing else. I'm sure he's forgotten more football than Ben Johnson knows. 

If a player dumped Gatorade on him, the refs would flag us for roughing the coach.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

So what’s the plan?  Wait and let the Seahawks make their choice and then take more time to decide?    Come on let’s get the show on the road.   They have talked to the candidates.  Make a decision and offer the job to the top choice.  

Yeah I'm curious what they're waiting on. Maybe they really are having a hard time deciding? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CTskin said:

Yeah kinda a Busch move on Johnson… I do t mind he turned us and Seattle away that’s his right, but he knew that yesterday so why wait till today when they were on a flight to interview him… listen while he’s good he’s only been doing this 2 years… and already I get the feel he’s a bit into himself as if he has all the leverage to pick a landing spot to be HC… nothing would joy me more then to see the Lions take a step back in 2024

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm sure he's forgotten more football than Ben Johnson knows

And he knows more about good QB play than anyone else as well. I actually wouldnt hate it with a young QB. But I think he just got like 200 million to do TV. Cant see us matching that :)

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Just another opinion out there. Big deal. Calm down.

It’s not being presented as just another opinion, it’s an account that posts literally made up “news”. If they ran an account that said “crazy theory but what if X, Y, and Z?” Then they’d be conducting themselves with some sort of transparency and just engaging in the conversation. 

They’re posing as insiders who have information. That’s garbage and adds no value. 

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Sounds like we are waiting for MacDonald to choose between Seattle and us.  🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mike MacDonald's wife is an ex-Redskins cheerleader.  Wonder if she holds a grudge?

What?

1 minute ago, Conn said:

It’s not being presented as just another opinion, it’s an account that posts literally made up “news”. If they ran an account that said “crazy theory but what if X, Y, and Z?” Then they’d be conducting themselves with some sort of transparency and just engaging in the conversation. 

They’re posing as insiders who have information. That’s garbage and adds no value. 

OK, you figured it out. I didn't. Good for you.

As Rickles would say "Have a cookie"

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t give a **** what they say. Your top dawg who you’ve vetted behind the scenes turns you down mid flight. Bad look for everyone involved. 

And I can find videos (they are hard to find but they exist 😆) where Zorn is mic’d up and sounds like he knows what he’s doing. Coaching “highlight” videos don’t mean ****. 

We've never heard the team say he was the top dog, I haven't even heard someone in the media back it up with "sources say".

I'm curious if he lead us to believe he was all in and then left us hanging, if that's the case we should toilet paper his house.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I’m pretty sure Harris and Peters + the advisory committee are just wasting away in Margaritaville searching for their lost shaker of salt, waiting for the Seahawks to make a move.  

My guess is both groups are discussing what they want to do and making offers to whichever candidate they want to hire.  

I think we’ll know tomorrow some time.