Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Stoox said:

Just spitballin'....

If it's Dan Quinn (who I have no problem with), the DC might be Kris Richard, who he worked with in Seattle. OC could be Darrell Bevell, who also worked in Seattle and is now under McDaniel in Miami. 

If it's Mike McDonald, the DC could be either Wink Martindale or Jesse Minter, both of whom worked in Baltimore. No idea who the OC could be. Josh McDaniels? Kliff Kingsbury?

I can't see the HC being anyone other than those two, unless they change course and interview Mike Vrabel.

Jesse Minter prob going to LAC with Harbaugh but could def see Martindate or Weaver if it's MacDonald.

I'm fine with Johnson deciding to stay where he's at. If he's not comfortable enough yet to take the seat at the head of the table, then I don't really want him.

But for the love of god, he couldn't have ****ing decided this a couple of weeks ago?

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You guys are all looking for conspiracy theories on why Ben Johnson stayed in Detroit, but I think it’s pretty obvious…

Remember when Eminem threatened him with a diss track? He clearly doesn’t want any kind of beef with Em. 

Ja Rule still hasn’t recovered. 

Good point.  Eminem could write some wicked lyrics and has a cruel streak, he would have eviscerated Ben Johnson and it would have gone national.  It would make all the Taylor Swift stuff feel like nothing in comparison

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I would rather have Vrabel than Ron Quinnvera.

Vrabel is interesting. Two back to back losing seasons and a riff with ownership. Not to mention a pedestrian offense without DH. I can see why teams might be hesitant.

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Just spitballin'....

If it's Dan Quinn (who I have no problem with), the DC might be Kris Richard, who he worked with in Seattle. OC could be Darrell Bevell, who also worked in Seattle and is now under McDaniel in Miami. 

If it's Mike McDonald, the DC could be either Wink Martindale or Jesse Minter, both of whom worked in Baltimore. No idea who the OC could be. Josh McDaniels? Kliff Kingsbury?

I can't see the HC being anyone other than those two, unless they change course and interview Mike Vrabel.

Zach Orr for DC if MacDonald is HC.

6 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Vrabel is interesting. Two back to back losing seasons and a riff with ownership. Not to mention a pedestrian offense without DH. I can see why teams might be hesitant.

Vrabel has 0 chance of coming here. He butted heads with Ron Carhton and he and GMAP are boys. That well has been poisoned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

I have a very unpopular opinion, but I'm going to share it (because that's what we do, is give our unedited opinions here) :)

Now that Ben Johnson and Bobby Slowik are staying with their current teams, I like the idea of going with someone new to head coaching still. So, no Bill Belichick, Mike Vrabel, or Dan Quinn. I really like giving Aaron Glenn a shot, and if he wants to retain Eric Bienemy, I'm all for it. I'm not a huge fan of Bienemy's but will say it was his first year calling the plays on offense, correct? He could get better with practice; I also loved watching HBO hard knocks and how Aaron Glenn and Deuce Staley would get into it during practice. I could see Glenn and Bienemy doing the same, and maybe that pushes the team and the players to be better. Just my thoughts!  

Also still love the thought of Mike Macdonald, I'm just not getting my hopes up.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

This decision was also an unspoken message to Jerruh, if you get what I'm sayin'

Huh? The Cowboys don’t care that much about Quinn in the grand scheme of things, there’s no message here if we hire him except that we’re content to take the leftovers that they won nothing with and give him more responsibility. 

Just now, Dissident2 said:

I hope there's some serious consideration for Glenn. I think there's a lot of potential there. I'd much rather go that route than Dan Quinn, Medicine Woman. 

Glenn has a solid resume, great experiences, strong leadership qualities and based on other items I've read, should come off quite well in an interview.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

This is good stuff, right here!  SIP, you never cease to amaze me, Brother.  Yes, I feel a lot better.  You are THE man!  Love ya, Brother and thanks for this.  I need to watch more videos.  Logan wouldn't jive us.  Still in for MacDonald but if it's Quinn many should feel a ton better after hearing this.  I watched the video that one of the ESers put up of Quinn too and culture was mentioned in the video as well.  He reminds me of Jon Gruden with his intensity on the sideline.  There are probably better examples.  Thanks, man!  :)  

Most predictable post of the year award goes to! 

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Huh? The Cowboys don’t care that much about Quinn in the grand scheme of things, there’s no message here if we hire him except that we’re content to take the leftovers that they won nothing with and give him more responsibility.

Oh, I meant Johnson's decision