Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Let's just trust in Harris, Peters and Co. If they hire Quinn then let's get behind the team, nobody knows how good Quinn will be 2nd time around.

Maybe, but Jay Gruden passed on him for Greg Manusky...

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What made Seattle think it was going to work for Carroll?

What made New England think it was going to work for Belichick?

What made Kansas City think it was going to work for Reid?

What made St. Louis think it was going to work for Dick Vermeil?

What made Indianapolis think it was going to work for Tony Dungy?

You're right and it comes down to one thing...quarterback. Any of these guys we're talking about hiring will win with the right quarterback. 

• Like 2

In all seriousness, Ben Johnson basically just pulled the equivalent of Caleb Williams going back to USC instead of declaring for the draft this year.

When you're the #1 overall pick, you don't go back to school. Doesn't matter how much NIL money is being dangled in front of you, your draft stock can only go down.

I'm sure he had his reasons, but this is a puzzling decision and IMO doesn't reflect very well on him. 

• Like 1

A 50+yo defense orientated retread, former HC who reached and lost a Super Bowl with an all time record little over .500 … sound familiar?

I don’t doubt Quinn has a different personality to Ron, but the production is eerily similar, it would just feel like a complete flatline on all the optimism surrounding the franchise

• Like 3

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

What made Seattle think it was going to work for Carroll?

What made New England think it was going to work for Belichick?

What made Kansas City think it was going to work for Reid?

What made St. Louis think it was going to work for Dick Vermeil?

What made Indianapolis think it was going to work for Tony Dungy?

Well most of them had a quarterback. We're still in search of ours. And Andy Reid was a hell of a coach in Philadelphia. Belichick had Brady we see who Belichick really is now. Carroll had the best Russell. And Tony had Peyton. ..... Dan Quinn had Matt Ryan and did nothing. He would be a loser pick we know who he is and it's average at best. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Had my busiest day at work in years. So I missed all the fun today. But this is what happened. Johnson bombed his interviews. No doubt in my mind about it. 

But he didn't even have his interview with us.

1 minute ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Well most of them had a quarterback. We're still in search of ours. And Andy Reid was a hell of a coach in Philadelphia. Belichick had Brady we see who Belichick really is now. Carroll had the best Russell. And Tony had Peyton. ..... Dan Quinn had Matt Ryan and did nothing. He would be a loser pick we know who he is and it's average at best. 

Carroll drafted Russell Wilson. Dungy was considered a failure in Tampa and Gruden won it immediately after Dungy left.  Lets not pretend Brady was a top pick when Belichick got there. This idea that 2nd chance coaches is as narrow-minded as only wanting offensive head coaches.

I am not shoehorned into any one type of coach. I want the right coach.

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Does anyone have a list of all the people who claimed "Johnson was a lock" so I know not to take what they say with a grain of salt moving forward?

Boomer Esiason

Peter King

Who else? 

RWJ 3 days ago after reading an article, before he read a different article and fell in love with Raheem Morris, and then read another article and fell back in love with Macdonald.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Had my busiest day at work in years. So I missed all the fun today. But this is what happened. Johnson bombed his interviews. No doubt in my mind about it. 

He didn't even have a 2nd interview with us. They only conducted a virtual. He told them while they were on the plane on the way to interview him he was staying in Detroit.

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ah, now we know what happened… Ben Johnson was scared off by the threat of an Eminem diss track!

Crazy.  Almost makes one think that he paid for Johnson to stay in Detroit.  Nah, that's a stupid thought.