Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Days seem like weeks; weeks seem like months.  I hope Detroit loses the game so we can find out on Monday/Tuesday about Ben Johnson and officially name him our HC. This is ridiculous and when it comes to putting your coaching staff together, we are behind the 8 ball.  The NFL needs to make adjustments to the hiring process with potential HC who are in the playoffs to teams like us and the Seahawks, for example so we are not behind every other team.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Days seem like weeks; weeks seem like months.  I hope Detroit loses the game so we can find out on Monday/Tuesday about Ben Johnson and officially name him our HC. This is ridiculous and when it comes to putting your coaching staff together, we are behind the 8 ball.  The NFL needs to make adjustments to the hiring process with potential HC who are in the playoffs to teams like us and the Seahawks, for example so we are not behind every other team.  

I'm thinking Ben Johnson already has his crew lined up.....at least I hope so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

We can see how well Raheem is working things so far, (it's early in the process) but he oversees everything as a leader and then lets the OC and DC do their thing.  I really wanted him if MacDonald and Johnson fell through.  I have to wonder if he was high on our list and we (Peters, Harris, minority owners, advisory team) were upset when we heard he was hired by the Falcons.  

Just now, Chris 44 said:

I'm thinking Ben Johnson already has his crew lined up.....at least I hope so.

True but someone else might want that same person and that person leaves because the HC that's been hired is already in place and Johnson is waiting.  I agree with your assessment, but you never know.  Dragging out can change minds.  Let's hope you are right. :)  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is the most toxic fanbase in all of sports.

Uh, yeah:  We’ve been snake-bitten by an owner who screwed up and destroyed a loyal fan base one stupid move after another.  From free agency to management to the stadium to off-field issues, and the list goes on and on.   There was always drama going on here by an owner who could be relied on to continuously put himself at the center, trying to get the credit for looking like the smartest person in the room, when, in fact, he should never have even been in the room.  He hood-winked us at the beginning into thinking that he cared about this team, only for us to realize (some of us were slower than others) that what that insecure person really cared about was himself.  And it backfired on him all the time.

We got taken once again by Dallas, as Jerry Jones took him under his wing to show him how to be a meddling owner, knowing that DS would forever look up to him and try to emulate him … and fail at that, too.

So, yeah.  This fanbase is toxic, and for good reason.

May we finally be rid of the personification of failure and return respectability back to this great franchise with Josh Harris and Co.!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, RWJ said:

True but someone else might want that same person and that person leaves because the HC that's been hired is already in place and Johnson is waiting.  I agree with your assessment, but you never know.  Dragging out can change minds.  Let's hope you are right. :)  

Nah it’s one big boys club. Promises will be on the table already.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I think Dallas would be ripe for a Belichick or Vrabel type next year. Jerry is in win now mode. 

I guess Belichick and Jones could carpool to their AARP meetings together.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That's the beauty of collusion. 

The key is to not get caught.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like it would be pretty hard for the NFL to police what takes place in these interviews.

I think it is safe to assume that an agreement has already been made between the teams and the candidates, and both parties are simply waiting for the arbitrary "no tampering" period to pass before making everything official.

• Like 1

My first reaction to seeing Darrell Bevell's name is "please no".  I know Seahawks fans complained about him a lot.  He called the play to throw it at the goal line instead of giving it to lynch in the super bowl.  I think his track record is pretty meh, but he has a lot of experience.  

John Fox has been either HC/DC for awhile.  Very experienced.  Brought the gmen to super bowl 35 as DC and was HC in 2 super bowls w car and den.  Overall winning record.  He is 68 years old.  Currently with Detroit, he could be a great candidate IMO to come over as DC and help Johnson learn the ropes as HC.

Anthony Lynn was very well regarded, but his chargers HC tenure didn't help much.   Lost a lot of close, winnable games.  Worked with Johnson in Det and peters in SF.  Would be a good OC hire imo. 

Kacy Rodgers was DC for the jets for 4 years and has been coaching in NFL since 2003.  Won a ring in Tampa as DL coach.  Currently co-DC.

We all know Fraley is going to get some consideration.

I’m of the belief that all this can’t interview X until Y stuff is window dressing for the appearance of an equal and fair process.  The reason why folks are reporting Johnson is a done deal is because it likely is and he already knows how he intends to fill out his staff.  

Beyond the equal employment angle is the fact that they don’t want Super Bowl week clouded by news that the coordinators coaching the Super Bowl are immediately headed elsewhere.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I wonder if Dan Quinn will stay in Dallas and eventually replace McCarthy after the Cowboys have another disappointing season.

Belichick to Dallas next year is a distinct possibility - they already have a somewhat unique front office, it might be a set up with the owner really being the final say guy that could accommodate him and all that comes with him. I think it would be a huge mistake by Dallas - but never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake.

29 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

My first reaction to seeing Darrell Bevell's name is "please no".  I know Seahawks fans complained about him a lot.  He called the play to throw it at the goal line instead of giving it to lynch in the super bowl.  I think his track record is pretty meh, but he has a lot of experience.  

He also called all the plays that got then to a Super Bowl and within one snap of winning it.

Johnson would be the defacto OC. He will be designing the offense and likely calling plays - so his OC is more likely a younger guy from his tree. Much more likely he wants a vet DC who can run that side of the ball while he focuses on offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would immediately vomit everywhere if we decided to hire Matt Patricia as DC.

Also, for the people who want Vrabel as DC here, I don't think they realize he coached the 32nd ranked defense in his one season as DC (with the Texans).  Not sure how much actual defensive play calling he did in his time as HC for the Titans.

I wonder if we've broached the topic of coming here as DC to Anthony Weaver in our HC interviews with him.  As the current Ravens DL coach, he'd be the best of both worlds for those who wanted Macdonald here for his defense - Weaver was likely in line to replace Macdonald in Baltimore if Macdonald became an HC this cycle.

As long as Anyhony Weaver is not calling plays (and my belief is that MacDonald is the Ravens play caller) we can hire him as our play calling DC without Baltimore's consent.

As a bonus, as a minority coordinator, we would get two 3rd round compensatory picks, in consecutive drafts, if/when he becomes the head coach of another team.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Maybe enjoy a margarita. Or go put your feet on the grass. It’s nice out.

It will get here soon enough.  I don't drink.  There are other things, better things I can do to occupy my time.  :)  

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

image.png.42ebc5514331e6d71b1be7b0dcbb49e4.png

He made the right choice IMO. 

The choice was blow up your entire football structure and operation for an all time great who is 70 and has had a spotty record since he lost one of the greatest QBs of all time OR trust your existing structure and people and bring in a younger coach to work within that structure who is by all accounts a great leader and who's HC coaching future is ahead of him. Not behind him.

Not saying Morris is a great hire or going to work out, but for me the thought process behind the hire is correct.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He made the right choice IMO. 

The choice was blow up your entire football structure and operation for an all time great who is 70 and has had a spotty record since he lost one of the greatest QBs of all time OR trust your existing structure and people and bring in a younger coach to work within that structure who is by all accounts a great leader and who's HC coaching future is ahead of him. Not behind him.

Not saying Morris is a great hire or going to work out, but for me the thought process behind the hire is correct.

Totally agree. I just thought it was funny. If Morris has any trouble that fan base is going to crush him.

• Like 3