Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe75 said:

So, if we land Ben Johnson.  Who do you guys think would be the best fit as OC?  Are we to assume that it would be Ben's offense and he would call the plays?  

Bring in a position coach from Detroit with him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe75 said:

So, if we land Ben Johnson.  Who do you guys think would be the best fit as OC?  Are we to assume that it would be Ben's offense and he would call the plays?  

Their QB coach Mark Brunell :P

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Oh my!  They need to be patient!  Wait it out, Peters and Harris and Co.  Other teams have waited until after the SB to talk to their candidates.  It can be done.  Peters is a tireless worker. He just got paid, big time I', sure to do the job of a GM.  Wait, start putting your F.O. together and jump on your HC once he is available.  Geezz!  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Oh my!  They need to be patient!  Wait it out, Peters and Harris and Co.  Other teams have waited until after the SB to talk to their candidates.  It can be done.  Peters is a tireless worker. He just got paid, big time I', sure to do the job of a GM.  Wait, start putting your F.O. together and jump on your HC once he is available.  Geezz!  

Were down to what, 5 teams now? Belichik and Harbaugh probably taking 2 spots. There's the Tepper/Panthers gig which I dont think a top tier candidate will take. That leaves us and one other team. Your absolutely right in that they can take their time and do this right.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They are interviewing multiple top candidates. What’s the signal of rushing? No sense of panic, just urgency.

• Like 4

Just now, MartinC said:

They are interviewing multiple top candidates. What’s the signal of rushing? No sense of panic, just urgency.

Yep. Just the process. Interview their candidates in person as soon as they are available to do so. There are four left who won't be available for in person until next week, if I'm interpreting the rules correctly. All others are available to interview in person and sign.

They will have to wait to have a formal contract for any of those four until after they have completed their seasons, but I believe they can interview them in person next week.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The way this is shaking out there will be some top tier candidates who will not get a HC gig this year. The fact that some are coaching deep into the playoffs makes it very interesting to see how this plays out, who will settle for coaches out of panic?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

The way this is shaking out there will be some top tier candidates who will not get a HC gig this year. The fact that some are coaching deep into the playoffs makes it very interesting to see how this plays out, who will settle for coaches out of panic?

That always seemed to be a major unfortunate factor for Bienemy, prior to this year.

5 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Some tidbits about Peters' approach. Sounds everyone in the front office could be staying put for now. At least through the draft.

Time was given to Adam by Harris and Co as this is not an overnight build.  He could have done a bit more but a HC is needed to to these things. He is familiar with Mayhew from the 9ers and he has gotten to know the scouting dept. that is there now.  Maybe he is giving them a trial run this year and will make mods after this draft.  He makes the final decision at the end even with everyone's input.  :)  

4 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Would anyone be happy if we got Ben as HC and Aaron Glenn as DC?

It'd be ok but there are better DC out there, I think.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Aaron Glenn is under contract with the Lions as their DC.  We can't just hire him in a lateral position.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/24/aaron-glenn-coaching-lions-agree-to-a-contract-extension/

February 24, 2023

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the deal is not yet finalized but will represent an extension for “multiple years” for Glenn remaining in Detroit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Why would one of the hottest candidates for a head coaching position move laterally to become our defensive coordinator?

The lions wouldn't even allow it.