Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He basically says his legacy roster wise is about having players who are nice people

You mean like the Offensive line that were too nice to block and would say to defenders, please go ahead. Don't let me stop you. 🙄

• Like 1

We placed way too much emphasis on character and not enough on talent.

Gimmie some stone cold killers. This is a football team, not a charity or orphanage.

To quote Doc Walker: "To win sometimes you need some felons."

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We placed way too much emphasis on character and not enough on talent.

Gimmie some stone cold killers. This is a football team, not a charity or orphanage.

To quote Doc Walker: "To win sometimes you need some felons."

I wanna see at least 3 barcode tattoos in the upcoming draft class.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

"The build is gonna be through the middle. You have to start with your franchise quarterback. Then you gotta protect him.. Quarterback, center, guard, guard. And then on defense it's gonna be the two tackles, the middle linebacker, and the safety. That's the paradigm shift. When we got here it was, Hey, we're building the line. We're building the lines. And that's a little contrary to what they wanna do now. So I really think that they have a plan."

Sigh..... now watch GMAP and the new coach not really like the 1st round QBs and either move back or take MHJ just because the universe has decided Ron will get it wrong.

lol, I focused as I mentioned on the trenches lines, it pissed me off so much that i missed the lead in to it. 

• Like 1

Thinking about that comment some.  Ron said he only knows Peters by reputation.  He said it talked to Mayhew about Peters.

So since I doubt anyone is giving Ron a blueprint of what's next, I am guessing Mayhew told Ron this is what he expected based on SF. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I focused as I mentioned on the trenches lines, it pissed me off so much that i missed the lead in to it. 

I love Keim's work, but I wouldn't have cared to give Ron the platform at this point. He proved that he wasn't the right guy and still doesn't get it. I was kidding about that they won't do it now that he said that's how you do it. Only way that happens now is if all 3 of those QBs have enough red flags that GMAP and that HC both say "Yeah, as much as we need that position, knowing none are the guy and taking one is worse than moving back or taking the BPA".

The point was Ron spews nonsense and sometimes puts together a sentence; usually sounds like a more confident Chris Russell with incomplete words/sentences.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

If that happens, I wonder who'll be the QB. They need to bring in somebody else for that position, and Bill's judgment on QBs has been notoriously suspect in recent years.

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

If that happens, I wonder who'll be the QB. They need to bring in somebody else for that position, and Bill's judgment on QBs has been notoriously suspect in recent years.

Bellicheck LOVES Cousins. I expect him to go hard after him.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Bellicheck LOVES Cousins. I expect him to go hard after him.

Interesting. It would fit a "win now at all costs" scenario. Kirk is now in the later part of his career, and I expect that Bill doesn't want to wait for a young QB to get it together.

I'm kind of eager to see the results if Bill does sign there.

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Jordan Davis is overrated and I said as much at the time he was taken. He's a good run stopper but he basically doesn't rush the passer at all. He also has terrible stamina and doesn't play that many snaps.

Jalen Carter is a stud though.

They recently fined him for being overweight....tells me he'll be available sooner than later. 

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I figure Atlanta goes after him hard.  Kirk would do well there with all of the skill guys they have.

Yeah plus his wife is from Georgia. I think he signs with them and Minnesota will move on and try to move up to get someone(or maybe trade for Fields but no way Chicago trades him to a division rival).

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah plus his wife is from Georgia. I think he signs with them and Minnesota will move on and try to move up to get someone(or maybe trade for Fields but no way Chicago trades him to a division rival).

There’s been chatter that MN may be the landing spot for Wilson if Kirk moves on.

I am pretty sure ATL had interview requests with both Ben Johnson and Bob Slowik, so Bill B landing there would be very good for us.

ATL and LAC both interviewed Harbaugh, and this could open up a stronger pathway to that as well, whih would take the Chargers job off the board.

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He complements this ownership but also takes a subtle dig referencing the trades

He basically says his legacy roster wise is about having players who are nice people

Cringe. The trades so obviously are part of what brought us the 2nd pick and thereby perhaps, Peters. This is exactly why Ron needs to go. No sense of larger perspective. And also the reason the coach should never be the GM. 

Also, a roster of, “nice guys”?. Double cringe. I can not wait until we aren’t reaching for guys a round early partially because they have a military background. 

Also, how well did that go with street racing Jamin Davis that might still serve jail time and was involved in an accident that killed aomwone?

What an oaf. I’m a boomer, I think. But everything Ron says is perfect for a reply of, “Okay boomer.”

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, profusion said:

Interesting. It would fit a "win now at all costs" scenario. Kirk is now in the later part of his career, and I expect that Bill doesn't want to wait for a young QB to get it together.

I'm kind of eager to see the results if Bill does sign there.

Later part of his career and coming off an Achilles injury.

1 hour ago, skeenzfan said:

Results determine the stories that are written/reported in the media. Winning cures everything. His game planning or the locker room is probably no different than last year. Last year they had a lot more success so everything that was reported was positive and they could do no wrong. Now the entire focus is on what went wrong. Did we hear any locker room issues when they were 10-1? Did anyone question their game planning? Last year it was all about how AJ Brown - Hurts friendship helped recruit him to Philly. This year it is all about how they don't get along. 

The gameplanning has been very different actually, I’ve watched a bunch of videos on it (from unbiased people outside of Eagles land) The consensus seems to be that the scheme is the same but they aren’t providing answers for Hurts anymore, especially when it comes to pressure—or aren’t giving him the flexibility to change things at the line. Some of the route combos in high leverage situations last week were straight up idiotic. There’s a reason they’re losing. “Winning cures everything” is a simplistic way to look at it when there are identifiable reasons for the losing. 

Edited by Conn