Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

While I reject the Tepper-Dan comparisons that some made -- Tepper comes off a bad owner but not in the epic way that Dan has been.  As far as I know Tepper isn't sexually harassing women or breeding a frat house in his FO, intimidating people with PIs or being cheap with taking care of his players and a slew of the other Dan crimes that Tepper doesn't seem to have in common with.

But Tepper does remind me of early years Dan where he doesn't want to be denied to get his guy and is willing to do whatever it takes to offer more to get it done.  So as bad as the Carolina situation is, I still expect Tepper to be a force to be reckoned with if he's competition for Johnson.   The Tepper-Dan analogies work to me on one front which is impatience and the belief that they know better than the professionals.

yep. ain't no one gonna take our #1 spot for worst nfl owner ever. it's the lone dynasty we've built.

Amazing that I can finally get excited with these hires

People used to get so mad at my posts that it never mattered who we hired while Snyder owned the team it was hopeless

These decisions matter now. And they are looking great so far 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

If we hire BJ who's the best DC available? Wink Martindale? Could we lure Anthony Weaver away from Baltimore?

Weaver would be a good get IMO, but he has the assistant HC title in BAL I think. Not sure if that gets in the way.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Weaver would be a good get IMO, but he has the assistant HC title in BAL I think. Not sure if that gets in the way.

BJ probably respects the Ravens staff after they shut the Lions down this season.

24 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

You would sure think Washington would be more desirable to any potential coach but maybe I’m (we) biased. 

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Pretty wild there are so many good coaching openings this year. 

Isn’t there close to this many every year?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Pretty wild there are so many good coaching openings this year. 

I don't know if this is more than the usual annual turnover or if we just  have our ears to the ground this year because it affects us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't understand why people think Tepper/Carolina has no shot?

Ben Johnson is from Carolina, went to UNC and has supposedly said his dream was to coach for his hometown team one day

Tepper can offer him more power and personnel control than we can and should. If he wants a Rivera like situation, we should not give it to him. It was a disaster letting Rivera have that much control. 

The only coaches in the league that get paid 15 million were Bill B and maybe Harbaugh might get that. If Ben Johnson wants that as a rookie head coach? No. 

well, ben johnson was born in 1986 and carolina panthers became a team in 1995. before the panthers, carolina was redskins' country. so technically, washington could be his hometown team of sorts lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

yep. ain't no one gonna take our #1 spot for worst nfl owner ever. it's the lone dynasty we've built.

He dumped a drink on fans and was fined $300k. At this point in the Snyder era was still a honeymoon and we were happily tracking Redskins One at midnight on opening day of the league year. 

Tepper is already a pariah. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

He dumped a drink on fans and was fined $300k. At this point in the Snyder era was still a honeymoon and we were happily tracking Redskins One at midnight on opening day of the league year. 

not saying it can't happen eventually. i'm just saying a very expensive dry cleaning bill for the opposing team's fans isn't enough. put some respect on danny's name.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Most pertinently, Tepper's habit of firing coaches so quickly is going to hurt him in future searches. The HC job starts to look like a career killer.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Washington owner Josh Harris has tabbed 49ers assistant GM Adam Peters to lead the team’s remodeled football operation and help hire a head coach, with Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson believed to be at the top of Peters’ list. 

Johnson can’t interview in-person until next week, though, and the Commanders will have stiff competition to land one of the NFL’s top offensive minds. Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is also believed to be a top candidate for the job and has head coaching experience from his Atlanta days that could be beneficial working with a first-time GM.

The Commanders conducted virtual interviews with Ravens DC Mike Macdonald and assistant head coach/defensive linemen coach Anthony Weaver during this week’s bye. They also have requested interviews with Texans OC Bobby Slowik, Lions DC Aaron Glenn and Rams DC Raheem Morris.

https://www.nfl.com/news/coaching-notebook-examining-the-nfl-s-seven-current-head-coach-searches

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan’s sewage pipe fans would like to have a word with you…

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

Most pertinently, Tepper's habit of firing coaches so quickly is going to hurt him in future searches. The HC job starts to look like a career killer.

Is why I’d be amazed if Johnson chooses to go there as a first time HC. Pretty sure since becoming owner there Tepper has averaged firing a coach every 2 years. The recent incident with the fan then, not to mention the belief he involved himself in picking Bryce Young suggests a Snyder-esque impulsivity and meddling, which again I can’t imagine to be reassuring to any potential candidate regardless of financial incentives. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Starry Plough said:

Is why I’d be amazed if Johnson chooses to go there as a first time HC. Pretty sure since becoming owner there Tepper has averaged firing a coach every 2 years. The recent incident with the fan then, not to mention the belief he involved himself in picking Bryce Young suggests a Snyder-esque impulsivity and meddling, which again I can’t imagine to be reassuring to any potential candidate regardless of financial incentives. 

I see this as John Lynch landing Kyle Shanahan and working so closely with him to build the 49ers to what they are. First time GM brings in hot shot young OC and they grow together through the years.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Mike Macdonald is likely to get an HC job this year. So Weaver would be his replacement. I put it in the 0.1% chance range they lose both, without them both becoming HCs

43 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yep, and much like Dan, Tepper will destroy himself eventually if he doesn’t get his **** together.

51 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I don't know if this is more than the usual annual turnover or if we just  have our ears to the ground this year because it affects us

I think it's a little more than normal and quite possibly could be more depending on what happens in the playoffs 

32 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Johnson can’t interview in-person until next week, though, and the Commanders will have stiff competition to land one of the NFL’s top offensive minds. Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is also believed to be a top candidate for the job and has head coaching experience from his Atlanta days that could be beneficial working with a first-time GM.

They can use Zoom an sign him right away ! :P

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

If we hire BJ who's the best DC available? Wink Martindale? Could we lure Anthony Weaver away from Baltimore?

He cursed out Daboll and was fired, he may have a character issue.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

okay but this IS a discussion forum… 

Lol.  We don't need to stress anymore.  Years of trauma and bad draft picks result in these comments:  "he should be fired if he doesn't pick my QB or does a trade down", "we shouldn't overthink it", "I would run to the podium and yell out Orakpo"  Jk.

If there is another team that offers a Cerrato-level trade such as swap their number 5-7 pick for the 2nd overall + a 2nd round pick this year + first round picks in 2025 and 2026 I would want Peters to strongly consider it.  He would have a high first, three second round picks and two third round picks + two first round picks the next two years.  That's a haul to build upon.  You give up a particular player to get build capital.  Is it the right decision?  I don't know.  I'm just happy we don't have clowns making those decisions anymore.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1