Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, profusion said:

Didn't the Commanders say they plan to interview him?

It's cynical, but interviewing him satisfies the Rooney Rule, so I'd expect him to get his usual round of courtesy interviews. Based on this year, it's hard to imagine him being hired as a HC, but stranger things have happened.

Nope, they did not.  Harris was nice talking about Bieniemy but vague and non-committal.  Keim suspects he won't get an interview here.

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

everyone thought scot was the next coming and a genius and that he would build titles here. he never did that.

his drafts sucked and his FA decisions were even worse.

He was hamstrung by Bruce and Dan true.

Fair points but Scot McCloughan was a known drunkard on his literal last chance. Dude was even asked in his debut presser "hey what steps are you taking to not be a drunkin failure this go round?". 🤷‍♂️

Whens Peter's debut presser? Interested to see if he gets asked a similar question. 🤪

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think he even has an interview unless am missing one?

We single handedly killed this man's career.  lol

But his HC prospects were slim anyway.  Half the league already interviewed him and wasn't interested.  Maybe one of these new HC gigs will get him another OC job.  

But seems like his best chance to be a HC woulda been back in KC.  I mean, how much longer is Andy Reid gonna keep coaching?  

Edited by justice98
  • Thumb up 1

I have not posted for some time on the board on a regular basis because my interest had basically dwindled to zero.  I have been watching this development keenly and keeping up with all the posts.  I am truly excited in my fandom again.  We have to keep this momentum and make smart decisions, on everything, going forward.  By having Josh as the owner, making the right moves, and hiring Adam, we are FINALLY operating as a professional organization again, for the first time since DS unfortunate purchase of my team.  It feels nice, but much left to be done, which I have no doubt will be done, correctly.  What a great hire and so very excited for the future of my beloved team, whatever name we eventually adopt!  HTTR!!!! (as I used to always say:)) Beyond excited and can't even focus at work...feels nice, again!    

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 12

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Whens Peter's debut presser? Interested to see if he gets asked a similar question.

Reporter: Adam, what makes you think you can be successful in a place others have failed for 30 years?

Adam:

e30ccb14-1947-4ebb-a87d-c6aa2eee2a7a_text.gif

• Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Fair points but Scot McCloughan was a known drunkard on his literal last chance. Dude was even asked in his debut presser "hey what steps are you taking to not be a drunkin failure this go round?". 🤷‍♂️

Whens Peter's debut presser? Interested to see if he gets asked a similar question. 🤪

What does Scot McCloughan think of the Commanders 2023 draft class?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Just get rid of the dead wood please.

I think there is a good chance Mayhew sticks around.  I don't think there's a chance Hurney sticks around until after a transition period.  

Peters and Mayhew worked together in San Fran.  Peters will probably need somebody to answer the phones and interact with agents, and things like that.  That's something Mayhew can certainly do. That might only last a season, then they might bring somebody else in.

You physically just can't replace an entire FO staff/scouting/personnel in January.  You get the top guy, and then over a period of months, you make changes.

I believe a lot of the scouts have contracts through the draft.  

The entire overhaul is going to take some time.  

But the good news is Peters is the guy in charge, and that's what matters most.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

*Rant on* Right JP Finlay. You also said the GM announcement would come next Wednesday. This shows you among others don't have any real knowledge. You're just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks. *Rant off* Carry on everyone.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

everyone thought scot was the next coming and a genius and that he would build titles here. he never did that.

his drafts sucked 

Scot was dissappointing but has a better run IMO that some give him credit for.

If you get 3 players out of a draft its typically perceived well

2015 was relatively good.  Scheriff was the only All Pro in the Dan regime.  Preston Smith is still playing, good player.   Maybe the best 2nd round pick in Dan's regime.  Crowder was a good pick.  That's 3.  Jarrett looked good his rookie year but alas had a career ending injury.  Reiter had a longish career at center 

2016 was bad but heck we had worse.   Kendall Fuller and Ioannidis with decent careers.   Sudfeld bounced around the league as a backup. He also traded down a few times amassing 3 picks for the 2017 draft.  How many GMs have we had that traded picks in the current draft for the next draft?  Zero.  Scot was the only one.

Even if I ran with the idea that they were both bad drafts.  Scot had two things about him that we haven't had since.  He was trying to build a type especially on defense.  As Keim liked to say Bruce-Ron didn't have a particular type, they were all over the place.  And trading down to get picks for later on was so anti-Dan.  One anayltics guy said he talked to Dan about this once, advising to amass future draft picks but Dan had no interest.  For Dan the future is now.  Scot was the only one to get him off that track albiet just for one year -- granted in a more modest way because they did this in the mid rounds. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

*Rant on* Right JP Finlay. You also said the GM announcement would come next Wednesday. This shows you among others have any real knowledge. You're just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks. *Rant off* Carry on everyone.

Finlay said next Wednesday?  Actually Sheehan nailed it he said at the start of the show he thought it happens today.  Keim thought this weekend.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Is Cunningham still in our plans? Anyone know? 

I don't think so judging by some tweets at least.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

*Rant on* Right JP Finlay. You also said the GM announcement would come next Wednesday. This shows you among others have any real knowledge. You're just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks. *Rant off* Carry on everyone.

There's a  "I said it first" contest going on between him and Florio