Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, HigSkin said:
  • Tons of intermediate attacking shots
  • Detroit leads the league in passes over 20 yds

Perfect for Williams or Maye. The intermediate stuff concerns me with Daniels a little bit. But not saying he couldnt improve there either.

• Like 2

Well, Harris and Co. are putting this in the hands of Myers, Peter's friend and Rick Spielman.  Let's see if they can bring it across the goal line!  Hopefully an answer today on a Peters hiring.   

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mike Valenti - radio host from Detroit on with The Junkies on Ben Johnson

• He's a stud
  • Revitalizes guys careers, all the guys have gotten better
  • Aggressive, great play action scheme on first down
  • Tons of intermediate attacking shots
  • Detroit leads the league in passes over 20 yds
  • Run scheme diverse, tons of action
  • One weakness is redzone

EDIT - I'm slow this morning in getting to posts!  I see @Skinsinparadise is on it.  LOL

Talk about revitalizing someone’s career, look no further than Jamaal Williams. Seven years in the NFL. Two with Ben Johnson. 20 TDs with the Lions including 17 in 2022. 31 TDs for his entire career including only one cheapie in 2023.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Talk about revitalizing someone’s career, look no further than Jamaal Williams. Seven years in the NFL. Two with Ben Johnson. 20 TDs with the Lions including 17 in 2022. 31 TDs for his entire career including only one cheapie in 2023.

He mentioned him specifically along with St Brown

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

What if they make Peters HOFO and Cunningham/Halaby GM?

This is what I'm thinking/hoping. Peters gets the promotion the 49ers are trying to give him and he over sees all things Football, with a President above him, who sees over everything. Shen runs analytics for example, someone needs to be in charge of the training staff, facilities, etc. GM and HC are both under HoFO.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’d be beyond thrilled with a Peters hire. I think we should all be happy with that (although I know there will be some dissension here…it is ES 😆). 

This new beginning feels really good. Kinda like that first ice cream sandwich in the morning, 

diabetes.gif

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Perfect for Williams or Maye. The intermediate stuff concerns me with Daniels a little bit. But not saying he couldnt improve there either.

I wonder how much of what Detroit do is based around what Goff is good at. It should be. Goff is really good at hitting digs off play action - he's less good outside the numbers and not great against pressure when he has to just drop back. So Detroit feed Goff what he can do and try to keep him out of situations they know he's going to struggle - sounds simple and should be coaching 101 but an amazing number of coaches just seem to run 'their' stuff.

Point being I think obviously the basis of the O is going to come with Johnson (if we get him) but what he runs here will depend a lot on who the QB is - and what their strengths are - and what we can do with the O'Line.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Sad to say, this li'l fella is no longer with us.

I can only say so much but prayers for the family of this little fella.  🙏💗

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Can we assume that Peters will bring someone from SF with him to run our scouting dept? 

We are still awaiting official release that Peters is the hire of VP/FB OPS etc. :) 

• Like 4

Man, so many good options. I don't even have much of a ranking for a few of 'em, I'd just be cool with it. Screw 1A and 1B.

Option A is looking good.

but I also like what I see from choice number 1

then you gotta like the vibes coming off Omega pathway

I'm happy camper right now.

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hard to believe we are the first stop and top choice. Guys that were turning other clubs down are lining up at Harris's house to get in on this. 

What a change.

It is hard to believe and it also isn’t.  Dan made it easy to forget that this was once a premier staple franchise of the NFL.  I’m sure there is a level of prestige associated with the shot to rebuild this franchise into what it once a was now that an adult owns it.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It is hard to believe and it also isn’t.  Dan made it easy to forget that this was once a premier staple franchise of the NFL.  I’m sure there is a level of prestige associated with the shot to rebuild this franchise into what it once a was now that an adult owns it.

I mean we're not far removed from Jim Fassil turning us down and pulling a dude out of a bingo hall. It's an incredible turn around.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am glad to finally be able to watch this franchise conduct business as it should be conducted. I am hoping for educated top quality hires instead of splashy hires. Fun to watch.

Edited by tmandoug1

Just listened to keim.  One thing he said that I've lived my life by in my career.  Snyder always tried to prove he was the smartest man in the room where harris surrounds himself with smart people.   

I always say I know what I know and know what it don't.  When I don't I ask the question to learn.  Seems like harris does something similar.  You don't need to know football to be a good owner you just need to surround yourself with people that do to be successful. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39272666/nfl-head-coach-openings-buzz-2024-rumors-candidates-interviews-hirings-patriots-belichick

Good article with Fowler / Graziano.  Unfortunately behind a paywall, but goes into some detail regarding Commanders search. 

Who could the Commanders target for their opening?

Fowler: Much will depend on the search for the president of football operations. That candidate will likely have a heavy say in who the new coach is, and Washington is moving fast in that area, set to interview five candidates by Wednesday night. The franchise is looking for a blend of analytical and on-field acumen between both figures in a true pairing. I don't get the sense it is tied to one side of the ball for a coach; it is looking for a quality leader.

That's where a strong defensive field -- including Quinn, Morris and Macdonald, each of whom have been requested for an interview -- might have an advantage. I was told not to totally discount Harbaugh for this job, coaching about an hour away from his brother, John, in the greater D.C.-Baltimore area.

Graziano: The presence of former Warriors GM Bob Myers and former Vikings GM Rick Spielman as consultants in this search is interesting. Going beyond the NFL for help certainly indicates team owner Josh Harris will look for the best overall leader, rather than thinking about whether he should get an offensive mind or defensive mind. This is what all teams should be doing -- looking for CEO types at head coach -- though too often we see them go the other way. Harbaugh certainly fits the bill, as would Quinn, who was successful during his stint in Atlanta (2015-20) and knows how to do the job.

I imagine they will at least interview offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, though I don't imagine they're eager to promote from the current staff. It feels like a fresh approach is the way they'll go here -- total reset under new ownership.

Fowler: It's an underrated job, Dan. The Commanders have nearly $80 million in 2024 cap space, five picks in the top 100 of April's draft, including the No. 2 overall pick. If Chicago takes USC's Caleb Williams, Washington could control the draft, either taking the second-best quarterback (likely North Carolina's Drake Maye or LSU's Jayden Daniels) or fielding trade offers to move down and add more picks. It will attract major head-coaching talent as a result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Smart and talented people attract other smart and talented people. People want to work for a guy like Harris.

And like you said, the possibility of being the guy that resurrects Washington Football is alluring. You can be a God King for life.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hard to believe we are the first stop and top choice. Guys that were turning other clubs down are lining up at Harris's house to get in on this. 

What a change.

Honestly, I'm not really sure how to react.  This is amazing and my body/mind is so confused right now.  

What a change indeed.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What a change.

..not firing Ron during the season helps also. It shows an ownership group who is mature, supportive and rational. Everyone knew Ron needed to go, Harris giving him the entire year is huge when it comes to bringing talent here.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1