Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Wonder what the chances are that whoever comes in as the HOFO hires a GM to oversee personnel?

Basically what SF has with Lynch as HOFO and Peters as Assistant. GM.

Could we get Peters as HOFO and someone like Cunningham or Halaby as our VP of Personnel / Assistant GM (or whatever title)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Please explain this, " I am not a fan of him as a person or the way he goes about his business"  I am not being a smartie pants just curious as to why you say this.  :)  

He's an ass. Just the way he carries himself and speaks generally. He's similar to his brother in that way.

In terms of actions as an example he threw a junior member of his coaching staff under the bus and refused to take any responsibility for the whole stealing signals thing. No way that junior staff member did that off his own bat, or that Harbaugh had no knowledge, but rather than hold his hands up take responsibility he allowed that staff member to be fired and declared his own innocence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Another HC job open

Dang... I like Vrabel.  Have to assume he will be a HC again soon if he wants to coach.  

Report out that Mike Tomilin is considering steeping away after the playoffs.  Interesting.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mike Vrabel is fired

Wow. This is shocking imo. Hell of a coach. And another great coach who goes down because he could never find his QB. We are in such a great place right now as a franchise. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Wonder what the chances are that whoever comes in as the HOFO hires a GM to oversee personnel?

Basically what SF has with Lynch as HOFO and Peters as Assistant. GM.

Could we get Peters as HOFO and someone like Cunningham or Halaby as our VP of Personnel / Assistant GM (or whatever title)

Doubt it - would be lateral moves for those guys and they can probably get GM roles elsewhere. But who knows...

Imagine Peters as HOFO and Will McClay as GM? Would have to call in a wellness check on @Skinsinparadise to make sure he doesn't croak over the excitement lol 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Wow. This is shocking imo. Hell of a coach. And another great coach who goes down because he could never find his QB. We are in such a great place right as a franchise. 

I would assume he'll land a HC job this cycle. But if Bill is out in NE he's gotta be going there as a replacement. Even if Bill doesn't, he could just land back there as DC for a year to re-enter the HC discussion next off-season. 

• Like 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Doubt it - would be lateral moves for those guys and they can probably get GM roles elsewhere. But who knows...

Imagine Peters as HOFO and Will McClay as GM? Would have to call in a wellness check on @Skinsinparadise to make sure he doesn't croak over the excitement lol 

That would be a lateral move as Jerry essentially is the HOFO and McClay is the GM in that structure.

Someone like Halaby or Cunningham though --- it would be a promotion from Assistant GM to GM? Just spitballing

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That would be a lateral move as Jerry essentially is the HOFO and McClay is the GM in that structure.

Someone like Halaby or Cunningham though --- it would be a promotion from Assistant GM to GM? Just spitballing

Oh you mean if Cunningham came as a GM reporting to HOFO? That I could see. Not AGM but GM proper, yet still reporting to the Head of Football Operations. The question is whether our HOFO target would want to separate the main GM duties and delegate them down.

I bet structure is one of the big themes of all these interviews.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Oh you mean if Cunningham came as a GM reporting to HOFO? That I could see. Not AGM but GM proper, yet still reporting to the Head of Football Operations. The question is whether our HOFO target would want to separate the main GM duties and delegate them down.

I bet structure is one of the big themes of all these interviews.

Yeah, sorry that was what I meant. Cunningham or Halaby or name other candidate comes in as GM reporting to HOFO (if it's Peters). But if it's not Peters, idk what that structure would be, or if all those candidates are HOFO aka GM roles. 

I just assumed HOFO with a GM with Peters since that would mimic what they've got in SF with Lynch as HOFO and Peters as essentially GM via Assistant GM role. I saw this somewhere in an article as a potential structure but maybe it doesn't make sense to get 2 of these guys.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That would be beyond killer.  We'd win a SB even faster than in just season 1 -- we'd be crowned after 8 games. 

Whoooooa, I say, I say whoooooa there, Kimosabe. Let's not forget the hard and true RR rule of the 12-year plan for getting to a winning season. Gotta give that young roster a chance to ripen into seasoned, championship -level winners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2