Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I don’t think it’ll be a sham. I just think they’ll have been researching the move for months.

Certainly they have been researching. But I have doubts you can know who you want as GM without bringing them in, hearing what their vision for the franchise and their philosophy are, what people they want to hire, etc.

If he "knew" who he was going to hire before today, I would think that is troubling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Wonder if Spielman already knew that Harris was going to bring him in? Cant imagine that just 2 weeks ago he didnt have some idea about being hired. Would have definitely made him more careful about what he said.

It didn't come off that way in the interview but no way to know.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Emmanuel Forbes final season PFF grade was 50.9.  That is bad, but not historically bad by any means and there are almost certainly corners around the NFL with significant snaps lower than that around the league.  In fact, we had a corner last year with a lower grade (barely) in William Jackson III who played in 5 games before being benched who who had a 49.6 grade.   For what its worth, Benjamin St. Juste finished at 59.9 (he finished at 53 his rookie year), Kendall Fuller finished at 83.1, and Danny Johnson finished at 49.1.   What interesting is the lack of depth, Danny Johnson was the player who replaced Forbes for a while, and he finished 1.8 points lower.  Generally speaking 80 is a good starter, 70 probably is a mid level starter, 60 is on the borderline between quality depth and starter and 50 is depth, not necessarily quality depth. 

And while 50.9 is a bad grade, I think some people think Forbes is even lower because his bad games where he had like a 28 grade and a 32 grade, his grade was posted, but in his better games in say the mid 70's a lot of time his grade wasn't posted .

Agree wholeheartedly.  He had some horrific games and he had some good games.  AJ Brown took his bike and his lunch money, but our idiot coaching staff lined him up in press man on an island against the best wideout in the game, wtf...?  PFF doesn't tell you our coaches were idiots, they just post a grade that says week 9: He sucked.  If you're anti Player A - post worst games.  If you're pro - post best games.  The truth is somewhere in the middle after discarding the outliers.  But I'm the crazy guy today! 

Edit: Thanks for posting, I don't have a PFF subscription.  

Edited by lovemaskins

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Certainly they have been researching. But I have doubts you can know who you want as GM without bringing them in, hearing what their vision for the franchise and their philosophy are, what people they want to hire, etc.

If he "knew" who he was going to hire before today, I would think that is troubling. 

Ok I will rephrase, I think he will have already been strongly advised who to hire, based on information from his advisors, who have only been publicly mentioned today, but who will have been working behind the scenes for some time with him.

Just now, NickyJ said:

Any of you guys got a Rick Snyder tweet to give me the real scoop? Rick's usually on top of reporter tweets faster than SiP is.

Give me one minute

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah, I wouldn't really expect anything more from them as far as plans on the name until the GM and coach are hired, at the earliest, but I'm not surprised he was asked about it.

I’m not surprised either, nor do I think they hope/expect questions regarding the brand will just stop being asked eventually.

I think they know they have to make the right impressions.  All of this is about winning Football games first and foremost.  If I was a prospective Coach or GM I would definitely question the seriousness of the organization about doing what is important if the day you fire your previous coach you are also taking about new names and uniforms.     

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am only intrigued by Mike McDonald.

That is the only defensive coach I would even consider hiring. This league is an offensive driven league. Like it or hate it thats what it is. Even if we were to hire McDonald we would still have to find an elite offensive mind. I would prefer to have that offensive mind as the head coach. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That is the only defensive coach I would even consider hiring. This league is an offensive driven league. Like it or hate it thats what it is. Even if we were to hire McDonald we would still have to find an elite offensive mind. I would prefer to have that offensive mind as the head coach. 

I want the best leader of men but a talented offensive mind is a big competitive advantage 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

QBs can be tough. Ozzie Newsome took Kyle Boller too. 

Will never forget some pre-draft show when one guy says "Boller can throw 70 yards from a knee" and some player with him, might have been Jon Jansen saying "If a QB is on his knee, he's down." and just laughing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I want the best leader of men but a talented offensive mind is a big competitive advantage 

Yeah. I should have prefaced that by saying only defensive coordinator I would take. I would take Tomlin here in a second. And he is a defensive mind. But as you said, a true leader of men. 

2 hours ago, Fred Jones said:

I have found 3 GM candidates so far

Borgonzi, Cook, Cunningham

Commanders requested permission to interview Chiefs’ assistant GM Mike Borgonzi for their general manager job, per source. https://t.co/rWVBk1lPiu

The Commanders aren't wasting time. In addition to head-coaching requests, they have also requested permission to interview Browns AGM Glenn Cook for their new head of football operations, source says. — Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) January 8, 2024

The Commanders have requested permission to interview Bears AGM Ian Cunningham for their new head of football operations position, source says. — Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) January 8, 2024

I thought I saw somewhere they were looking at the Eagles AGM as well.

Misunderstood me, Fred.  The two I mentioned that Keim reported on, I would like either one at this time become our new GM.