Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

If Macdonald ends up being the HC, what about Freddie Kitchens as OC if the GM likes Maye and Macdonald is cool with it. Kitchens has been at UNC with Maye, had success with a rookie QB, and probably would take a few seasons to get hyped up for another HC job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

But will Carolina be number one on his list. We can be very competitive for him if that’s the direction we want to go.

If he chooses Carolina over other HC opportunities. Either it's because the money is that much more, or then maybe the wise beyond his years thing isn't accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

But will Carolina be number one on his list. We can be very competitive for him if that’s the direction we want to go.

He's from Carolina and almost went with them last year until he decided he wanted one more year with Detroit. I think the better question is will we be willing to offer him what Carolina is and I don't think we should or will be. Tepper has made no secret that Ben is his #1 choice and he will do whatever to get him. I would not be surprised if he was given full control of personnel decisions like Rivera was and we should NOT do that again. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He's from Carolina and almost went with them last year until he decided he wanted one more year with Detroit. I think the better question is will we be willing to offer him what Carolina is and I don't think we should or will be. Tepper has made no secret that Ben is his #1 choice and he will do whatever to get him. I would not be surprised if he was given full control of personnel decisions like Rivera was and we should NOT do that again. 

He is being warned by current staffers not to come to Carolina

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/ben-johnson-warned-carolina-panthers-job/625206?amp

20 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

lol

They better pick up a QB in FA cuz they wont win a game throwing 70% of the time with those QBs.

I assume they're one of the teams that will be in on Fields, Wilson or Cousins if he's available

12 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

That's two teams EB has been linked to just on this page!! What on earth are people smoking? Who looks at his performance this year and thinks "let's make him the HC".

Howell was putting up gaudy numbers early in the season, and maybe that's what people outside DC are seeing. I'd think the last month or so would have changed people's minds, but I've given up trying to figure out what some teams are thinking.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I assume they're one of the teams that will be in on Fields, Wilson or Cousins if he's available

I think they'll trade for Fields. He's a hometown GA kid and if he works out, has a lot more runway ahead of him than Wilson or Cousins.

50 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

EB getting Fields and throwing 70%+ is classic EB, especially with Bijon on the team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is ****ed up but teams tend to set up feigned interest in Rooney Rule candidates early on to get them out of the way. We’re done playing football in just a few days, EB will be very popular in the first round of interviews just like he has been for years now. Might hit a nice round 20 interviews. But I highly doubt people are intrigued by what he did here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Biggest mistake in ALL F.O.s, IMO is having a HC do the job of a GM.  Two totally different jobs that take 100 % devotion of time and effort that one man can't do.  Years ago, maybe but I don't' think today.  We need a solid VP of Football Ops and a GM, then a HC.  JMO.  Now, TNC.  Who do you think fits here in Washington and would be willing to be a GM to a VP of Football OPS who has more power than the GM?  Curios to hear your reply back and thoughts.  :)  

2 hours ago, Number 44 said:

How high of a pick do you think we'd have to give them?  😁

None, he becomes their HC.  That is all. He was our lousy OC and let him go to be there or anyone's HC.  

I don't want a head coach that's from the defense side of the team. This is a quarterback offense driven league. We need a great young OC, not a HC retread. And we need an outstanding QB coach. That's to start of what our new GM should hire. Also a great OL coach that can also get FA and draft talent to fix this line.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't want a head coach that's from the defense side of the team. This is a quarterback offense driven league. We need a great young OC, not a HC retread. And we need an outstanding QB coach. That's to start of what our new GM should hire. Also a great OL coach that can also get FA and draft talent to fix this line.

That's where a VP of Football OPS, GM work together and with input from HC get the right people.  It's called TEAMWORK in the front office. 

• Like 1