Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Sheehan and Lovero were bantering back and forth about this theory of Harris once being involved with Steelers and how Tomlin has not been extended with only 1 year left on his deal.

Their bit was Colbert who's out there and Tomlin (on a trade)

Wonder how the fans would react to that?  LOL 

NO.  Tomlin is good coach but he literally didn't advance after losing the superbowl to PAckers and that was 2010.  

• Like 1

I was just telling my Dad that something didn't seem right about Ben Johnson and I finally was able to put it into words. 

He reminds me of Arthur Smith in Tennessee. 

Both are these hot shot OCs under these disciplinarian HCs. Then Smith got hired in Atlanta and has been looking like a dufis. The truth is he couldn't recreate the culture he had in Tennessee. He is not the person that Vrabel is in terms of motivation. And that's what I don't know about Ben Johnson.

Honestly I don't see it with EB. I thought I did but I don't. I kinda understand moving the off day, but I'm not there everyday. DO THE PLAYERS KNOW. If he can't communicate that, and it's leading to all kinds of stuff, I'm not going to go 100% behind him. I'm not off the train. But I need him to better explain why Monday instead of Tuesday. Was it just an ego thing because thats messing with their norm and their family times and a lot of stuff that had to be rearranged. 

The thing I like about the Shanny tree is that there is no illusion of "tuff guy" there is no last guy in a ring type thing. Its just an out-smarts you thing. That interview this Bobby S. was really nice. I hope he is hired here and can hire a coaching staff like Shanahah had here in the 2010s. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I was just telling my Dad that something didn't seem right about Ben Johnson and I finally was able to put it into words. 

Both are these hot shot OCs under these disciplinarian HCs. Then Smith got hired in Atlanta and has been looking like a dufis. The truth is he couldn't recreate the culture he had in Tennessee. He is not the person that Vrabel is in terms of motivation. And that's what I don't know about Ben Johnson.

Honestly I don't see it with EB. I thought I did but I don't. I kinda understand moving the off day, but I'm not there everyday. DO THE PLAYERS KNOW. If he can't communicate that, and it's leading to all kinds of stuff, I'm not going to go 100% behind him. I'm not off the train. But I need him to better explain why Monday instead of Tuesday. Was it just an ego thing because thats messing with their norm and their family times and a lot of stuff that had to be rearranged. 

The thing I like about the Shanny tree is that there is no illusion of "tuff guy" there is no last guy in a ring type thing. Its just an out-smarts you thing. That interview this Bobby S. was really nice. I hope he is hired here and can hire a coaching staff like Shanahah had here in the 2010s. 

Just thinking about it over the last 24 hours and it’s crazy to me that these younger guys are getting chances to run while franchises are a year or two at most of being an OC. 

In theory and in a vacuum these guys are perfect hires. But do we really know how much they are in control? Is that Dan Campbell’s offense that was put in there? Johnson had called for a year and a half now, but the first 8 games with the lions he didn’t. So how much of the design is his? We do know he’s a good playable though. 

same with Frank smith of the Dolphins. Is that Mike McDaniel offense. How much does Smith have a say? I think the Texans are Slowik’s though. 

i guess I’m looking for something a bit more stable at this moment. The OC Joe is a good idea for the right guy. But who is the right guy?

Here's a nice article on Ben Johnson's system. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/8/14/23830935/how-detroit-lions-offensive-coordinator-ben-johnson-fixed-jared-goff

How Ben Johnson Fixed Jared Goff and Became the Next Big Thing in NFL Coaching

The Detroit Lions’ Ben Johnson is the third Ben Johnson on the list of results offered by Google when you search “Ben Johnson.” His Wikipedia page comes after the actor Ben Johnson, who died in 1996, and the Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson. The actor was a world-champion rodeo cowboy, Wikipedia tells me, and the track star was the world’s fastest man in 1987 and was famously stripped of his gold medal from the 1988 Olympics for doping. In other words, the NFL’s Ben Johnson suffers from stiff competition.

It’s a mundane search engine ranking for an NFL coach, not that name recognition actually matters. But if that’s how famous the Lions’ Ben Johnson is now, after a breakout season as a first-time play caller in 2022 and three head-coaching interviews this offseason, imagine what an unknown he was before last season—when even he wasn’t sure whether he’d be calling the Lions’ plays.

He would. He ended up calling all of them. They were really, really good.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think after raising ticket prices they will try to make a big splash. They will try to hire Tomlin or Belichick .

Probably not the best move but they will want to sell tickets.

Based on everything reported about Harris and his group, there is 0.00% chance this happens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

They already have rumors of Belichick coming.

That have been repeatedly debunked. This idea of making a splash to sell tickets is an old Snyder hangover. You know what sells the most tickets? Winning. That starts with doing what Harris has done with his other teams: identify and put t he best person available in charge and let them make the decisions. No more of these headline chasing, cash grabs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think after raising ticket prices they will try to make a big splash. They will try to hire Tomlin or Belichick .

Splashes come in many forms. I'm personally expecting numerous.

Its a lot easier to make a move like raising prices when you know you've got something to help move tix coming down the pipe.

We are SO getting that new jumbotron. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly I don't see it with EB. I thought I did but I don't. I kinda understand moving the off day, but I'm not there everyday. DO THE PLAYERS KNOW. If he can't communicate that, and it's leading to all kinds of stuff, I'm not going to go 100% behind him. I'm not off the train. But I need him to better explain why Monday instead of Tuesday. Was it jusan ego thing because thats messing with their norm and their family times and a lot of stuff that had to be rearranged. 

The reason Arthur Smith is failing in Atlanta is because he is running a 1990s offense with the run/pass mix and he refuses to feed his best players who happen all be top 10 picks (Pitts, London and Robinson). He and his GM also apparently do not believe in the importance of the QB position given they have both arguably had the worst opening day starter each of the past two years. 

9 minutes ago, method man said:

The reason Arthur Smith is failing in Atlanta is because he is running a 1990s offense with the run/pass mix and he refuses to feed his best players who happen all be top 10 picks (Pitts, London and Robinson). He and his GM also apparently do not believe in the importance of the QB position given they have both arguably had the worst opening day starter each of the past two years. 

Arthur Smith is a good coach. That Atlanta team he took over was in cap hell and had ton of dead cap money with Matt Ryan. He is what Ron Rivera impersonates when saying a quarterback away from competeting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Arthur Smith is a good coach. That Atlanta team he took over was in cap hell and had ton of dead cap money with Matt Ryan. He is what Ron Rivera impersonates when saying a quarterback away from competeting.

His dad cost us the Redskins name. Screw that guy. But it is impressive the son of a multi billionaire is an NFL head coach. Those guys tend to be too lazy usually to work that hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

He made the decision to move on from Ryan after his first year there and Ryan’s dead cap hit hit in 2022, meaning Smith and the Falcons have been in a clean cap situation in 2023. Although they may win a pathetic NFC South, Smith and the Falcons have been a disappointment. He gets canned if they don’t make the playoffs

7 hours ago, method man said:

He made the decision to move on from Ryan after his first year there and Ryan’s dead cap hit hit in 2022, meaning Smith and the Falcons have been in a clean cap situation in 2023. Although they may win a pathetic NFC South, Smith and the Falcons have been a disappointment. He gets canned if they don’t make the playoffs

He didn’t really make the decision to move on from Ryan in a vacuum. He was getting old and would soon be washed, but he left them no choice after their heavy interest in Watson leaked and he refused to keep playing there. 

10 hours ago, method man said:

I liked Smith as GM but somebody down there like Ridder over Howell. I liked Ridder but not over Howell. Somebody's got to answer for that. And other that that they've drafted well and its not necessariy a 90s offense. Its one that can win, based on the Tennessee offense. But they're not running it well, especially in the red zone. And its costing him games and he is looking like a dodfis in the press conferences explaining himself. 

Listened to Fowler and Keim talk about the article  they write together.

Fowler thought league wide the perception is Peters from SF is the best GM get. Mentioned some others including Cunningham 

He doesn’t think Bieiemy will be a HC next year.

Bieniemy this season has essentially been the defacto HC here 

If they pick high QB is likely under consideration. That’s their guess not something they heard 

Keim said he doesn’t think they have interest in Belichick 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4