Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

He was an Offensive Coordinator by name at KC and held other coaching positions.  It doesn't matter.  This is the problems with the NFL and the world today.  A lack of respect for coaching etc. by players and in general.  

Respect is earned.  The fact is he’s a first time playcaller and it shows.  You come in all loud and extra, you better have a scheme that works.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Respect is earned.  The fact is he’s a first time playcaller and it shows.  You come in all loud and extra, you better have a scheme that works.  

Respect is earned. You and anyone else tell that to a Drill Sargeant in the U.S. Marines, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy in Basic Training!   Your given orders you carry them out. You ask questions after the order is completed.  That simple.  Now, let's move on.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Respect is earned. You and anyone else tell that to a Drill Sargeant in the U.S. Marines, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy in Basic Training!   Your given orders you carry them out. You ask questions after the order is completed.  That simple.  Now, let's move on.  

It’s not the military though.  All these guys including the coaches are making millions of dollars for a kids game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who cares about EB.  He will be unemployed after Jan. 8.  Maybe he'll get some interviews for head coach but I doubt he gets hired.  I still believe his 2024 future is either a demotion to just a position coach somewhere or out of the league all together.

As for the whiney players, most of them will be gone anyway.

Though the era of the hard nose coach in nfl and college is probably slowly coming to an end.  Today's players aren't in the same mold.

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Hi. 94% of American adults have never been in the military. 99% of American adults are not currently in the military. If you need explanations about any other poor comparisons for professional athletes let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:14 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

But I dived some into Ian Cunningham last night including watching some of his interviews and he's impressive.  He was for years in both Baltimore and Philly.

Breer who is plugged in

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/06/nfl-gms-names-to-watch-potential-future

SIP, still working on connection the dots to who Ian Cunningham select as possible HC.  I put out there MacDonald, DC from Baltimore.  But also Brian Johnson, OC from the Eagles might be a target too.  All speculation as we wait but...

Link about Brian Johnson:  Brian Johnson (philadelphiaeagles.com)

• Like 1

🔺RED ALERT🔺 via Nicki Jhabvala article about 2 hours ago, 12/11/23 about Harris in the past hiring a coach before GM.  It's his team.  I'd like to see GM before coach but that's just me.  Link below and in particular to point the text in Italic, quoted and bolded! 

This NFL hiring cycle, the Commanders could be a hot ticket (msn.com)

"Ideally, the GM hire would come first, and the new executive would have input in hiring a coach and be aligned with the team’s direction. But Harris has hired in the opposite order, too, as he did with the 76ers in 2020, when he brought in Coach Doc Rivers about a month before team president Daryl Morey."

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

🔺RED ALERT🔺 via Nicki Jhabvala article about 2 hours ago, 12/11/23 about Harris in the past hiring a coach before GM.  It's his team.  I'd like to see GM before coach but that's just me.  Link below and in particular to point the text in Italic, quoted and bolded! 

This NFL hiring cycle, the Commanders could be a hot ticket (msn.com)

"Ideally, the GM hire would come first, and the new executive would have input in hiring a coach and be aligned with the team’s direction. But Harris has hired in the opposite order, too, as he did with the 76ers in 2020, when he brought in Coach Doc Rivers about a month before team president Daryl Morey."

Any chance Morey and Harris already had spoken about Doc prior the hiring's?

• Like 1

The 76ers situation isn't 100% comparable to ours. We're basically starting this thing from scratch and I think Harris is gonna take an expansion team type approach which means hiring a football person(team president, GM, whatever the heck title you wanna use)and letting them run the show.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The 76ers situation isn't 100% comparable to ours. We're basically starting this thing from scratch and I think Harris is gonna take an expansion team type approach which means hiring a football person(team president, GM, whatever the heck title you wanna use)and letting them run the show.

WH, that's what I am hoping for but the question remains and we shall see how he approaches it when it happens.  

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Harris wisely isn't doing a lot of talking, but I can't imagine he's seen much over the last few months to make him think this FO is anything but a teardown/rebuild situation.

It might be that the GM and HC hirings come very close together, as something of a package deal. There won't be a lot of time to get everything together once January 8 hits. This draft is incredibly important for the franchise's future, and they can't be still trying to do the major hirings in February.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

Harris wisely isn't doing a lot of talking, but I can't imagine he's seen much over the last few months to make him think this FO is anything but a teardown/rebuild situation.

It might be that the GM and HC hirings come very close together, as something of a package deal. There won't be a lot of time to get everything together once January 8 hits. This draft is incredibly important for the franchise's future, and they can't be still trying to do the major hirings in February.

Typically new GMs don't hire/fire scouts until after the draft. Its too late in the process so they have to use last year's guys who have already done the leg work.

I have no idea if our scouts are good or not. I mean if our scouts recommend Christian Gonzalez but our moron coaches go for Emmanuel Forbes, is that their fault?

Remember in 2019, our football people wanted to draft Brian Burns with our original pick, but the owner intervened and took Haskins.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Typically new GMs don't hire/fire scouts until after the draft. Its too late in the process so they have to use last year's guys who have already done the leg work.

I have no idea if our scouts are good or not. I mean if our scouts recommend Christian Gonzalez but our moron coaches go for Emmanuel Forbes, is that their fault?

Remember in 2019, our football people wanted to draft Brian Burns with our original pick, but the owner intervened and took Haskins.

That's a good point. We've heard for years that our scouting department might be understaffed but had good people who made good recommendations. And, of course, the GM will presumably have been working with another scouting staff this season and will have picked up some insights along the way. 

The key, for me, is that the leadership has to be on the same page about the team they're trying to build. If they get a top 3 pick, you get into possible QB range, and there needs to be agreement on what type of offense they want to run. Otherwise, you risk picking an incompatible set of players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

The key, for me, is that the leadership has to be on the same page about the team they're trying to build. If they get a top 3 pick, you get into possible QB range, and there needs to be agreement on what type of offense they want to run. Otherwise, you risk picking an incompatible set of players.

Yep this is 100% it.

I remember when Baltimore drafted Lamar Jackson and watching the footage of the war room(the stuff that gets shown after the draft)and it was incredible how EVERYONE was ALL IN on him from the get go.

Meanwhile we draft RG3 and Haskins when the coaches didn't even want them.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Not sure if this has already been discussed but I find it interesting. One report believes this is to open up more space for luxury boxes etc at Fed Ex?

The Washington Commanders plans to move its business operations from FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, to the University of Maryland's Discovery District, which is branded as an innovative research area in College Park.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep this is 100% it.

I remember when Baltimore drafted Lamar Jackson and watching the footage of the war room(the stuff that gets shown after the draft)and it was incredible how EVERYONE was ALL IN on him from the get go.

Meanwhile we draft RG3 and Haskins when the coaches didn't even want them.

What @profusion and you wrote are good points and I agree with them.  Leadership and I will add Trust are so important for a team to be successful. 

9 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed but I find it interesting. One report believes this is to open up more space for luxury boxes etc at Fed Ex?

The Washington Commanders plans to move its business operations from FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, to the University of Maryland's Discovery District, which is branded as an innovative research area in College Park.

Maybe the sales/business operation doesn't like working around bursting sewage pipes, either. :D

Seriously, though, if they want to upgrade the business operation, a better, hipper location would help attract better candidates. There's no particular reason they have to have their offices at the stadium. Maybe if/when the stadium itself is in a better location.

TBH, there's a LOT of vacant Class A office space downtown that's accessible to Metro. That might have my own first choice versus College Park, but that's just me.

Edited by profusion

11 hours ago, Commander202 said:

I see people wanting the eagles FO. Lol I rather have the cowboys front office .

Dallas seems to more often then not have a lot talent this century, but rarely does that translate into anything in the playoffs.

They finally got to second round last year, but if they lose to Detroit in a couple weeks there's really nothing different about them to me.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Dallas seems to more often then not have a lot talent this century, but rarely does that translate into anything in the playoffs.

They finally got to second round last year, but if they lose to Detroit in a couple weeks there's really nothing different about them to me.

I've long seen the Cowboys as a slightly more competent version of what Snyder was doing during the Vinny Cerrato era. Great at collecting talent, but not great at building a coherent team out of it.

I do wonder if maybe there are changes going on behind the scenes, because the Cowboys have started looking slightly more rational the last couple years.

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

I've long seen the Cowboys as a slightly more competent version of what Snyder was doing during the Vinny Cerrato era. Great at collecting talent, but not great at building a coherent team out of it.

I do wonder if maybe there are changes going on behind the scenes, because the Cowboys have started looking slightly more rational the last couple years.

Jerry getting older, son getting more "involved", I imagine...Jerry biggest problem is not being able to let go of doing it his way when there was no salary cap. 

Son can't relate to that, he's probably already better but it won't be common knowledge until his Dad finally and fully relinquished the keys to him. 

I can see him going down swinging like Al Davis did, but what you posted I noticed it too.

Edited by Renegade7