Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

1 minute ago, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees that he can play. But is it to an elite level that you need in this league to really be competing for SBs? Don’t see it. 

If he was on sf and purdy with us the two teams would be exactly where they are now. Its not sam or purdy making or not making things work its the rest of the team

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees that he can play. But is it to an elite level that you need in this league to really be competing for SBs? Don’t see it. 

The answer to that question is no for the vast majority of organizations. That doesn’t mean we’ll have a better alternative as soon as this offseason, especially if we keep squeaking out these ugly pointless wins. 

• Like 1

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

4th quarter play calling on offense was horrid......I've been in wait and see mode before forming a opinion on him but so far he's showing us why he was overlooked to this point.  

I think he was overlooked due to him talking in the first person. Nothing more.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Conn said:

Don’t really see any optimism to take from this win, but I’m in “subsist until Black Monday” mode personally minus observing Howell’s development. 

I hear yea, the progress is we won, even after a bad lose and trying to give this one away in the road.

Being up 14 points the last quarter is a good place to be even against a bad team.

Just now, Conn said:

Olave went 7/96 or something today. Has consistently been a stud. We could’ve drafted Howell anyways. Not sure Brian Robinson and Turner justify the drop down to Dotson if he doesn’t improve. 

it’s very early to be giving up on Dotson (not saying you are). 

23 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

very interesting. closed/dome stadium incoming? 

I think a movable top stadium is where we are going to be. I hope its in DC. DC has been vying for a summer olympics for forever. But they will never get it witht he stadiums we have in the area. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The Ron Rivera special. Let's just be in the "In The Hunt" graphic. 

He gone anyway, I've said my piece about not wanting to lose no matter what.  You can't build a winning organization without winning.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I disagree about the inconsistent thing. We’re bad. Allen, Payne, Davis, Fuller, Curl, St. Juste, Sweat, Young, and several depth guys have been here 3+ years and playing together in the same defense and they’re STILL inconsistent, not to mention undisciplined. The league moves too fast. That should’ve been enough time with that many players for at least a Solid defense to coalesce. Hasn’t happened.

Even if I agree with you, 5-4 is 5-4...looking at rest of the schedule hovering around.500 isn't crazy regardless of what we should be.

How many folks had us at .500 anyway this hear? I had 9-8

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

I see some of these things as purely variance, some as actually bad. Not strongly enough to argue too much about it but I don’t see anything EB did with the run game as really showing any sort of commitment to it or understanding of how to scheme and call it effectively. I actually saw a lot of the same flaws, the Falcons just weren’t good enough to punish us for them, so they likely continue rather than being learned from, which spells worse things in the future. 

Won’t even get into the defense, it’s bad. They dared Ridder to beat them with his arm and despite being awful, he almost did and had a chance. We only were able to make them pick that poison and “succeed” and win because Ridder is that bad. A slightly better QB would have beaten us despite a full commitment to stopping their run game.

Thats all fair.

I'm just digging thru trash to find some treasure here.

• Like 1

My biggest fear is if somehow we get to the 7 or 8 win mark and Ron convinces Harris that he needs a little more time and uses the young qb excuse to buy him that time.  I can't stand the idea of this staff getting another year and off season to **** this roster up even more. I know it's unlikely to happen but we all know stranger things have happened. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1