Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m curious why in trips bunch we aren’t zone dropping backers into the hook/curl zone to take away some of those easy completions. Our backers just seem to sit still at their alignment point. No flow, no reads. 

Davis is at least trying to fly around.

We’re also never up on the line in coverage. We give opposing receivers the opportunity to free release and win on their breaks. 

It’s just a bad defense. I never say this but I legit think I could fix it to the point it was still not great but we’d be able to get off the field on occasion. 

Talent deficiency more than anything? Seems like it's lack of  talent along with piss poor coaching 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The issue is if he has one bad play per drive.

That kills drives.

1 bad play per quarter is acceptable and going to happen unless you're a top 5 QB.

Howell's issue is he has too many bad plays per game.  But I don't fault him, he's in his 7th game. 

Talk to me after 20 games. If it's still happening, it's a problem.  Right now, it's a learning experience.  

I am so tired of the Sam Howell discussion. He is what he is and we have seen growth, but it doesn’t matter what he does if our defense is as bad as they are. He is a project we all expected highs and lows. But the defense was supposed to be the strength. The defense sucks, it doesn’t matter what Sam does right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

Talent deficiency more than anything? Seems like it's lack of  talent along with piss poor coaching 

There is a talent deficiency… but there shouldn’t be. Six firsts and two seconds on that defense. 

But there’s a lot of bad coaching, too.

• Like 1

Just now, cougs said:

I am so tired of the Sam Howell discussion. He is what he is and we have seen growth, but it doesn’t matter what he does if our defense is as bad as they are. He is a project we all expected highs and lows. But the defense was supposed to be the strength. The defense sucks, it doesn’t matter what Sam does right now. 

People just want to blame him because they don’t know any better.

• Thumb up 1