Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

56 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

What was it?

"Dear Great Satan,

Neither of us want to really escalate the war.  We hope that all of your weapons work... because if they don't its your own fault we attacked you.  Please take this in mind when you and Israel decide a response.

XOXO your BFF since 1979"

Recall the statement that "Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that he anticipates the trip."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

What was it?

"Dear Great Satan,

Neither of us want to really escalate the war.  We hope that all of your weapons work... because if they don't its your own fault we attacked you.  Please take this in mind when you and Israel decide a response.

XOXO your BFF since 1979"

Maybe they offered to send some volunteers to continue training Americans “peace activists” for free.

Oh brother. 

There's a really thin line in the pro-Palestinian support that crosses over into being anti-Israel. Wanting US government to be more neutral towards Israel-Palestine vs. wanting US government to be anti-Israel.  For sure yeah guys...kneecapping Biden for Trump is really in your political interests (rolls eyes through screen).  Wouldn't surprise me if some of these activities are Israel or "right wing funded".  

I do think some conditioning of arms aid to get Israel at the table to a peace process could be good.   "Antiwar"... sure...Biden gave us this war... anyone who thinks that is a moron. 

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Marg Bar. 🤣

How recent is that video? I haven't seen that many masked people in a room in like three years. 🤔

i sincerely hope it’s from after October, because who sat around learning to say death to America in solidarity with Iran in 2022? 

• Thumb up 1

What did they attack in Iran? I assume it’s a good sign that n there is no certainty, because it implies that either the attack failed or was small enough to go mostly unnoticed. 

6 hours ago, Destino said:

What did they attack in Iran? I assume it’s a good sign that n there is no certainty, because it implies that either the attack failed or was small enough to go mostly unnoticed. 

I don't think it's a good sign if it failed. My immediate question would be "how?"...

I hate thinking about this conflict so much ( Israel-Palestine) and what the end-state is.

A two-state solution is good on paper, but how do you make it so they are not constantly at war?  Is Israel able to commit to not expanding settlements?  A one-state united solution is good on paper, except the Jewish population immediately is a minority population, and any self-rule would dilute the very nature of why Israel exists.  

Many people will say, "the issue is violent, extreme interpretation of Islam".  Which Muslims think means Jews and Christians need to be driven from Muslim lands.  In America and more western countries we don't really talk about this as much as Israelis do.

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I hate thinking about this conflict so much ( Israel-Palestine) and what the end-state is.

A two-state solution is good on paper, but how do you make it so they are not constantly at war?  Is Israel able to commit to not expanding settlements?  A one-state united solution is good on paper, except the Jewish population immediately is a minority population, and any self-rule would dilute the very nature of why Israel exists.  

Many people will say, "the issue is violent, extreme interpretation of Islam".  Which Muslims think means Jews and Christians need to be driven from Muslim lands.  In America and more western countries we don't really talk about this as much as Israelis do.

Is it more of a problem for Jews to be a minority in a unified government than for Muslims to be a minority in a unified government?

11 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Is it more of a problem for Jews to be a minority in a unified government than for Muslims to be a minority in a unified government?

It's hard to look past "maintaining the point of Israel" when it basically requires supporting their apartheid of anyone that isn't Jewish...in particular the inhabitants of that land before their country was founded.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 7:42 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

FTFY

I just want to point out that the ME hasn't been then bad for 3,000 years.  I'm not at all sure it has been worse than Europe.

The Ottoman Empire successfully and relatively peacefully governored over the Middle East and much of N. Africa for hundreds of years.  The Ottoman Empire was multi-cultural generally religiously tolerant and diverse country/government.

What you see in the Middle East today is heavily the result of post-WW1 and WWII decisions/foreign policy by/of western powers coupled with the rise of the importance of oil.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

I just want to point out that the ME hasn't been then bad for 3,000 years.  I'm not at all sure it has been worse than Europe.

The Ottoman Empire successfully and relatively peacefully governored over the Middle East and much of N. Africa for hundreds of years.  The Ottoman Empire was multi-cultural generally religiously tolerant and diverse country/government.

What you see in the Middle East today is heavily the result of post-WW1 and WWII decisions/foreign policy by/of western powers coupled with the rise of the importance of oil.

Not sure how serious you are but tl:dr,

the center of several major religions has absolutely been worse than Europe. Everyone from every direction wanted the middle east. Basically, because it's the start of civilization, it's the most blood-soaked.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure how serious you are but tl:dr,

the center of several major religions has absolutely been worse than Europe. Everyone from every direction wanted the middle east. Basically, because it's the start of civilization, it's the most blood-soaked.

Weren't the Cursades mostly unsustainable, relosing and needed to regain the territory and almost entirely coming from Chrstian Europe?

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea. And where they go to from Europe? 

*Honest coincidence, but I'm listening to this now.

https://pca.st/episode/de1d971c-8d7a-4c53-8222-63a7ac1ed831

Hey, I'm opening to listening to your point, but I'll be honest I don't get it yet.

I believe it's fair to point out that this level of everyone pointing guns at everyone in that part of the world is actually realitivly new with respect to the age of the religions that dominate that part of the world now.

Last 50-100 years compared to ~1000-2000?

This is why I do believe Europe should be more involved in helping stabilize the Middle East and Africa because they carved those parts of the world up and left them for dead once they couldnt maintain their empires anymore last century.