Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

47 minutes ago, MrJL said:

from the way most people talk if we actually prefer Daniels to Maye we could trade back a few spots

No point, if Daniels is the guy you just take him at #2 as it's way too crowded at the top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lovi said:

If they are retaining their head coach, would they want to start over with a new rookie qb?

The million dollar question. 

One could also argue that Eburflus inherited Fields and now the org wants to give him a reset with a new QB...

There are lots of angles to this damn thing 😂

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

Point taken @Renegade7

One last point from your post I want to address separately…

Your comment about the Wizards ownership change shows you just don’t understand what people are excited about, in a way. Not really. And it would explain a lot about your mood right now.

Maybe it’s because you, as an “eternal optimist” in your own words, never fully allowed yourself to understand and give in to how hopeless things were under Snyder.

The big thing here is that people aren’t excited and hopeful because they think it’s guaranteed or destined that Harris is a great owner (though that would be awesome). Snyder was SO historically, epically, cosmically, karmically, stupefyingly bad that literally nothing could work here. He would mess everything up, his management style and the people he attracted could not be overcome. There was NO hope. Harris is hope personified even if he’s just an average (or even regularly bad) owner because just by not being Snyder, we have a chance to experience what other fanbases take for granted. Any draft pick could be a superstar. Any year we could go on a run. Maybe we build something real and lasting, maybe not. But things can develop and grow and proceed like a normal sports franchise…and if it doesn’t work, there will be normal expected accountability and regime change and something new and different WILL be tried. And maybe that next thing will work. Or maybe it won’t. But it will always be worth having hope that it COULD, because we will be a normal functional organization. Because there won’t be a rotting snake at the head of the organization tarnishing everything. 

For you to comment that just because we have a new owner, it doesn’t mean things will necessarily change—it really betrays a sincere and foundational misunderstanding of why we had no hope under Snyder. Which, again, could actually be because you remained such an eternal optimist under Snyder. You never really let it sink in how pointless being a fan was, during that era. And that’s the fundamental difference NOW that people are celebrating—not some guarantee of success. 

Waxing a bit poetic hey Conn! Great post!

• Haha 1

@Conn

I lost count how many threads folks posted on they wouldn't come back until Snyder was gone.

The idea of leaving too instead of defending us still having scandals of sexual assault in front of Congress or supposedly taking Cheerleaders passports and asking them to mingle with big rollers on an island to my toddler daughters.

They could be winning and I was still ready to go, they too little to ask questions like that, but it was comin and winning would not of kept me here.

Winning can do somethings not having a plan can't when sports is supposed to be a distraction in life. But there are some things not even winning can overcome.

I still em, but the Wizards are the most irrelevant Big 4 team in this city.  Leonsis getting the team from Abe didn't change that.  Upgrading the Commanders to a franchise that isn't toxic anymore finally halted that nose dive into that territory. 

I do feel a kinda way the perception of not trying to salvage anything on this team during this transition year, it's hard enough to develop talent here as it is, new or not, the whole team regressed this year and they jus watched it happen, trying too hard my option to avoid looking like meddling owners. 

I get it, don't believe it was worth it, but that was a business decision that will pay off for Harris.  I don't expect our play development facilities and capabilities become state of the art overnight, sometimes i wonder why they could even start with that without looking up to something.

I won't agree with anything that resembles the process, I jus don't believe it could work in NFL anyway like NBA results, so don't see us trying that to be concerned about it.  His new analytics dude should of been told him that by now.

I'll feel much calmer once I see how front office is structured, I respect the he'll outta what Wizards are doing right now...those games are sometimes over before 1st quarter is over, but if you believe in their plan I can believe in their scorched earth losing this season to fix the cap sitaution for moving Beal  Show me something growing for a change.

1 hour ago, Skins199021 said:

Only way we trade back is if

its with the Cardinals and we just want 1 of the top 3 QBs 

That won’t happen. No incentive for Cards to deal anything when they know we’re taking a QB.

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So are most agreeing with this?

Williams - Ceiling is Patrock Mahomes

Maye - Ceiling is Josh Allen or Justin Herbert?

Daniels - Ceiling is Lamar Jackson

Similar playstyles but idk bout their ceilings 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Being compared to Josh Allen, it will be interesting to see if Maye’s perceived value ticks up if Josh Allen plays well and the Bills go deep into the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah I would probably agree on Williams with Mahomes, though I'd say closer to a "poor man's Mahomes". Not because Williams sucks, but because Mahomes is such a transcendent talent.

Maye I can see Herbert but not Allen. IMO Maye doesn't have all that much in common with Allen.

Daniels has been a far superior passer to Lamar as far as college, but Lamar is the superior runner. Which is fine with me. Lamar is a running QB and I want one who absolutely can run, and do it well, but who will be a pass first guy in the NFL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

so many analysts are mocking us as trading up for the #1. i hope this doesn't happen. i don't want it to happen. we need all our picks this year and next. if they do this...they'd better be damn sure.

Take everything they're saying with a tablespoon of salt. Our decision makers for that department aren't even in the park yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, I've seen a couple people post it here, but I don't see it. 

I see Burrow, or more Herbert. Not Allen. 

I’d lean more Trevor Lawerence myself, but I’ve watched very little of Maye

23 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I can see this with playing styles but I think people wanting Daniels to be Lamar Jackson are gonna be disappointed. 

• Thumb up 1