Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

25 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

My preference would be that we get the 2nd pick, Cardinals get the 3rd pick, Patriots 4th and Giants 5th. 

That way if the Bears want to trade down but still want MHJ, we are their only potential trade partner because AZ would take him at 3. It would also make it a lot harder (if the Bears take a QB) for the Giants to get one of the top 3 guys without trading up. 

I agree, I think this is the ideal scenario 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Providing we can’t get Caleb, the Maye vs Daniels debate over the next few months is gonna be one for the ages

There's going to be other QB's sticking their nose in the conversations

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

There's going to be other QB's sticking their nose in the conversations

I'm betting Penix may rise into the top three conversation if he balls out against Michigan.  And I would be hard pressed to not give him consideration at #2 overall.  If there weren't (legitimate) health questions, he would most likely be in the top tier of QBs coming out this year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Won't make a difference but better be safe than sorry I guess.

We danced a similar dance last year in the same fixture, albeit with less on the line for Dallas and many of our reserves ran rings around them. I won’t be happy until the L is completely in the bag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Can someone help my lazy self by reposting the picture that has the importance stars for games this weekend that we need to fall our way? 

Here it is for Wash v NE

IMG_2973.thumb.jpeg.2d98f7edd4336e5dd7086ed41920e9ee.jpeg.ca1ffd2689a7aab04fa4b60b25e735ac.jpeg

Plus an additional insult from me.

BbKlrjj4nvpbMl0czTC0MX0Alrs.gif.3030455f85b71b6debebd35596060872.gif

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Might not see that lot playing for us ever again…..

The top 4 there, for sure, but I thought Christian Holmes flashed in his opportunity and I'm not sure why you'd hold him out to protect trade value (he has none).

5 hours ago, DJD2 said:

They can still win the division. Why would they be resting guys ??

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/philadelphia-eagles-devonta-smith-nick-sirianni-consider-resting-players-new-york-giants

IDK, just what I'm seeing.  

They likely don't expect Commanders to put up a good fight and are weighing the risk for this game.  For a team that has lost 4 of 5, that reduced hope could be enough to give the Giants more of a chance than the stat sheet comparison would suggest.

edit: seeing the veterans not playing talk above, once inactive lists are made official for the Commanders, that could cause the Eagles to sit more.  It would be interesting to see how they play it.

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

This seems like good news for us. Why would Chicago start over at QB if they are running it back with the same system?

Curious why you think its good for us?  If they don't want a QB Id have to think they would just trade down with someone who wants a QB.  Assuming we end up with the #2 pick we will be selecting the 2nd QB in the draft.  Unless of course we trade up.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Curious why you think its good for us?  If they don't want a QB Id have to think they would just trade down with someone who wants a QB.  Assuming we end up with the #2 pick we will be selecting the 2nd QB in the draft.  Unless of course we trade up.

I get what Illone is saying in that it every-so-slightly might increase the odds of us being able to pick between Williams/Maye IF Chicago does not want to risk trading down and losing out on Harrison.  Definitely reading the tea leaves here but it has a little merit.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I think their phone is already ringing with offers.  However, assuming they keep the pick, I have to assume this news means they will not select a QB which gives us more flexibility.