Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Do we know if we stay at three if we, the Cardinals, and Patriots lose out? Or do we need the Patriots to win one (Bills/Jets)?

If we lose out #3 is our worst case. We need to lose out and the Cards win one for us to get to #2.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He sent letters to 4 or 5 teams asking for equity. 😂 

Dude watched Air on Amazon and thought he’s Jordan with Nike. 

No he didn’t, that was a rumor. It’s against NFL rules and his people would know that, no active player can have a stake in an NFL team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So the .004 difference in SOS won’t flip after SF/Dal versus Bills/Jets? That’s been worked out and confirmed?

No it's not. 

I'm not calculating percentages, but I counted the number of Ws from the 17 opponents on each of their schedules and right now it stands:

Washington 132

Carolina 133

New England 133

Obviously it's very fluid. 

And if we tie with Carolina, obviously  that means less Ws for the teams they play this week and next week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Going into the offseason behind CHI, ARIZ and NE would be a disaster as taking a QB would be at least in play for all 3.

We need that #2 or #3 pick something fierce. It will be the difference between the next administration being desperate for a QB and easily able to be taken advantage of, or being relaxed and able to make more responsible QB and team/FO decisions b/c at the end of the day you know you got a guy in your back pocket and you only have to move away from that if you view an emerging situation as more favorable.

If we pick 4th we are in prime territory to do something stupid/forced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

No he didn’t, that was a rumor. It’s against NFL rules and his people would know that, no active player can have a stake in an NFL team. 

That rule was adopted in July. Partially in response to Messi getting a piece of the MLS team and partly because of knuckleheads like Caleb thinking they can own a piece. 

35 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That rule was adopted in July. Partially in response to Messi getting a piece of the MLS team and partly because of knuckleheads like Caleb thinking they can own a piece. 

Maybe it was specifically worded differently once an athlete in a different sport got a piece of their team, but it has always always been against the rules in the modern era to directly compensate a player outside of the salary cap structure. This isn’t the Patriots thinking they’re slick hiring Brady’s nutrition company for the team lol, this is directly owning part of a franchise you’re talking about. It has always been against the rules. 

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

Maybe it was specifically worded differently once an athlete in a different sport got a piece of their team, but it has always always been against the rules in the modern era to directly compensate a player outside of the salary cap structure. This isn’t the Patriots thinking they’re slick hiring Brady’s nutrition company for the team lol, this is directly owning part of a franchise you’re talking about. It has always been against the rules. 

Salary cap ramifications have always been there in the cap era but a player like Mahommes would not be allowed to buy equity even at market rate from his own pocket. Previously that was allowed. 

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Salary cap ramifications have always been there in the cap era but a player like Mahommes would not be allowed to buy equity even at market rate from his own pocket. Previously that was allowed. 

Perhaps technically, but it never once happened and would have to be approved by NFL ownership just like any other share sale, no matter how minor. And has nothing to do with what we were discussing anyways, which is a player being allowed a stake in their team as part of their compensation package. Which has never been allowed in the salary cap era.

Which is why I posted that Caleb Williams never made that request of NFL teams. 

Did you forget that this conversation started because you stated with confidence “He sent letters to 4 or 5 teams asking for equity”. Which is a bizarrely specific sentence despite being entirely made up, as it was only a vague rumor that was originally “reported” and then reposted by Florio. It was never reported by a reputable journalist, just reposted again and again on garbage sites. And again, always referenced an impossible situation. The NFL owners’ vote on the topic of players buying equity (which again is separate from the always-illegal idea of giving a player equity as part of their contract agreement) predated the fake report about Caleb Williams by many months. 

My entire point is to stop repeating this fake story about Williams asking NFL teams for ownership equity as part of his rookie contract. It didn’t actually happen and was always impossible. It’s dumb clickbait.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't like it, our first in 2025 could be top 5 as well and that could be another real stud building block or a trade piece to acquire more picks.

100% agree.  This team has too many holes to be trading away picks.  If anything, they need to add picks where reasonably possible.

10 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No, we can still fall to 4. That is the worst case if we lose out. 

Problem is we are playing Brissett,  shouldn't matter against the 49r's but Dallas might rest there starters. We could be picking 6/7 if we beat the Cowboys. 

Looking at strength of schedule if we win 1 more game and everyone on 5 wins lose there last 2 games we pick 7.

Edited by markmills67

13 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am pretty convinced the Bears try to end their 40 year search for a franchise QB and select Williams, I don't believe we should be discussing a player the Commanders won't be able to obtain.  I'm also convinced Arizona can not afford to pass on a talent like Harrison and will pull the trigger.  Pats and Commanders take Maye and Daniels, which is which TBD. 

I've been on this train for months.  But if somehow we end up picking 2nd, its still remote but not as far fetched.   I've read two different articles citing that some FO's have Drake Maye as their #1 QB.  Most have Caleb #1.  But we don't know where the Bears fall on that scale. I recall one of the reporters who said this is Bruce Feldman who doesn't typically fly stuff against the wall and seems plugged in.

Also of course we got the whole off season process that can effect things some (especially interviews) if teams have two players ranked very close to each other.

But if we are picking 3rd or later, I agree its very likely a waste of time.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Problem is we are playing Brissett,  shouldn't matter against the 49r's but Dallas might rest there starters. We could be picking 6/7 if we beat the Cowboys. 

Looking at strength of schedule if we win 1 more game and everyone on 5 wins lose there last 2 games we pick 7.

What Brissett and EB do with the offense against San Fran will be a huge factor moving forward. 

Will they be annihilated are could they actually look decent as EB continues to call a better game with Brissett and they look good.

If they get squashed then great, shows its not all on the battered Howell.

If the latter occurs, they will probably beat a resting Dallas up and win easy.  This will also not look good for Howell and will show the new staff and the rest of the NFL that EB may be better than what they saw this year with Howell making him a hotter HC candidate. Also raises Brissetts value for the teams desperate for a vet QB

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

What Brissett and EB do with the offense against San Fran will be a huge factor moving forward. 

Will they be annihilated are could they actually look decent as EB continues to call a better game with Brissett and they look good.

If they get squashed then great, shows its not all on the battered Howell.

If the latter occurs, they will probably beat a resting Dallas up and win easy.  This will also not look good for Howell and will show the new staff and the rest of the NFL that EB may be better than what they saw this year with Howell making him a hotter HC candidate. Also raises Brissetts value for the teams desperate for a vet QB

We have to root for Detroit against Dallas not only for the SOS argument, but also for giving an incentive for Dallas to win against us.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

We have to root for Detroit against Dallas not only for the SOS argument, but also for giving an incentive for Dallas to win against us.

That would be huge! I am hoping EB can look decent enough to draw a team to have enough interest to look to offer a trade for his services! Man would that be nice!

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

That would be huge! I am hoping EB can look decent enough to draw a team to have enough interest to look to offer a trade for his services! Man would that be nice!

Yeah.  Would Dallas want to enter the post-season (assuming they lose to Detroit) on a 4 game losing streak (if they lose to us by resting everyone)?

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah.  Would Dallas want to enter the post-season (assuming they lose to Detroit) on a 4 game losing streak (if they lose to us by resting everyone)?

They would not however, would a win change their status? Like, would they be able to gain home field advantage the following week with a win. If not, they will be resting players for the playoffs regardless of win or lose against Washington. 

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am boring, I am good with all three QBs.  And I'd be at this point surprised if they don't go 1,2,3 in some order

Caleb seems close to a lock at #1.  Daniels or Maye i think is a toss up at #2.

I feel the opposite. Every year a number of QBs have the draft values artificially inflated by the hype that even teams can get swept up in too. Are these 3 QBs really all top 5 talents? One of them a Zach Wilson? Two of them?

I'd rather end up with Fashanu or Alt and have a day 1 starter. 

We can debate if they could move back a few spots and still get one of those guys. But give me the OL......unless Harrison falls. Then I don't know. Is he a generational talent at WR? 

Edited by @DCGoldPants