Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

RG3 was clearly a hit until his knee got destroyed. 

3 hours ago, ntotoro said:

And he wanted to be Tom Brady instead of... well... himself.

3 hours ago, method man said:

Eh I think his ego and insistence that he get treated as a traditional QB was going to destroy him anyway

I think with his legs he was going to be wrecked and I think concern over more injuries is why he decided he wanted to be a regular QB

10 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Yeah, I did get a good laugh at your Sam Howell 2.0 comp :) I see it too BUT Bo's ceiling is way higher for me.

I could see that, he is definitely well seasoned, he has played a lot of football and seeing he's played both the sec and pac 12 he has seen a lot of different defensive looks. He is probably better than Sam right now, but I think they're ceilings are about the same. I do like bo nix leadership, I think you might be turning me unto bo. I'm still a jayden or drake guy first though

Edited by mac8887

Just now, mac8887 said:

I could see that, he is definitely well seasoned, he has played a lot of football and seeing he's played both the sec and pac 12 he has seen a lot of different defensive looks. He is probably better than Sam right now, but I think they're ceilings are about the same.

I am looking forward to seeing where Bo goes. If he can get land in a place with a great QB coach, I think he can iron out some of the bad habits but these bad habits are indeed very bad for a QB and his footwork needs a lot of work - from what I am gathering not just my take.

22 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It would be one thing if this was based on a coach who's prospects never work out or a system that doesn't translate to pro success or something. 

But basically you're saying that Williams is wearing the same color uniform that Matt Leinart wore, therefore he will be bad. It's nothing more than superstition at this point. 

Matt Leinart, Sam Darnold, AND Mark Sanchez--just to name the recent busts. We don't even have to mention Vince Young and Todd Marinovich. :D

I was being at least somewhat facetious, as I hope you can tell.

I have no idea whether Caleb will be any good or not. What little I've seen in the press does seem to indicate some classic USC ego, though.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I am looking forward to seeing where Bo goes. If he can get land in a place with a great QB coach, I think he can iron out some of the bad habits but these bad habits are indeed very bad for a QB and his footwork needs a lot of work - from what I am gathering not just my take.

I wonder if being shorter hurts the footwork or at least makes it harder to overcome happy feet.

Edited by mac8887

53 minutes ago, profusion said:

Matt Leinart, Sam Darnold, AND Mark Sanchez--just to name the recent busts. We don't even have to mention Vince Young and Todd Marinovich. :D

I have no idea whether Caleb will be any good or not. What little I've seen in the press does seem to indicate some classic USC ego, though.

USC high draft picks tend to bust at a very high level. Not just the Qb. The USC thing is a reason to be scared.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, last night our opponents went 1-2 where the Pats went 0-1. Since we played Seattle and Philly twice, while NE played Philly once. The net effect on SOS would be virtually identical (not exactly, but close enough that it might not show up as anything else). 

The Dallas/Buffalo game was obviously 2-1 for them, 1-2 for us. But there were other games going on at the same time, so if you didn't think the difference in percentages changed, it is likely due to everything that was going on at the time. 

Tankathon early on seemed to be using SOS up to that moment, which seemed crazy to me. People want to know what will happen if there is a tie, not what it would be if a comet hit the Earth and the season ended at that moment. But if they were, they adjusted that a while ago. Beyond that, it's possible they are wrong, but I don't see any evidence of it. I can't find up to date SOS anywhere else. 

Here’s what I’ve been using. I actually think it’s accurate now that I’ve played with it a bit more, as far as properly projecting the SOS based on future results:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-playoff-predictor

if you scroll below the matchups you can see “draft order” and it changes as you make changes to various matchups.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

As a recreational bettor there is one bet that is an auto play for me.

It's the only "trend" I follow as I am more of a situational bettor.

However, in the NFL i automatically play on a team coming off a shutout loss.  My friends and I call it the "shutout rule" and it's a very high percentage angle.

Jets were shutout last week and are only laying 3 points at home so I have to bet the Jets this week which of course helps us if they win, but what's more important is the other 3 teams ahead of us.

There is little chance Carolina wins 2 more games, but Arizona and New England could definitely help us out.

AZ could win 1-2 more games and Pats will definitely beat the Jets to end the year which would tie them with us for wins.  Not sure how the tie breakers would work at that point, but I definitely think #3 pick is in play for Washington with an outside chance of #2.

Just gotta hope Rivera doesnt **** it up and win a game lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole “dont pick a QB because of his college” argument is a terrible one. How many colleges are QB factories? Mahomes went to Texas Tech. Allen Wyoming. Everyone said dont take Ohio State guys but Stroud is lighting it up. If a guy is good and you believe in him then take him.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

15 hours ago, profusion said:

Going back to the turn of the century, they've produced exactly 1 staring-quality NFL QB...the rest of the list is a graveyard of busts and JAGs.  The one starting QB they produced was admittedly good, but also a diva who forced his way off the team that drafted him, played his way off the next, and only won a single playoff game over his entire 15-year career. 

Understanding that the laundry is what binds these guys, I still don't trust a USC QB...especially in the 1st...especially when he's already a diva before taking a single NFL snap.

2003 1 1 1 Carson Palmer Cincinnati Bengals QB
2005 7 16 230 Matt Cassel New England Patriots QB
2006 1 10 10 Matt Leinart Arizona Cardinals QB
2008 5 2 137 John David Booty Minnesota Vikings QB
2009 1 5 5 Mark Sanchez New York Jets QB
2013 4 1 98 Matt Barkley Philadelphia Eagles QB
2016 3 30 93 Cody Kessler Cleveland Browns QB
2018 1 3 3 Sam Darnold New York Jets QB
Edited by formerly4skins