Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Vikes have Jefferson and still drafted Addison.

Get weapons. If Harrison jr is available you snap him up and let him Mclaurin and Dotson terrorize secondaries for the next 5 years.

Yea, with the 23rd pick in the draft, not the 3rd...🧐

Btw...boyhowdy if the Bears decide to trade down one of those first rounders...that may hurt our ability to find someone to do the same and absolutely load that team with draft capital to put around Fields.  If I'm Chicago I make damn sure this is the GM and Coach I want hand and hand making decisions on who to use those picks on, I remember when the Rams robbed us in the RG3 trade and got nothing but Great Value Ice Cream from walmart out of it.  Womp womp...

I think there is a good argument that taking a tackle with the first pick and locking that position down potentially for a, decade as the bust rate on tackles high is pretty low, is the way to go.  But we are not getting Orlando Pace and I'm not convinced tackle is a great value in the top 5-7 when you can get comparable talent in a tackle rich draft 10 picks later. This team needs impact players, was Chris Samuels an impact player? Because that's what we are looking at.  So my preference is a slight trade down but not too far to lose out on the top players regardless of position  

I feel strongly that you fill needs with free agents and go BPA in the draft in every round.  Surely they can find a good tackle with so many high picks, and with so much cap space imagine what a solid LG and ILB, positions that are less expensive in free agency, would do for this team? 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, zCommander said:

Nope. We are still at #5. 

image.png.b34d294a17cdc606765b6daf1e585ed8.png

This is kind of scary, way to many 4 win teams for my liking. Don't screw this up Ron by accidently winning one (though obviously the other teams are going to win some also). The Giants for example own us, they will lose just to spite us and complete the season trifecta over us, beat us both on the field and off the field.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

This is kind of scary, way to many 4 win teams for my liking. Don't screw this up Ron by accidently winning one (though obviously the other teams are going to win some also). The Giants for example own us, they will lose just to spite us and complete the season trifecta over us, beat us both on the field and off the field.

Tampa doesn't scare me because their schedule is so soft including 2 games against Carolina.

Giants scare me some, they are awful.  They got the Packers, Saints, Eagles, Rams, Eagles left

As far as catching NE, they got: Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Denver, Bills, Jets

The Jets have the Falcons, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Commanders

The Bears have the Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Falcons, Packers.

I think we have a good shot at 4 if we lose out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/26/2023 at 8:06 PM, zCommander said:

Oh. Sorry to hear that. Yeah, getting old sucks. I have to keep up with some of the new slangs my kids use these days. Good thing there is google lol

No complaints here about getting old. Saw the “little general” and Sonny play.  Charley Taylor and Larry Brown. I got to see Lombardi come to DC. The George Allen years were great with his over the hill gang and his winning percentage. Of course the super bowls were the best. Just would like a competitive team after 20 years of stink, think we deserve it. Cheers and happy holidays.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Btw...boyhowdy if the Bears decide to trade down one of those first rounders...that may hurt our ability to find someone to do the same and absolutely load that team with draft capital to put around Fields.  If I'm Chicago I make damn sure this is the GM and Coach I want hand and hand making decisions on who to use those picks on, I remember when the Rams robbed us in the RG3 trade and got nothing but Great Value Ice Cream from walmart out of it.  Womp womp...

If the Bears end up with the first pick in the draft, i think I am more likely to be their starting QB than Justin Fields.  I heard a Bears reporter say not long ago that his sources with the team have told him they will definitely take a QB if they end up with the first pick in the draft and that their run with Justin is over.  After watching last night's game I especially get it, Justin at times looks painful to watch let alone be the answer.

I am sure just like the Cardinals did with Rosen before they took Murray, the Bears publicly will act like Justin's the dude and will only trade him if they are blown away by an offer.  They'd be dumb not to do that -- get as much as you can for him so hype his value.  But I'd be stunned if they eschewed QB if they had the first pick in the draft. 

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Would be awesome if we could move up to 3. Thats the real sweet spot. Would guarantee one of the QBs or Harrison jr. 

3 feels llike a long shot. 

It would be the Pats or Arizona heating up.

For Arizona they got the Steelers, 49ers, Bears, Eagles, Seahawks left

I think we got a good shot at 4.   If Daniels keep burning it up, it wouldn't shock me if he is taken 3 and NE or Arizona whomerver has that pick takes him, especially if its NE at 3.

I think its 50-50 Harrison is there at 4 for that reason.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tampa doesn't scare me because their schedule is so soft including 2 games against Carolina.

Giants scare me some, they are awful.  They got the Packers, Saints, Eagles, Rams, Eagles left

As far as catching NE, they got: Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Denver, Bills, Jets

The Jets have the Falcons, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Commanders

The Bears have the Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Falcons, Packers.

I think we have a good shot at 4 if we lose out.

Even during the worst of seasons I have never actually wanted this team to lose (tank). This year is just.... different. Granted during the game Im cheering them on to win but at the end of the day I want this season to end and have the best chance of building this roster as possible. Howell playing lights out and losing 43 to 42 is perfect for me. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise its tough, I get the Bears moving on, but they've done a terrible job up to this point putting anything of note around Fields.  I wish they would give him one more chance and if doesn't work go QB next year, they're call (like they know what they do in anyway)

When I was listening to a Bears insider talk about it, the vibe I got is zero chance the Bears are passing over Caleb for Fields.  they supposedly love Caleb.  And even without Caleb in the picture some in that building are done with Fields.  

Caleb is one of the more hyped Qb prospects we've had in the last two decades.  The Bears have been in QB purgatory-hell for a long time.  I don't see there being any chance even if I didn't hear that from the Bears insider that they'd pass on Caleb.

I liked Fields before the draft.  But if it were me based on what i've seen from Fields, it wouldn't be a tough call at all.  You can't just assume that next year they'd be in the position to take the best QB in the draft.  It's a unique opportunity now. 

I think no chance they let it pass them by.   But publicly they won't show that hand publicly and will praise Fields nonstop. I think for all the teams picking high in particular you want to come off like you can do anything.   And the Bears would want something for Fields in a trade.

• Like 4

Our luck, Fields ends up traded to the Giants and gets his **** together with an OC that actually knows what they doing developing him. 😒

I've seen enough to justify moving on if I had the #1 pick, also seen enough that if I badly needed a QB id reach out about a trade for him as long as it doesn't cost too much.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Our luck, Fields ends up traded to the Giants and gets his **** together with an OC that actually knows what they doing developing him. 😒

I've seen enough to justify moving on if I had the #1 pick, also seen enough that if I badly needed a QB id reach out about a trade for him as long as it doesn't cost too much.

It’s possible.  It’s also possible he’s not good and won’t get his act together.  

Unless they clean house in Atlanta, that would be an obvious landing spot for him.  They only run the ball down there and he’s probably a better fit for that offense than Ridder.  

And the Hallock experiment is over.  

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

My point is you can never have enough weapons and the best teams accumulate talent on offense.

The Bengals had Higgins and Boyd and still took Chase top 5.

The Cowboys had Cooper and Gallup and still took Lamb.

We're the only team that wants to settle for mediocrity on offense. Lets try to be explosive and dynamic.

We talk about our history with the Hogs and all that, but we also had the best WR trio ever in the Posse. I wanna recreate THAT because THAT is what wins in today's NFL.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

My gut has always been that Chicago takes Caleb at #1 and trades Fields to Atlanta. That seems like a no-brainer.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My point is you can never have enough weapons and the best teams accumulate talent on offense.

The Bengals had Higgins and Boyd and still took Chase top 5.

The Cowboys had Cooper and Gallup and still took Lamb.

We're the only team that wants to settle for mediocrity on offense. Lets try to be explosive and dynamic.

We talk about our history with the Hogs and all that, but we also had the best WR trio ever in the Posse. I wanna recreate THAT because THAT is what wins in today's NFL.

I agree...its gotten old.

At this point I do believe most on here are where you are on need for elite talent at WR to either go with what we have or replace McClaurin.

I just believe there's more then one way to do that.  I'm not comfortable with locking ourselves into solving that problem via the draft, in all honesty I'm getting to a point that I want an established veteran in our #1 WR role, so if that means signing one or trading for one versus having to develop one, so be it.

Outside of Howell, I've not been comfortable with our player development recently.  A couple players I've seen hit walls or go backwards, this is a recurring problem from one administration to the next.

Yeah, I feel burned pretty bad right now when it comes to developing 1st round pick WRs here, admittedly.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I agree...its gotten old.

At this point I do believe most on here are where you are on need for elite talent at WR to either go with what we have or replace McClaurin.

I just believe there's more then one way to do that.  I'm not comfortable with locking ourselves into solving that problem via the draft, in all honesty I'm getting to a point that I want an established veteran in our #1 WR role, so if that means signing one or trading for one versus having to develop one, so be it.

Outside of Howell, I've not been comfortable with our player development recently.  A couple players I've seen hit walls or go backwards, this is a recurring problem from one administration to the next.

Yeah, I feel burned pretty bad right now when it comes to developing 1st round pick WRs here, admittedly.

Tee Higgins perhaps? But then we'd be paying 2 WRs premier WR money. We should still try to add some pieces through the draft to balance that out a bit. Although maybe Higgins contract runs 1-2 years past McLaurin, given McLaurin came in as a 24 year old rookie. 

We'll see. I kind of agree on stacking up playmakers. But in the end it's going to be really hard to predict what we do in the draft because we still have Free Agency and approx. $90m to spend there, minimum. 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think there is a good argument that taking a tackle with the first pick and locking that position down potentially for a, decade as the bust rate on tackles high is pretty low, is the way to go.  But we are not getting Orlando Pace and I'm not convinced tackle is a great value in the top 5-7 when you can get comparable talent in a tackle rich draft 10 picks later. This team needs impact players, was Chris Samuels an impact player? Because that's what we are looking at.  So my preference is a slight trade down but not too far to lose out on the top players regardless of position  

I feel strongly that you fill needs with free agents and go BPA in the draft in every round.  Surely they can find a good tackle with so many high picks, and with so much cap space imagine what a solid LG and ILB, positions that are less expensive in free agency, would do for this team? 

Fashanu is getting graded by all the scouts as an elite pass blocker. I've seen him graded as a 100 out of 100 in pass blocking. His run blocking isn't elite yet but its right there. I was listening to the segment on what makes a good OL on the SumerSports podcasts with an analyst and a former GM and the former GM was saying that he'd take the elite pass blocker 10 times out of 10 because of the way the league is going towards the passing game.You need to be able to protect the QB. And he's young so he's still developing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Fashanu is getting graded by all the scouts as an elite pass blocker. I've seen him graded as a 100 out of 100 in pass blocking. His run blocking isn't elite yet but its right there. I was listening to the segment on what makes a good OL on the SumerSports podcasts with an analyst and a former GM and the former GM was saying that he'd take the elite pass blocker 10 times out of 10 because of the way the league is going towards the passing game.You need to be able to protect the QB. And he's young so he's still developing. 

Yep agreed. I like Fashanu a lot too. I like Alt as well as long as we keep him at RT(heard he projects better there). Fanagu is also good, but his more advanced age makes him a lesser target to me(but if we were to trade down he'd be a good pick). Fashanu and Alt are both only 20 years old right now which is just amazing.

In terms of asset maximization though I think it'd be better if we went OL to take Fashanu to man LT and then draft a RT later since there seems to be more depth at that spot. Could probably grab one with the Bears 2nd, or possibly trade some combo of 2nd/3rds to move up to get one at the end of the 1st.

28 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Tee Higgins perhaps? But then we'd be paying 2 WRs premier WR money. We should still try to add some pieces through the draft to balance that out a bit. Although maybe Higgins contract runs 1-2 years past McLaurin, given McLaurin came in as a 24 year old rookie. 

We'll see. I kind of agree on stacking up playmakers. But in the end it's going to be really hard to predict what we do in the draft because we still have Free Agency and approx. $90m to spend there, minimum. 

Ughee...

If we gonna agree for the need for elite talent at WR and a strong WR core, can't be afraid of the price of doing business.

Having said that, man, this is why I kinda don't want to deal with this right now versus racing into it because it has to be done.  Odds of Evans hitting free agency are slim, but who is rather give that money.  The list of names in 2025 is just, wow, we sure none of them will be available or potential to trade for?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/wide-receiver//

And I badly hope TE isn't lost in all this, on one had teams have figured out the need to stack their WR core, but defense are catching on to this.  They are not there yet with keeping up with these elite TEs, you got one of those they typically gonna eat every game. Patriots figured this out a long time ago.

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep agreed. I like Fashanu a lot too. I like Alt as well as long as we keep him at RT(heard he projects better there). Fanagu is also good, but his more advanced age makes him a lesser target to me(but if we were to trade down he'd be a good pick). Fashanu and Alt are both only 20 years old right now which is just amazing.

In terms of asset maximization though I think it'd be better if we went OL to take Fashanu to man LT and then draft a RT later since there seems to be more depth at that spot. Could probably grab one with the Bears 2nd, or possibly trade some combo of 2nd/3rds to move up to get one at the end of the 1st.

I'd take either at #7 Fashanu or Alt, whoever is there.  We could then take another OT Amarius Mims with our 1st 3rd.  

Looks like whomever I tweeting this was mislead, but I thought a Bear's loss last night meant that Washington moves up to pick #4? 

Just now, Bantu said:

Looks like whomever I saw tweeting this was mislead, but I thought a Bear's loss last night meant that Washington moves up to pick #4? 

3 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Looks like whomever I tweeting this was mislead, but I thought a Bear's loss last night meant that Washington moves up to pick #4? 

First tie breaker for draft position is SOS. Bears have an easier schedule than us, right now. They have a MUCH easier schedule remaining so we might slide up, unless we manage to win another game or two.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Top EDGEs in the 2024 NFL Draft: Ranking Dallas Turner, Laiatu Latu, Jared Verse, and Others

I'm intrigued by Turner would he be worth the pick or another bama bust ?

I like Latu's consistency.

Maybe its the after effects of being burned by Young but I really don't wanna draft another Edge guy high. I think there are some good ones we can go after in FA or we just skip defense for a year and go all in fixing the offense the first year under hopefully an offensive minded coach.

• Like 1