Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt Rivera fires Del Rio but I could see him taking on a more "hands on" approach i.e. maybe taking over playcalling duties or something along those lines. The usual desperate coach wanting to shake up his unit play.

Ron has no idea what he’s doing. He’s not taking a hands on approach to ****. We are totally screwed here and this season is a wash.  That’s fine with me so long as the entire coaching staff is gone next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s already balling.

388 yards, 74% completions and 2 TDs no picks.  

2 real sacks, 3 in garbage time when he shouldn’t have been in the game.  

Yeah, he’s balling,  but he’s getting hit too much.  At least with those three, he wouldn’t be sacked as much!

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I am 100% certain it's Ron. If the coaching staff dissolves, EB's only setback is that he has to be an OC for another team before he can pumped up for the head coach market again. I'm sure one of the 32 teams in the NFL will give him that chance. For Ron, this is his last rodeo. Once he's bucked, he's out for good.

Like most of Snyder’s coaches and all of Ron’s assistants by the way. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Yeah lol it’s easy to tell that Sam had some doubters here. But to me he’s been the oasis in the desert. He’s been far from perfect. But Keim likes to say he reminds him of Kirk as to work ethic and accuracy. I think Howell had flashed much more than early Kirk.  I am feeling good about him 

I think his ceiling is hogher than Kirk’s.  For 2 reasons :

1. He will extend the play and look for things off schedule. Kirk doesn’t do this, st least not often.

2. he has more, wait for it, moxie.  He’s a real gamer, won’t take the check-down on 4th and 8.  

I like him more than I liked Kirk. And I’m not a Kirk hater.  (Though I live it when he screws up badly, just to watch z Sheehan cover it up and blame somebody else)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think his ceiling is hogher than Kirk’s.  For 2 reasons :

1. He will extend the play and look for things off schedule. Kirk doesn’t do this, st least not often.

2. he has more, wait for it, moxie.  He’s a real gamer, won’t take the check-down on 4th and 8.  

I like him more than I liked Kirk. And I’m not a Kirk hater.  (Though I live it when he screws up badly, just to watch z Sheehan cover it up and blame somebody else)

totally agree. He’s the real deal for sure. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Sweet. I can’t wait until our “vaunted” dline consisting of first round studs…. Show up to play.  

This narrative is tiring. The defense is average. The Dline is infuriatingly average, despite their draft position. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, shakinaiken said:

Sweet. I can’t wait until our “vaunted” dline consisting of first round studs…. Show up to play.  

This narrative is tiring. The defense is average. The Dline is infuriatingly average, despite their draft position. 

I’m sorry… the defense is what now? 

2 minutes ago, ultravin said:

Yeah, he’s balling,  but he’s getting hit too much.  At least with those three, he wouldn’t be sacked as much!

Trent wanted out and there was no way Dan was giving him a new deal.

They offered z Scherff the richest guard contract in the NFL in multiple off seasons.  

I can’t blame anybody for not keeping those two around. 

Moses was the crime.  They just let him go for really no reason.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:53 AM, ixcuincle said:

I don't understand your point. Other than Wentz they have done a great job drafting / buliding a team.

"RIVERA CAN'T BUILD A TEAM"

Son who do you think scouted out Heinicke and gave him a chance to compete these last few years.

the cool thing is man that this almost reads like cutting sarcasm in retrospect, even though it was deadly serious

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I thought Howell had a good game.

I'm not gonna go ga-ga over the numbers since the vast majority came from being in a game where the score was 27-3, but Howell still made a bunch of good choices and good throws. Much more good than bad. He clearly was not one of the major issues tonight.

Its not fair to him to make him have to be superman every week. Dude was fighting for every inch and taking a ton of damage in a playcalling scheme that basically demanded it for any hope of success.

• Thumb up 1

Hypothetically speaking who’d make a move for one of the expiring edges…Buffalo?

Holmes comes from the LA all chips in regime, so maybe Detroit to put opposite Hutch? A lot of the contenders are already pretty set at Edge. 

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I thought Howell had a good game.

I'm not gonna go ga-ga over the numbers since the vast majority came from being in a game where the score was 27-3, but Howell still made a bunch of good choices and good throws. Much more good than bad. He clearly was not one of the major issues tonight.

Its not fair to him to make him have to be superman every week. Dude was fighting for every inch and taking a ton of damage in a playcalling scheme that basically demanded it for any hope of success.

defense and OL is killing this team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1