Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

You absolutely contradicted not going for two with your reasoning to not go for two.  Like perfectly argued against it. 

I would have gone for 2. Not sure what the odds are on a 2 point play but I’d expect they are better than 50%. Going to overtime you are at 50% to win at best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

You absolutely contradicted not going for two with your reasoning to not go for two.  Like perfectly argued against it. 

We had momentum

hard to keep that in ot. What are the percent of games won by the team forcing ot? My guess is the team giving up ot win more often 

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

I am a fan of his offense - and he will get better at play calling with experience 

way too much passing in short yardage situations. the offense is in shotgun all the time. we are not a physical offense at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, CobraCommander said:

You go for 2 because you have the ball on the 2 yard line. If you don’t trust your offense to get you two yards then What’s the point? What have you been training for? 

If we had an effective tush-push play that guarantee two yards.. I would 100% agree with you.

• Like 3

Just now, Alexa said:

way too much passing in short yardage situations. the offense is in shotgun all the time. we are not a physical offense at all. 

Have you watch any other football games in the past few years? And I mean ANY other games? High school, college, or pro.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

bad calls on both sides. some very bad PI calls that helped put scores on the board for us. people always whining about calls when they had some bad ones and so did we. it evened out today. 

I agree. They generally even out by the end of the game. And they did today as well. Our opening TD drive was helped with a questionable call imo. 

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard him say yet.  Like the worst by far.

The defense was gassed and demoralized.  The offense was running on adrenaline.

What a stupid decision and stupid reasoning for said stupid decision.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

In no universe does that call get overturned. None. If they'd called it complete, that would've stood, too. It sucks, but that was not a "we got screwed" call. At least not by the refs. Maybe by god, but not the refs. 

If you can see his foot hit the turf and there is a sliver of green showing between his foot and the sideline white then it should’ve been overturned. That’s what slo mo and zoom and HD is good for.

• Like 2