Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senator Dianne Feinstein has passed away

Cooked Crack

21 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Man, do Senate Republicans want to set that precedent with Chuck Grassley being older than Feinstein and Mitch McConnell having serous health issues lately (and both of their terms not being up until 2028)?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

So I have a question.  If setting up these committees requires a 60% vote for members at the beginning of each term, why would the minority side ever agree on members for the Judiiciary.  They can't set up the committee then whomever is president can't appoint judges.  Why ever play nice?  Tell the GOP if they block her replacement, they'll never have an operating committee when the GOP is in power.

Let's assume she didn't resign because the GOP didn't want to raise a finger to replace her. I mean it does seem she wanted to stay, but who knows.  Whispers were and it was clear in hearings her staffers were giving her a lot of help.  

The GOP forced her to work through shingles and whatever else because of politics.  So she dies in place. 

20 minutes ago, China said:

So I have a question.  If setting up these committees requires a 60% vote for members at the beginning of each term, why would the minority side ever agree on members for the Judiiciary.  They can't set up the committee then whomever is president can't appoint judges.  Why ever play nice?  Tell the GOP if they block her replacement, they'll never have an operating committee when the GOP is in power.

Dems don't have the balls to do something like that.

6 hours ago, tshile said:

She needed to leave office and a while ago. Her selfishness in that sense is a shame. 

Otherwise, she will go down as one of the better politicians with a great legacy 

is there anything more symbolic of the current state of things than metaphorically dying at her desk? 

RIP.  I know she was in a bad state for quite some time.  

I am having dinner with Adam Schiff next month in Geneva, I am interested to see how this affects the California senate campaign.  Will whoever Newsome chooses to fill the seat have a chance to run for reelection?  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/29/2023 at 12:06 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm available. 

It's California. Can't they find some celebrity who's willing to be a placeholder for a year?  Somebody who's not running for the next one, but he's willing to be a Temp? 

Jon Stewart?

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Can he take Menendez's seat?

I do believe his residence is in NJ.  (He used to talk about it alot on TDS.) 

And I also believe you have to reside in the state you represent, which was my point.  <and why carpetbagger Liz moved to Wyoming, trying to take power in yet another state.  Don't let her fool you, she's still an R thru & thru.>

• Thumb up 2