Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

2 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Not Moses lol. That guy's signature move was drive killing false starts.

And yet he’d easily be our best lineman right now. He was flawed but good. He’s having his best season right now despite getting flagged on a false start today lol 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I don’t think we are losing because of play calling either. Inability to deal with a good defensive pressure scheme is the problem - and that’s not just on the O’line. 

But help your young QB out. You’ve had some successful runs, keep running it. I don’t care if they have an 8 man box - run until they prove they can stop you. 

if you are going to pass use hard play action and get Howell out of the pocket on a roll. We just can’t protect him in the pocket. 

Your second paragraph is my issue with the playcalling. They aren’t helping him out while also knowing our OL personnel is bottom 3 in the NFL.

Thats what I mean by balance. It doesn’t ALWAYS mean 1:1 ratio. It means situational play calling that provides the offense balance.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

What gets me is RR KNEW the line was garbage last season. That speaks volume to his focus.

as ive said for the 57th time this season, RR told us repeatedly in the summer that this group was good, improving and they liked what they had in-house. 

it pisses me off more and more the more i watch this team.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

We are going to have to be patient with Sam H. Hes going to have a season to develop before we actually know what we have. We've gone down the win now road for the last few seasons with established veterans and got nowhere. 

However we cannot be patient with this O Line. It is nowhere near acceptable,  never mind good. Somehow there has to be an upgrade. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think so. I think the turnovers are different in that scenario but our OL is legit a bottom 3 unit.

It would look a lot different if the ball was out in time.

It just simply isn’t.  And I don’t hate that because 4 starts, developing QB who I think will be very good.  

But the ball isn’t out in the timing of the play. 

But Brady in this same situation, this team wins 13 games.  

Granted.  Brady is the GOAT.

Just using it as an example.  If the QB play was faster, the OL issues look a lot different.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Your second paragraph is my issue with the playcalling. They aren’t helping him out while also knowing our OL personnel is bottom 3 in the NFL.

Thats what I mean by balance. It doesn’t ALWAYS mean 1:1 ratio. It means situational play calling that provides the offense balance.

No argument on the balance part. In that situation on that drive we had shown an ability to get some explosive run plays. In a game we are overwhelmed in pass pro when your QB is struggling.

Run it again until they stop you. Then try to run again just to check that stop wasn’t a fluke.

Help your QB.

• Like 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

It just simply isn’t.  And I don’t hate that because 4 starts, developing QB who I think will be very good.  

Just using it as an example.  If the QB play was faster, the OL issues look a lot different.

This is the most self-defeating post I've seen in a minute.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We have a personnel issue. We are over invested in the D and under invested in the O. I’m modern football you need a lot of investment in the O and the final pieces of a well devised D. We have four first round DL and the Bills DL is performing much better. They don’t have four first rounders. 

Imagine if we used more resources on OL vs. 4 DL, 1 LB (who was raw and not an ILB) and 1 corner. 

Exactly or even our 2nd round picks that aren’t contributing at all

Just now, bh32 said:

Ron should be fired after this game for a crap team that he assembled ..I didn't expect them to win,but he had four years to build a team that would be right up there with the contenders and he failed..

Yep.  Four years later and we still are NOT markedly better than we were in Ron's first year.  The case for Ron and his FO to be back is nonexistent.  

1 minute ago, Welsh Redskin said:

We are going to have to be patient with Sam H. Hes going to have a season to develop before we actually know what we have. We've gone down the win now road for the last few seasons with established veterans and got nowhere. 

However we cannot be patient with this O Line. It is nowhere near acceptable,  never mind good. Somehow there has to be an upgrade. 

The problem is, a bad OL likely ruins Sam’s career.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Brady would have been broken behind this line

• Thumb up 1