Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

Guys, relax. This a journey for Howell. Not predicting his HOF status but I can see the potential if the line was halfway decent. He has very little time, obviously. Some bad decisions, but overall I feel confident. Remember, as they just said; AZ had NINE sacks last year in that game and the line has barely changed.

Edited by Dalaryius

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As I’ve told you many times… there is optimistic, pessimistic and realistic. You were optimistic. Something to be admired. But you were far from realistic.

But we haven’t lost yet and it’s a long season.

Agree. I think in the poll I picked us for 5 wins. Seems realistic to me. Optimistic was 8-9 in my book. Howell has arm talent. But there are TONS of arm talented QB's that have failed in this league. Too early to make a definite decision on him obviously. But I'm not passing on someone like Caleb Williams over him either if we are in a position to draft him. Elite is elite. And I have seen nothing from him that tells me his elite. And We may still win this game. So just making small talk. And I am hammered. Have to take that into account as well. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yup. Not building the line for a young QB is poor roster building.

And here’s the kicker… if we stink and get a top QB prospect (many may go back to school) we still don’t have an OL to protect them. Should have been a red alert priority this year. 

What's sad is that I think Howell was/is a decent prospect....but nothing can develop with blocking this bad.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yup. Not building the line for a young QB is poor roster building.

And here’s the kicker… if we stink and get a top QB prospect (many may go back to school) we still don’t have an OL to protect them. Should have been a red alert priority this year. 

Eh, if that’s the case I expect the next regime to spend serious FA money on the OL for their incoming high draft pick QB. We’ll see how the season plays out 

With a new GM, coaching staff, and FA OL I don’t expect any QB to go back to school to avoid us. You know, if we’re hypothetically drafting that high 

Just now, Dalaryius said:

Guys, relax. This a journey for Howell. Not predicting his HOF status but I can see the potential if the line was halfway decent. He has very little time, obviously. Some bad decisions, but overall I feel confident. Remember, as they just said. AZ had NINE sacks last year in that game and the line has barely changed.

I think most folks are more frustrated with Rivera, OL and EB… in order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Dalaryius said:

Guys, relax. This a journey for Howell. Not predicting his HOF status but I can see the potential if the line was halfway decent. He has very little time, obviously. Some bad decisions, but overall I feel confident. Remember, as they just said. AZ had NINE sacks last year in that game and the line has barely changed.

I’m not mad at Howell. I’m mad at River and HIS front office for fielding this offensively offensive line.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We arent a great running team. Our 10 points came when we threw it downfield.

That being the case, a team with an awful OL needs at least the threat of variety in its playcalling. It won't hold up with an all-pass or all-run approach. 

Just now, Conn said:

Eh, if that’s the case I expect the next regime to spend serious FA money on the OL for their incoming high draft pick QB. We’ll see how the season plays out 

With a new GM, coaching staff, and FA OL I don’t expect any QB to go back to school to avoid us. You know, if we’re hypothetically drafting that high 

We’re still the Commanders and there has to be players to spend money on.