Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Arizona Week One Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

That gives us serious options at PR now w/ Gibby, Pringle and Crowder.

Now that Dax is on IR I'd lean more on the idea that Crowder was brought in as his replacement more than a hedge to Terry, so he is likely the front-runner for Sun.

I look forward to missing the collective groan in the game thread when we see Dax coming out to inevitably lawn dart another punt. It was becoming a hard established tradition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes stingers are the result of an injury to the brachial plexus, the nerve center that controls the arm.  I fear that's what happened to Young. Nothing to mess around with. I had a benign nerve tumor removed from my brachial plexus many years ago, and I never regained full, unfettered use of that arm. It's often numb and tingly, and I never regained full strength.  I'm fine with most activities after lots of rehab, but I can't handwrite or run a handheld power tool without pain and cramping. Kyshoen Jarret's injury affected his brachial plexus, and many of us know that very sad story. Clearly Young's case, if it is damage to the brachial plexus, is nowhere near as serious...but who knows. I understand the caution.

• Like 1

I predict Logan Thomas gets the first manders TD of the year on a shuttle pass

I haven't seen a discussion on if EB plans to feature the TE like Reid does with Kelce. If even at half Kelce volume Logan at full health would be in the running for comeback player blah blah.  I am loading DFS lineups with Howell since he is dirt cheap.  Arizona was the worst vs TEs last year and probably somehow made themselves worse. Stack attack.  ES could use a gambling thread discussion... sure everyone would always be taking the over but still with gambling legal its a nice place to do more than just discuss O/Us, you can also drill down into matchups e.g. slot corner vs slot WR.  I like Howell Rush yards 22+.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Smith-Willams is also questionable with an oblique injury. 

Who starts if he can't go? Toohill? 

Are we expected to run a lot of 5-1 fronts this year? If so I wonder if injuries impact that idea... squash that idea.

Edited by RandyHolt

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I look forward to missing the collective groan in the game thread when we see Dax coming out to inevitably lawn dart another punt. It was becoming a hard established tradition.

Oh I have a feeling the groaning will continue with Crowder. He's an average returner and probably not much better than Dax at this point in his career. Hope I'm wrong tho. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

If he’s cleared for contact why would it be week 3? That was more than a stinger he got. 

When we were playing will he/won't he with Chase last year, I actually became concerned about his future.  Put it badly but I was convinced that was either ready or he'd never be. I think his surgery/rehab went bad (where he is now very physically fragile), he was psychologically scared (has Chase ever suffered a severe injury like that before?) where minor pain that his old self would play through worry him into thinking it might be a career ender (he is still basically a kid) or maybe both.

Remember, Smith's injury prematurely ended his career (he played with Smith and his injury was roughly on the same part of the field).  Arrington, our previous #2 overall pick, had a nickname of Wolverine because he always seemed to play his best when playing in pain and playing through pain was probably part of what cut his career short.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

That gives us serious options at PR now w/ Gibby, Pringle and Crowder.

Now that Dax is on IR I'd lean more on the idea that Crowder was brought in as his replacement more than a hedge to Terry, so he is likely the front-runner for Sun.

However, analytics indicates that a guy who doesn't make the big mistakes in the punt return game (muffs and fumbles) is better than a guy who can make some big returns but fumbles all the time.  Crowder fumbles 1 out of 10 or so opportunities while Dax has never fumbled and rarely even makes a return error. On top of that, with the exception of 2016, Crowder really has just only been just slightly better than Dax on the actual returns. At the GAMEDAY 4/5 spot, Dax has been solid though not spectacular and GAMEDAY 4 looks to be Brown's now if he avoids injury.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

However, analytics indicates that a guy who doesn't make the big mistakes in the punt return game (muffs and fumbles) is better than a guy who can make some big returns but fumbles all the time.  Crowder fumbles 1 out of 10 or so opportunities while Dax has never fumbled and rarely even makes a return error. On top of that, with the exception of 2016, Crowder really has just only been just slightly better than Dax on the actual returns. At the GAMEDAY 4/5 spot, Dax has been solid though not spectacular and GAMEDAY 4 looks to be Brown's now if he avoids injury.

Get those sweet analytics from Rivera?

I was pounding the table all offseason for the team to bring in a bonafide, no question option at PR. They cheap'd out and went with an UDFA who epically face-planted in preseason.

Now they gotta go panic mode and use Crowder cuz Dax is hurt.

If they had handled the situation properly we would not be having a discussion about Dax v Crowder. We'd have an actual clear as day upgrade.

Dax is a great punt catcher. Nobody can take that from him. He is a poor returner tho. I want a guy who can do both, not either or.

and the contributing at WR argument is a joke. Dax has done nothing there in his career. Dude has never even caught double digit passes in a season. It just seems like a lot when you compare him to the production of some of our project TEs.

Sam throws 3 tds…2 to Dotson and 1 to Scary Terry.  Sam also runs for a td.  We kick a fg to total 31.

Arizona doesn’t see the end zone but manages a couple of fgs to total 6.

no shutout, but we shine on defense forcing 3 turnovers.  The offense capitalizes on the opportunities and we begin to dream of what may be.  
…and that’s the bottom line…

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Getting on record here that Logan is going emerge a top TE target in fantasy next week. Love all our other TEs but they just cant seem to get their **** together enough be a threat to his hands duties when healthy.  I just wonder if Logan is going to be in plastic wrap otherwise raring to go.  All the talk was Jahan was going to be the man when TMC was injured - not a single person in fantasy singled out Logan for discussion despite EB coming from the elite ft. TE Tree in KC.

Edited by RandyHolt