Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Arizona Week One Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

Az will find some success running at us. Their QB mess, Our D-backs and rush make the passing game too risky for them. And I expect them to have something to show for it. A few long drives and more TOP than most would expect will lead to a lower scoring game than some are predicting. Howell will look good in a few series, throw for a couple of scores, but also throw a pick as he might gamble on a few he wouldn't throw in a closer game.I expect a comfortable feeling during most of the game but not a blowout either.

SkinDers 27

Cards 13

11 hours ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Could be the beer talking

Could be the fact I became a father today

Or

Could be Washington blows out the cards. 32-0

Ps. The second thing actually happened today lol

Congratulations! If you would like to borrow two older teenage boys for a few weeks to see what your future holds I will personally drop them off.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Or

That’s awesome man, congrats!!

Well everyone seems to be picking us to win. So that's new. 

"Why Gennaro is taking the Commanders: Arizona opens the season with a 2,300-mile road trip to FedExField. Don't think anybody will be taking the bus. But what can we expect from a stripped-down Cardinals roster in Jonathan Gannon's head-coaching debut? Well, the Commanders' calling card these days is a ferocious defensive line. In related news, Arizona's O-line projects as something between turnstile and TURN-OFF-THE-GAME. Washington kicks off the post-Daniel Snyder era with a rollicking beatdown in front of its rejuvenated fan base."

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-1-nfl-picks-2023-nfl-season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

Well everyone seems to be picking us to win. So that's new. 

"Why Gennaro is taking the Commanders: Arizona opens the season with a 2,300-mile road trip to FedExField. Don't think anybody will be taking the bus. But what can we expect from a stripped-down Cardinals roster in Jonathan Gannon's head-coaching debut? Well, the Commanders' calling card these days is a ferocious defensive line. In related news, Arizona's O-line projects as something between turnstile and TURN-OFF-THE-GAME. Washington kicks off the post-Daniel Snyder era with a rollicking beatdown in front of its rejuvenated fan base."

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-1-nfl-picks-2023-nfl-season

I call it the Harris effect.  🙂  

On 9/6/2023 at 10:39 PM, bowhunter said:

Az will find some success running at us. Their QB mess, Our D-backs and rush make the passing game too risky for them. And I expect them to have something to show for it. A few long drives and more TOP than most would expect will lead to a lower scoring game than some are predicting. Howell will look good in a few series, throw for a couple of scores, but also throw a pick as he might gamble on a few he wouldn't throw in a closer game.I expect a comfortable feeling during most of the game but not a blowout either.

SkinDers 27

Cards 13

Conner is a shell of his former self, and expecting to run against our D line is I'll advised.

Thanks guys for the well wishes by the way! My son came a little earlier than expected but he is doing okay..baby steps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Conner is a shell of his former self, and expecting to run against our D line is I'll advised.

Thanks guys for the well wishes by the way! My son came a little earlier than expected but he is doing okay..baby steps!

We weren’t that great at stopping the run last year.  We’ve done virtually nothing to improve our LB corp, so I don’t think we’ll be doing to well on that front this year either.  The only thing the Cardinals will do decent on Sunday is run the ball.  That might be the only way they can score any points, aside from our offense turning the ball over and the Cardinals converting that into points

On 9/6/2023 at 11:04 PM, Tress Is The Way said:

Or

Mazel tov my guy. Just remember, if we're winning, then you can't change the diaper. If we're not, then change the goddamn diaper!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1