Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Ravens - The Commanders Strike Back!!!

zCommander

I think Jon Allen should be our goal line back.  I have no idea whether he can or would do it, but holy soft-serve emoticon, I sure would not want to be standing between him and the endzone.  I don't think I've ever seen a guy whose scowl-to-intensity ratio was off-the-charts.  Lots of guys scowl.  Some intense guys scowl.  But Jon Allen's scowl is the personification of his intensity.  (If there's an intensity genotype, the scowl is his intensity genotype phenotype.)  I can't wait for that man's Hall of Fame speech.*

*I still have the 3 tickets I bought for the game/ceremony when Monk** (favorite Redskin) and Green got enshrined.  I was going to take my parents but my cousin in L.A. decided to get married that day.  Seriously???  He knew we were Redskins fans.  The bride must've been in charge.

**When Monk was drafted, I was excited to have a 6'3 WR who could run in the 4.4s.  (My prior favorite player was Roy Jefferson.)  My mom just thought he was handsome.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Exactly, some of the overreations in here are straight laughable...

?? the Ravens O is also all backups. The D is on a level playing field so it doesn’t really matter that our starters aren’t playing. Am I misunderstanding what you’re saying? 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Howell looks very good. The running game so so 

Your thoughts on Robinson? I think he is a goal line back at best in all honesty. RB is definitely a weak spot on our team. Unless Gonzalez ends up being a steal. He definitely has way more twitch than Robinson though. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Howell looks very good. The running game so so 

I think after film study and in the regular season we’ll see Howell hold on to a few more of those and run it himself. He’s wide open. And once he does it should help take a defender away which will help the run game some. But so far I agree. Which is weird and somewhat scary cuz all we’ve heard from reports and podcasts is this line should be better run blocking. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Your thoughts on Robinson? I think he is a goal line back at best in all honesty. RB is definitely a weak spot on our team. Unless Gonzalez ends up being a steal. He definitely has way more twitch than Robinson though. 

I think you are way off here

• Like 1