Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders @ The Browns - B&G Football is Back - A New Hope!!!

zCommander

38 minutes ago, HIYA_Beach_Warpath said:

If you’ve been drinking every time Chick mispronounces a name

200.webp

or every time Sam said "umm" in his interview with LP.  Man needs some toastmasters.  lol

keep balling and I'll just embrace the shots as I normally do.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig in his roster predictions today had Fromm make the roster. I’d go with 2 QBs

I try to only listen to him when no one else has new content. Listening in to him and, I think bram, the other day just speculate for like 50 minutes about Ron’s comments and literally just making up a story of intent behind it made me want to puke. 

Thank God for Hoffman and Logan. When Standing said Fromm has been the most consistent and thinks he’s close to a roster lock…just blew my mind. I could do that guy’s job tomorrow smh 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Not to get all namey about this, but have the commentators always referred to the team as the "burgundy and gold" this much this season? I noticed a lot today.

I had to watch the browns broadcast but I would almost speculate if it was that often that may have been the one recommendation made to chick Mitch and paulsen by the new ownership. They seem very aware how much everyone hates commanders. Would rather be the Washington wombats. 

1 hour ago, moondog said:

I try to only listen to him when no one else has new content. Listening in to him and, I think bram, the other day just speculate for like 50 minutes about Ron’s comments and literally just making up a story of intent behind it made me want to puke. 

Thank God for Hoffman and Logan. When Standing said Fromm has been the most consistent and thinks he’s close to a roster lock…just blew my mind. I could do that guy’s job tomorrow smh 

I think it was Sheehan. I used to look forward to Standig but not anymore

1 hour ago, RabidFan said:

or every time Sam said "umm" in his interview with LP.  Man needs some toastmasters.  lol

keep balling and I'll just embrace the shots as I normally do.

Kinda random, but read a very interesting take on filler words like “umm” the other day, from one of the smartest guys (who happens to be a fantasy football writer) I follow:

Thought it was worth sharing. Kinda fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

How did Howell look? I was driving home from Connecticut last night. His stats look pretty good 

I thought he looked good, nice pocket awareness and movement.. can definately extend plays and finds open recievers.. Cole Turner is going to help him a lot... Great ball to Dotson for the TD.. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

No idea what to make of the Browns defense, but for me (I also missed the game... Work) it us encouraging that from the clips I saw, Howell went thru his progressions and found his receivers for the most part.

Lot of guys here couldn't even do that in the preseason. And Dotson is just a beast

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

I thought he looked good, nice pocket awareness and movement.. can definately extend plays and finds open recievers.. Cole Turner is going to help him a lot... Great ball to Dotson for the TD.. 

Agreed, I thought he looked good too.  I thought the play design and calling was pretty good too, and I thought our receivers looked very good.  You can tell Sam is getting better at reading coverages.  Still had a couple of moments where he forced it, but the decision making us getting there.  The arm and the ball placement are good though, and he did a pretty good job of reading his pressures too.  He's getting there.

Jacoby Brissett looked really good too.  He's a very high quality back up, and he just looks confident and sees the field well.  He's in the prime of his career right now, probably good enough to start for some teams.  He'll be able to come in and save the season if Howell goes down.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Game started out pretty iffy, the offense needs some work, but I think they can score points. Defense might have to carry some extra weight for a bit. I had a surprising amount of fun watching this game.

Not to mention that was an awfully vanilla offensive system that was installed. I think we'll be a great deal more dangerous when we actually see what EB's scheme looks like against the cardinals and going forward. That said, the OL needs a come-to-Jesus moment. They all look so lost, even in this preseason offensive system. Quite disconcerting to say the least.

I did also want to mention I was very impressed with Chris Rodriguez Jr. We actually have a scary group of rbs that, if running behind a competent OL, could surprise the NFL. 

• Like 3