Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders @ The Browns - B&G Football is Back - A New Hope!!!

zCommander

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Not a big fan of our TE situation...

at all.

That was on Fromm not Rogers - Fromm just didn’t see the backside defender, thought he had man and led Rogers right into that backside DB.

Edit - just saw the wide angle replay, it was the post safety who drove on the crossing route - but Fromms eyes led the safety right to the ball, he stared that route down. 

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

What did he say?  My sound is horrible.  Way too many flags, imo.

Said the ref was wrong and that was not a PI. What was he doing holding him with his stomach since his hands were no where on the WR but did a great job defending the ball and knocking it out. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, PolarExpress said:

What did he say?  My sound is horrible.  Way too many flags, imo.

The name escapes me, but our D broke up a pass and the refs called PI. BMitch said it wasn't almost immediately, noted where his hands were on the replay and said " How did he hold him, with his stomach?". More too it, but my memory can't go back that far right now.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Trying my best to not think about the 2nd round pick we used on him, knowing our Safety position was already stacked and that we needed O/L help with the 2nd pick. Need him to be a BEAST to justify that pick. Especially with how ****ty our O/L is.

I'm not happy about Chase.

Wanna  fight?   

We could be 3 years into a good QB.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Something to keep in mind for the beginning of the game: that wIt was the first "live bullets" the offense has had in a new offense with 4 guys in new positions on the OL and a new QB. And it was probably EB's first time calling plays in a "live" setting in a while and first time in the NFL.  

There are certainly going to be some struggles early on offense.  

It sounded (I haven't watched) the OL was horrendous early but got a bit better as the game went on.  

It also sounds like both Howell and Brissett played well. 

From what I can tell from reading through the thread, while the OL seems to still be an issue, and it might be all season, who knows. there are some things to be excited about.

I will say, the Young injury and the fact he apparently didn't look great before his stinger is massively disappointing.  I really hope we don't have a #2 overall bust on our hands.  Sigh.  

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Look at our awesome owner checking out his players.....even if these guys most likely won't make the team.   What a CLASS ACT!!!   You NEVER saw Dan do this,  EVER.  

he was shaking hands and talking with fans in the stand and taking pictures too. appreciated that. snyder was highly susceptible to cooties.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Something to keep in mind for the beginning of the game: that wIt was the first "live bullets" the offense has had in a new offense with 4 guys in new positions on the OL and a new QB. And it was probably EB's first time calling plays in a "live" setting in a while and first time in the NFL.  

There are certainly going to be some struggles early on offense.  

It sounded (I haven't watched) the OL was horrendous early but got a bit better as the game went on.  

It also sounds like both Howell and Brissett played well. 

From what I can tell from reading through the thread, while the OL seems to still be an issue, and it might be all season, who knows. there are some things to be excited about.

I will say, the Young injury and the fact he apparently didn't look great before his stinger is massively disappointing.  I really hope we don't have a #2 overall bust on our hands.  Sigh.  

I thought Young showed good burst and power when he was in. He had a couple of pressures and had their LT on skates a couple of times.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig in his roster predictions today had Fromm make the roster. I’d go with 2 QBs

Standig is playing the odds Ron likes to keep 3 QBs.  

I'd also go with 2 QBs.  

And I might be tempted to find any QB who was in any camp with any coach off the Reid tree to sign to the practice squad and just get rid of Fromm.  And no, I'm not going to make stupid joke about the guys name.  Just cut him and let him start selling insurance in Georgia.  

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I thought Young showed good burst and power when he was in. He had a couple of pressures and had their LT on skates a couple of times.

Well, that's good.  I saw a tweet or something where he was basically standing still and easily blocked...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1