Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders @ The Browns - B&G Football is Back - A New Hope!!!

zCommander

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

I'm not happy about Chase.

Wanna  fight?   

We could be 3 years into a good QB.  

Naw man, Chase is totally different. He was touted as a "generational talent" at the position. My hindsight aint 20/20.......NOBODY was talkin bout taking Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Hebert with the #2 overall pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, that's good.  I saw a tweet or something where he was basically standing still and easily blocked...

I saw a tweet by Grant Paulsen, maybe? that said just the opposite...I wish I had liked it so I can find it lol...

EDIT: it may have been about one play and not his overall play...I found this tweet (not by Paulsen but I am thinking he was commenting on this play):

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

Just now, Veretta83 said:

The refs hate us

I'm going to write a post about refs at some point.  I just got certified to ref swimming.  It's entirely different than reffing an NFL game If you're officiating a swim meet, you're looking at 3 swimmers for half the pool. You don't have to move, you know exactly where they are going to be, and there aren't that many rules.  However, you can only see one at a time, and it's damn hard to tell what the hell is going on.  It's super easy to miss an infraction, even if it's massively obvious to everybody else.  

I can't imagine what an NFL ref has to do. They have 22 players all running around, all doing different things. possibly running into you, you've got to move to, the rule book is massive....

I doubt any thought goes into anything except trying to get the call right, and I'm sure they get 75% of the calls wrong or miss them, because everything is so fast and chaotic.  

My little junior swim ref experience has given me MASSIVE more respect for all officials in all sports.  It's tough. 

• Like 3

Alright, lets say goodbye to Cleveland by spying on their forum one more time:

Guy1: Why are the Commanders still playing a top 5 NFL qb this late in a preseason game?

Guy2: Top 5? Are you kidding?

A family member who doesn't really follow the Browns bought me an "I Love Cade York" tshirt for Christmas this year. It... still has tags on it.

It’s nice to see Schwartz on the sideline actually talking and emoting - instead of Stefanski staring into space with a force field around him

Guy1:Are the brown pants darker this year? Am I crazy?

Guy2:Maybe they're just wet?

Guy3:Mine get darker every time York kicks the ball 

• Haha 2