Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders @ The Browns - B&G Football is Back - A New Hope!!!

zCommander

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Might be time to finally go watch the Johnny Football documentary tonight instead if we aren't getting a game.... 

I watched the Joe Theismann A Football Life last night.  Highly recommended.  If the Dolphins hadn't originally proposed that he must return 100% of his signing bonus for any reason he was not on the team (with war in Vietnam still happening), man what an effect it would've had on our franchise.  

• Like 1

I should have known something would be up with the game when I read this description of it on reddit lol:

"Football fans will get a new look at a pair of 2023-24 playoff teams when the Washington Commanders visit the Cleveland Browns in the first week of the preseason.

The Browns won 13 games last season and won the NFC North. That didn’t stop Minnesota from going one-and-done in the playoffs, however. The Kirk Cousins-led team lost at home to the Washington Commanders in the Wild Card round of last year’s NFL playoffs. A first-round playoff exit last season is something Minnesota has in common with its next opponent. After trading franchise quarterback Russell Wilson ahead of the 2023-24 season, expectations were low for the Commanders. But Geno Smith stepped up and threw for a career-high 30 touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl on his way to leading Seattle to nine wins. Seattle’s season ended with a Wild Card-round loss to the San Francisco 49ers."

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I'm gonna go watch Heinicke and relentlessly troll Falcons fans by proclaiming his greatness as a franchise savior, just to redistribute some angst that some posters on here have instilled in me.

I'm in ATL and they were hyping him hard on the radio today. 

I had to laugh.  I'm going to the game here, but I won't taunt him.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I should have known something would be up with the game when I read this description of it on reddit lol:

"Football fans will get a new look at a pair of 2023-24 playoff teams when the Washington Commanders visit the Cleveland Browns in the first week of the preseason.

The Browns won 13 games last season and won the NFC North. That didn’t stop Minnesota from going one-and-done in the playoffs, however. The Kirk Cousins-led team lost at home to the Washington Commanders in the Wild Card round of last year’s NFL playoffs. A first-round playoff exit last season is something Minnesota has in common with its next opponent. After trading franchise quarterback Russell Wilson ahead of the 2023-24 season, expectations were low for the Commanders. But Geno Smith stepped up and threw for a career-high 30 touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl on his way to leading Seattle to nine wins. Seattle’s season ended with a Wild Card-round loss to the San Francisco 49ers."

Pittman4Two is on Reddit now?

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

They hired Pittman4two

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1