Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Has Rogers ever actually played a down for the team? Asking for a friend...

Yeah not really. I was hoping to see him a lot after last pre-season but it never materialized. 6 targets and 5 catches all season. 

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Has Rogers ever actually played a down for the team? Asking for a friend...

He has.  But he has 5 catches in his pro-college career combined.  Last year, he struggled with injuries.  He will be 26 this year.  27 next season when he finally I gather starts.  So he's not that young anymore.

I argued the point some on the draft thread who argued against taking a TE if it wasn't early in the draft because as one said at the time would they really be better than Rogers?  My thought then and now is yeah I do think even if they even waited to the 5th on took Whyle or Mallory I'd bet they they could exceed Rogers or at least match him.   It's a spot where guys get hurt.  It was one of the best and deepest drafts at TE in memory.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I thought you guys would be more concerned about Armani Rodgers, we're kinda screwed at TE now. I was really looking forward to Rodgers this year, he had the best chance on our team to breakout as a stellar TE.

So… I would be concerned. But if we were hanging out hat on having Armani Rodgers to not be screwed we were kinda screwed anyways.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Sucks about Rogers as on those end around play he was pretty athletic.  Turner has to come on strong and hopefully EB will utilize his strengths and all players strengths unlike Turner did.   

Maybe there will also be a June 1 cut of a TE from another team we could grab on the cheap.  Still a lot of time but hate seeing injuries so early on.  Snakebit until the snake moves to London for good.

okay so the contract thing is going to be a problem sooner rather than later, then 

Keep in mind that Rivera cannot speak negatively about missing voluntary OTA’s, or we’ll be punished again. So he has to talk around it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

okay so the contract thing is going to be a problem sooner rather than later, then 

Keep in mind that Rivera cannot speak negatively about missing voluntary OTA’s, or we’ll be punished again. So he has to talk around it.

"When he has to be here" - Coach speak for he's not here now and I'm not ****ing happy about it, but when he has to be here we'll see if he actually can play or not. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

Interesting. Did he get fined for a breach regarding the NFLPA?

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Did he give any context to this, to what he was adapting? Thanks for posting!

In the context he said it in, I think he meant adapting to the expectations they placed on Payne when he went and earned his new contract. Which is kind of a subtle dig because didn’t Payne come to voluntary OTA’s and kick off the offseason correctly? 

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Interesting. Did he get fined for a breach regarding the NFLPA?

Not for that exact violation, it was for excessive contact at practice. But he's well aware of the consequences if he expresses that players need to be here for voluntary OTA's

Edited by Conn

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Did he give any context to this, to what he was adapting? Thanks for posting!

I believe it was how to use a smart phone, because he sure as **** didn't get the memo when his option wasn't picked up.