Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former congressman George Santos arrest watch. Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against New York Rep. George Santos. (Charged with money laundering, wire fraud, unemployment fraud, lying to the House)

Cooked Crack

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

But they will and they won't bat an eye at it.

And it won't change a single mind. You cannot shame the shameless.

Punish him.

And thereby, punish them. 

The way I see it, no matter what, literally no matter WHAT they do, the final base will never stop defending it, even if they literally took out the constitution and **** on it live on CSPAN.
But keep doing what is right, and what will be forced isn't some come-to-Jesus moment of revelation, more a "come out and fight" declaration.

This is the eventuality anyway.

~Bang

I want this to look as bad for the GOP as possible, just because they don't feel bad doing it, doesn't mean everyone else likes it. In fact, I hope he run and MSNBC creates a "Santos Search" graphic that they keep up at all times. I want drinking games, prop bets, coffee mugs, bumper stickers, all about Santos! While we're laughing and having fun at their expense, I want the GOP squirming and doing backflips trying to come up with excuses for this man that we all know are bull****. Even if he does run, he won't make it far or for long, lets have an exciting exit for Georgie, eh?

Edited by Simmsy
  • Thumb up 2

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I want this to look as bad for the GOP as possible, just because they don't feel bad doing it, doesn't mean everyone else likes it. In fact, I hope he run and MSNBC creates a "Santos Search" graphic that they keep up at all times. I want drinking games, prop bets, coffee mugs, bumper stickers, all about Santos! While we're laughing and having fun at their expense, I want the GOP squirming and doing backflips trying to come up with excuses for this man that we all know are bull****. Even if he does run, he won't make it far or for long, lets have an exciting exit for Georgie, eh?

Future video of Santos getting arrested:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

So his argument is basically "This must be a witch hunt because I got indicted so fast vs someone else"

It's almost as if...I dunno...you were so incredibly brazen and stupid about your crimes that it was extremely easy to build a rock solid case against you or something.

• Thumb up 2

George Santos defiant after arrest: 'I'll be a chairman of a committee in a couple of years'

Rep. George Santos (R-NY) predicted he would be chairman of a committee "in a couple of years" after being indicted on 13 counts, including wire fraud, money laundering, and theft of public funds.

After pleading not guilty to the charges in New York on Wednesday, Santos told reporters that he was being targeted by a "witch hunt." But the lawmaker said that he tried to have a positive attitude.

"I do my best to be a positive person," he said. "Life is already as bad as it gets out there. So I'm fine."

"How can you defend yourself in so many of the situations that have happened?" one reporter asked.

"Well, look, the way I look at it, I'll be a chairman of a committee in a couple of years if you just look at the standards of Congress," Santos quipped.

Click on the link for the full article

Interesting, seeing as the average amount of time for wire fraud is about 2 years in prison, but can be anywhere up to 20 years.  I don't see him chairing a committee or even being in Congress in a couple of years.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Do prison gangs have committees?

From some docs I've watched, they're a lot more organized than we law-abiding citizens on the outside are. 

Need some dude who was a menace to a girl you knew in your hometown whacked?  No problem.

Need to enact a couple of small rules to (maybe) keep a school from getting shot up?  No can do. 

• Like 1

So, he posted bail. Is he going to be allowed to go into congress and vote on laws that affect this country until something further happens? 

i think that’s a pretty scary thing. Not with just his situation, but in a broader sense that Congress members lying about their backgrounds can affect the laws of this country.

He shouldn’t be allowed to vote on the debt ceiling for example. I’ve said from the beginning that I think he’s a plant out to see what can be gotten away with. 

it’s worrisome that people like him even have a chance to dictate laws over our lives. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

So, he posted bail. Is he going to be allowed to go into congress and vote on laws that affect this country until something further happens? 

i think that’s a pretty scary thing. Not with just his situation, but in a broader sense that Congress members lying about their backgrounds can affect the laws of this country.

He shouldn’t be allowed to vote on the debt ceiling for example. I’ve said from the beginning that I think he’s a plant out to see what can be gotten away with. 

it’s worrisome that people like him even have a chance to dictate laws over our lives. 

No doubt to me that he is going down the long road. I’m just hoping McCarthy’s continued backing of him gets him on the same bus with Santos. This is WAY beyond mere mistakes, and McCarthy knows it, but he needs Santos’ votes on the debt ceiling, and to help McCarthy stay speaker.

Poetic justice if McCarthy crashes and burns because of this pig.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Larry said:

Over/under on how long till the 'net finds pictures of Santos, in drag, as a witch.  

19 hours ago, Bang said:

Burn the witch!

That's how we did it in the good ol' days, after all

~Bang

For such a religious party, they sure like witches and looking for them

• Like 1

George Santos Cracks ‘Joke’ About ‘Room Full of Jews’ in Newly Released Audio

Hours after Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was indicted on charges of money laundering, misleading donors and falsely claiming unemployment benefits, MSNBC’s Ari Melber aired an audio clip of the congressman telling an apparent joke about a “room full of Jews.” Santos notoriously fabricated his own Jewish heritage while on the campaign trail then walked back his comments, saying instead that he only meant that he was “Jew-ish.” In the audio, Santos can be heard: “If you sit in a room with a lot of Jews, you’re ****ed. It’s funny when the -isms start coming out, right? ‘Oh, he’s such a mensch, he’s such a mensch.’ Then they go onto the next thing,” Santos can be heard saying in the clip, first obtained by the journalist Blake Zeff. In January, an ex-roommate of Santos told CNN that the current congressman used a Jewish-sounding name for online fundraisers because he believed that “the Jews will give more if you’re a Jew.” After Santos’ fabrications of his background were first reported, he responded by insisting to the New York Post that he meant he was “Jew-ish.”

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2