Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

For those who don't think it matters, the Philly newspaper has a whole article about how Jalen's quiet and stoic demeanor is hurting the team and for the team to get back on track they need more from him:

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Whats hurting Philly is that Hurts is hurt and their idiot coaches keep having him run the Tush Push, killing his body even more.

I agree. It's not something anyone has talked about that I've heard but Hurts is clearly hurt and everytime they ask him to run I think it wears him down more. 

38 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

For those who don't think it matters, the Philly newspaper has a whole article about how Jalen's quiet and stoic demeanor is hurting the team and for the team to get back on track they need more from him:

That's a cop out. Was his quiet demeanor an issue last year or for the most part of this year? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

It will depend how he develops as a passer but right now his strength is his mobility/athleticism. QBs reliant on that to that extent fade pretty hard.

We'll see, but I think he's a better passer than you give him credit for.

ESPN polled a half-dozen scouts and executives on Monday, and none could see a scenario different than Williams going No. 1. "I'd be shocked if he wasn't," said one veteran scout. Another added: "He's the best player at the most important position."

Williams finishes his career, including his freshman year at Oklahoma when the won the starting job from Spencer Rattler, with a total of 93 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and 10,082 yards in three seasons. He went 23-10 in his career as a starter and appeared in 37 total games, per ESPN Stats & Info.

Williams also accounted for 21 rushing touchdowns in his two seasons at USC. Perhaps no statistic sums up his pure talent and potential more than him executing 10 career games of five or more touchdowns responsible for. Per ESPN Stats & Info, only Patrick Mahomes had more in the College Football Playoff era.

Williams and former North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye entered the season as the projected No. 1 and No. 2 pick in the draft. Both of their teams had uneven seasons, but neither quarterback did anything to change that status.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39314933/source-usc-caleb-williams-potential-top-pick-enters-nfl-draft

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I cannot believe you seriously thought he might not declare lol 

Go back. Read the last few pages.

Where did I say I thought he wasn't going to declare? We were having discussions IF... But I think I said in every one of them I thought for sure he was going to declare :rolleyes: 

Edited by KDawg

40 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I've seen it all.  First time I've seen a player knocked for being mature, stoic, and resilient.  Philly doesn't deserve him. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We'll see, but I think he's a better passer than you give him credit for.

Not only that but for all the knocks on his age or the way he plays Daniels has NEVER had a significant injury. He went out after a headshot during the Alabama game because he had to and then played the next week. He has played against a ton NFL-level defensive players (Will Anderson, Dallas Turner, etc) and never been injured or missed significant time - not at LSU nor at Arizona State.

2 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

Who in the Hell is Mel Kiper Anyway?

🤪

I remember watching this live.  It was one of the first drafts I ever watched, I was a junior in High School.  

This might be the single most important exchange in the history of the NFL draft.  It basically put the draft on the map.  I've said it before, Kiper should be in the Hall of Fame.  What he almost single handedly did for the NFL is crazy.

Also, ironically, his ire was because he didn't believe Jim Harbaugh was as good as Trent Dilfer.  I'm not sure how well that take has aged....

If you haven't seen this cut-up from NFL Films, it's pure gold.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Not only that but for all the knocks on his age or the way he plays Daniels has NEVER had a significant injury. He went out after a headshot during the Alabama game because he had to and then played the next week.

He will if he takes hits like this in the NFL:

image.gif.ec72542201af247f8a765fba39f3cf98.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Forgot about this Caleb Williams interview where he said he wanted to go to the Miami Dolphins and be coached by someone young. That is definitely not what he'll be getting with Eberflus in Chicago

https://people.com/sports/heisman-winner-caleb-williams-2024-nfl-draft-miami-dolphins/

I hope these quotes are out of context because they don't make him look good.

"I also like the colors," the Washington, D.C. native adds. "The colors are pretty cool and the weather's good."

"I like to be around younger coaches," Williams says. "I'd probably go to the Dolphins. I also would be able to play with Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Mike Gesicki. The defense isn't bad. That's probably my number one spot."

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Go back. Read the last few pages.

Where did I say I thought he wasn't going to declare? We were having discussions IF... But I think I said in every one of them I thought for sure he was going to declare :rolleyes: 

You know, I think we're all getting tired of this routine of yours, not being accountable for things we've decided you think. Just because you "never said" something is hardly relevant. 

It's growing tiresome. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I remember watching this live.  It was one of the first drafts I ever watched, I was a junior in High School.  

This might be the single most important exchange in the history of the NFL draft.  It basically put the draft on the map.  I've said it before, Kiper should be in the Hall of Fame.  What he almost single handedly did for the NFL is crazy.

Also, ironically, his ire was because he didn't believe Jim Harbaugh was as good as Trent Dilfer.  I'm not sure how well that take has aged....

If you haven't seen this cut-up from NFL Films, it's pure gold.  

Wow, back when the draft was held in a Marriott conference room.  I remember being excited about Schuler.  Who knew he’d make more of a name for himself in politics?  

• Like 1