Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

What a terrible draft pick. This should not be shocking. There were plenty of heated arguments about his ability to tackle pro wide outs. After he was selected I predicted that he wouldn't last past his rookie contract. I am now predicting that he will not be in the NFL next season. It's more than just his size that's concerning. He looks lost and slow.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

I want to know the evaluation process that led to us picking a 160 pound corner who can’t play football in the first round. Did we even interview the kid? If so, did we bother to ask simple questions like, “are you going to suck?” Or “Sacks ‘n’ Stuff is way too small to play in the NFL but he’s 50 pounds heavier than your frail little boney ass and at age 43, still out-benches you by a lot so we know you won’t be able to tackle worth a  **** but could you at least ****ing cover somebody?”

Heads need to roll for this.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I want to know the evaluation process that led to us picking a 160 pound corner who can’t play at all in the first round. Did we interview the kid? If so, did we bother to ask simple questions like, “are you going to suck?” Or “we know you won’t be able to tackle but do you think you could at least ****ing cover somebody?” Heads need to roll for this.

Forbes had a good camp and he was a stud in the best conference in the SEC.  I think if he plays in the right system, Forbes will eventually be a solid player.  Maybe his lack of size limits his ceiling, but I think he can be good.

He is just not playing well right now.   Lack of fundamentals and maybe a bit of a lack of confidence right.   

I am definitely not giving up on him, but yeah, he has been beyond terrible in the Denver, Philly, and Chicago games.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Forbes had a good camp and he was a stud in the best conference in the SEC.  I think if he plays in the right system, Forbes will eventually be a solid player.  Maybe his lack of size limits his ceiling, but I think he can be good.

He is just not playing well right now.   Lack of fundamentals and maybe a bit of a lack of confidence right.   

I am definitely not giving up on him, but yeah, he has been beyond terrible in the Denver, Philly, and Chicago games.  

I recall some who watched the scrimmages against the Ravens said he was hit and miss that day.  Really nice play against Beckham but also smoked a number of times 

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I recall some who watched the scrimmages against the Ravens said he was hit and miss that day.  Really nice play against Beckham but also smoked a number of times 

He got lit up by Flowers another Raven rookie WR too.

• Thanks 1

Maybe he will be a total bust but they  sure threw him to the wolves early.  Maybe allowing him to acclimate to the NFL for a few games instead of having him shadow some of the top receivers in the league would have been a better strategy.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mojo said:

Maybe he will be a total bust but they  sure threw him to the wolves early.  Maybe allowing him to acclimate to the NFL for a few games instead of having him shadow some of the top receivers in the league would have been a better strategy.

Most playmakers are good then get even better. At best Forbes will become Jamin Davis. He will never be a great corner. 

• Thumb down 1

I’d love for guys like @MrJL that regularly thumbs down negative/criticizing posts to provide some actual color.

Like tell us why you believe in this player.  Tell us what you’ve seen that leads you to believe there is anything there.

Rookie corners generally are going to take their lumps for sure.  There is going to be bad tape.  But we are 5 games in and there is practically no good tape.  Every facet he’s failed - coverage, ball hawking (almost dropped the bunny pick he did get), tackling and even character (moping and giving up after getting beat).

The criticism is not unfair.  I’d love for him to prove us all wrong but there is an incredibly short list of examples of players that start this awful that ever end up being a legit player in this league.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d love for guys like @MrJL that regularly thumbs down negative/criticizing posts to provide some actual color.

Like tell us why you believe in this player.  Tell us what you’ve seen that leads you to believe there is anything there.

Rookie corners generally are going to take their lumps for sure.  There is going to be bad tape.  But we are 5 games in and there is practically no good tape.  Every facet he’s failed - coverage, ball hawking (almost dropped the bunny pick he did get), tackling and even character (moping and giving up after getting beat).

The criticism is not unfair.  I’d love for him to prove us all wrong but there is an incredibly short list of examples of players that start this awful that ever end up being a legit player in this league.

I was just about to make a post, which offered these same observations on his shortcomings.

Some players need to learn, take lumps, etc., and some - right away - you can just tell are not long for the league.  It was yet another first round gamble by this FO and it looks like yet another failure.  I've got nothing at all against the kid but...he can't play at this level.  Just from a physical aspect, he's nothing.  He can't tackle - won't tackle - and is as easy for a WR to shoo away as a feather in the wind.  This is clearly evident.  

Young, Davis, Forbes.  Three first rounders that this FO whiffed on.  And there are many, many more in the other rounds.  You simply can't waste first rounders like this an expect to build anything.  

It would take a borderline miracle for Forbes to become anything close to a first round talent on a professional football field.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lmao this is funny to me because he didn’t even understand the question. She was clearly asking about keeping the starters out and throwing the ball after it was over down to the wire and risking injury and trying to let Sam get more reps overall and in two minute. I wasn’t mad at their choice to do so, but this cracks me up that Ron didn’t even understand a simple question. 

OR I could be the idiot and this is what she meant lol

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Can someone translate what this means? Does this mean Danny Johnson gets the start? 

He needs to. But for the life of me why not play him inside and let BSJ play outside full time. He may be marginally better than Johnson inside but Johnson is not the guy I want outside on a guy like Moore. Not that anyone in our secondary could stop anyone or play the right coverage last night anyway. 

Edited by moondog

2 hours ago, GardenStateSkins said:

Even if Forbes wrapped his arms around Moore on one of those two missed tackles on the same play Moore would have just dragged him 20 yards as if he were pulling a busted up cart until he eventually let go. He isn't just getting burned on routes he is getting manhandled by ball carriers. 

Completely manhandled. Looks like a skinny high schooler playing against men. You can train technique, but you can't develop physicality.  

• Like 2

Can someone who understands Forbes's game a bit more explain to me why he can't play in the slot? Historically, slot corners have been the slight of build guys and slot receivers have been the 5-10 190 pound Wes Welker types. Yes, there are now exceptions like London and Kupp to be aware of but I feel this rings true often. Does Forbes just lack the quickness and hip fluidity to play inside?

After the actual blown plays, I think what concerns me is how visibly shell shocked he looks.  Now, it's been back to back horrible weeks, but he looks broken on the sideline 5 weeks in. I dont know if he's mentally cut out for being an NFL corner where you're supposed to have a short memory and all that.  

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

He was a reach where we drafted him. I was hoping they took Gonzalez but he already out for the year with injury I believe. We needed a cb probably should have took Joey porter jr.

Porter Jr's the 4th CB and barely playing in Pittsburgh though.  And they're something like 26th in pass defense, so not like he shouldn't be pushing for snaps.  

Gonzalez was thr guy to get, and we blew it.  He's injured, but we still shoulda picked him.  We thought we were smarter than everyone else.  

Edited by justice98

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

After the actual blown plays, I think what concerns me is how visibly shell shocked he looks.  Now, it's been back to back horrible weeks, but he looks broken on the sideline 5 weeks in. I dont know if he's mentally cut out for being an NFL corner where you're supposed to have a short memory and all that.  

Porter Jr's the 4th CB and barely playing in Pittsburgh though.  And they're something like 26th in pass defense, so not like he shouldn't be pushing for snaps.  

Gonzalez was thr guy to get, and we blew it.  He's injured, but we still shoulda picked him.  We thought we were smarter than everyone else.  

Gonzalez had that bad foot but I would have took him also.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So, you're telling me that he's a great fit for an underachieving defense? haha...  BTW-  if he's not going to tackle anyone at 167 lbs., shouldn't he at least be a really good cover corner?  I'm not giving up on him yet though. 

Just now, kfrankie said:

So, you're telling me that he's a great fit for an underachieving defense? haha...  BTW-  if he's not going to tackle anyone at 167 lbs., shouldn't he at least be a really good cover corner?  I'm not giving up on him yet though. 

He's not who I wanted at 16 but i am also not giving up on him.  Rocky start clearly though

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Well, if the Commanders had drafted him in the multiverse, he probably wouldn't have gotten injured. Maybe shot, but not injured on the field.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not who I wanted at 16 but i am also not giving up on him.  Rocky start clearly though

Yes, again, the best thing I can say about him is that he has not been shot or poisoned yet. Which is a real sign of growth.

• Haha 3