Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

17 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Apparently Forbes just deleted his Instagram due to hate from fans.

I mean, I’m hard on the guy, but to go out of your way to say nasty **** to him on his social media is pretty low.

We’re better than this, Commanders fans.

I still see his Instagram up. Comments seem to be just Philly fans who are giving him a hard time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Apparently Forbes just deleted his Instagram due to hate from fans.

I mean, I’m hard on the guy, but to go out of your way to say nasty **** to him on his social media is pretty low.

We’re better than this, Commanders fans.

Most fans are idiots. Just listen to 980 for like half an hour and you'll figure that out.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

10 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Forbes is getting killed for biting on that double move, and he ****ed up no doubt.  But what is inexcusable is the call.  Why the **** are our safeties playing at shallow zone depth, even with the corners?  Why is there a ****ing triple coverage designed for the middle of the field when the Eagles are showing a basic three route concept?  Why is your struggling rookie left on an island against a mismatch in a critical situation in the game?  Why the Hell are you faking quarters coverage while showing blitz there?  Hurts knows that coverage is bull****.

They should have been playing ****ing 2 high.  To not have a single safety back deep when you've been getting killed deep is playcalling malpractice.

I don't care how talented the players are, you have to put them in position to succeed via coaching and calling.  Del Rio is doing the opposite with Forbes. Did that **** with Jamin his rookie year too.

From what I know/seen, I suspect they were trying to control the Eagles run game.  The Eagles passing game has been struggling and generally seemed out of sync, but they've been absolutely mauling teams when they run the ball.  I suspect the game plan was to bring the safetys down to take away the run and hope the Eagles passing game would continue to struggle.  Instead, it got healthy quickly.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2

I still think JDR can't be leaving the rookie on an island like that if he sees him struggling.  There was no other WR on the Eagles having any type of impact in that game, AJ Brown was basically being used almost the way a TE is when the QB is in trouble and needs to just toss the ball out there.   I could see if the Eagles had a WR tandem that you had to pick your poison for, but it was literally just the AJ Brown show so where the hell were the adjustments after halftime?

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I could see if the Eagles had a WR tandem that you had to pick your poison for, but it was literally just the AJ Brown show so where the hell were the adjustments after halftime?

DeVonta Smith is no slouch but yeah Del Rio refused to make any changes after the half. Just infuriating to watch. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 6:50 AM, SkinsFTW said:

It wasn't just on Brown. He was on Smith on that long pass right before halftime and cost a FG on top of the 2 TD's he cost while covering Brown. This dude was toast all day. He was in position for an Int and got pushed out of it by Brown while he NEVER did the same on a reception. I mean, Brown is a better DB as well lol. 

I honestly think that he was in a good position there though and he also played the ball nicely and broke up the catch. In that situation he was just very unlucky that the loose ball fell right back into Smith's arms. It was a great play by Smith but in 9/10 such situations, this is a PBU for Forbes. 

He had a really rough game overall no doubt but that situation doesn't qualify as a mistake to me.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:26 PM, Going Commando said:

Forbes was Del Rio's guy.  Watch the draft video the team put out covering the room when they made the Forbes pick.  They called Del Rio in and told him he was getting his wish, and Del Rio was giddy.  It's pretty clear he was the driving force behind picking Forbes, and it's also clear he thinks he's fine to leave Forbes on an island outside against a mismatch in a week where the kid is probably still playing hurt and he's scuffling and reading the field poorly.

Del Rio hangs these dudes out to dry.  I'm waiting for him to call Forbes out in the media like he did with Jamin and pretend like that **** is all part of some strategy to motivate them to brilliance.  He's a ****ty coach and it's time for him to go.  Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick don't hang their young DBs out to dry.  They put them in position to succeed.  Our secondary is loaded with talent and they're not just underachieving, they're playing like **** and it is dragging the entire defense down.  Our issues on defense aren't talent based.  They aren't about reaching in the draft.  They are coaching issues.

On the 2nd touchdown to Brown what was the defense we called? It looked like cover 0 cause we had birds on a fence, but then we didn't bring any pressure. Kam Curl comes up to cover the TE but he's already double covered.  There was some serious comm, issues on that play. We all saw Manny's face after that play. Someone else screwed up on that play not just him. 

7 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

On the 2nd touchdown to Brown what was the defense we called? It looked like cover 0 cause we had birds on a fence, but then we didn't bring any pressure. Kam Curl comes up to cover the TE but he's already double covered.  There was some serious comm, issues on that play. We all saw Manny's face after that play. Someone else screwed up on that play not just him. 

It does look like cover zero because of the very short depth of the safeties, but they aren't lined up on anyone in the offense so it wasn't cover zero.  It's a completely incoherent coverage look because it looks like a cover 3 trying to fake quarters and blitz simultaneously.  But the safety depth doesn't make any sense for quarters, and Hurts would have known the look was BS immediately.  The whole sequence is so incoherent that we can't even be sure what they were actually trying to run.

I'm guessing cover 3 because I don't think Curl could have ****ed up a coverage so bad because a smart player and he lined up at shallow depth, indicating two high/quarters were not called.  So Cover 3 and they used DFo to help out with the slot receiver, which is pretty damning IMO.  The guy was zero threat and being pressed by our best corner.  Meanwhile you've got Forbes isolated on Brown on a day where he's been getting killed by this match up.  It's inexcusably bad coaching and this play was the game.

That play alone was such an basic and costly error from the coaching staff that I want to see some accountability from the coaches about it.  I don't want to hear any of this ****ing "Well Emmanuel had a tough day, we'll see how he responds after" pinning the blame on him bull****.  I want Del Rio and/or Ron to take responsibility for their mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That play alone was such an basic and costly error from the coaching staff that I want to see some accountability from the coaches about it.  I don't want to hear any of this ****ing "Well Emmanuel had a tough day, we'll see how he responds after" pinning the blame on him bull****.  I want Del Rio and/or Ron to take responsibility for their mistakes.

That 2nd TD was actually the best thing that could have happened to the team.  It was a blessing in disguise.  There was no way they were stopping Philly at that point with their Kicker who could have made it from where they were.  They should have ran the clock down and kicked the field goal.  Scoring a TD actually gave us time to get a TD.   

• Like 4

Think one of the problems is because a lot of us wanted Gonzales and when he fell to us we were expecting the team to draft him. When we picked Forbes lots of us were poised off. Now Forbes looks like a 3rd round draft choice instead of a high 1st. Then we see Witherspoon on Monday night light it up and we are stuck with up to now looks like a guy, Forbes, who is not a NFL corner. Very difficult to figure out how this current coaching staff comes up with the guys they pick with their first round choices over the last few years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PeterMP said:

From what I know/seen, I suspect they were trying to control the Eagles run game.  The Eagles passing game has been struggling and generally seemed out of sync, but they've been absolutely mauling teams when they run the ball.  I suspect the game plan was to bring the safetys down to take away the run and hope the Eagles passing game would continue to struggle.  Instead, it got healthy quickly.

That's what someone who covered the team learned, they wanted their corners to handle the Eagles receivers without much safety help to have some safety help in the box to stop the Eagles vaunted running game.

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

That 2nd TD was actually the best thing that could have happened to the team.  It was a blessing in disguise.  There was no way they were stopping Philly at that point with their Kicker who could have made it from where they were.  They should have ran the clock down and kicked the field goal.  Scoring a TD actually gave us time to get a TD.   

Usually you don't want corners guessing and trying to jump routes, but on that last TD by Philly, it actually made some sense to guess.   Because if you don't guess and you give up a 6 yard reception for a first down, Philly just runs out the clock.  Whereas if you give up a TD like Forbes did, it means we get the ball back with a chance to tie.  So guessing wasn't terrible because if you guess right, you deny them the first down and stop the clock and if you guess wrong and they hit you with a double move like they did, you give up the TD but get the ball back.  That said I doubt Forbes thought all that out.  Normally you don't want to guess, though in that specific situation, guessing could be justified.

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

He did have a tough day, and Brown was not the only one to beat him in the game. He was not up to the challenge Sunday. He get's 16 pick money and needs to play better, no excuses. He needs to up his game.

He’s a ball hawk so I figured he’d struggle at times but there’s too many instances of him giving minimal if any effort out there. That’s really concerning and honestly I’d make him inactive for the next game. You’re gonna get beat in this league but you can’t get cooked and also not hustle. That’s garbage and a huge red flag. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Once again, Rivera and his cronies over drafted a guy and this guy is a bust.  Heath Shuler all time bust bad.  DJ Moore was having a career night in a half after AJ Brown went nuts on him last week.  It took almost 3 quarters for this clown coaching staff to bench his sorry @ss.  

Edited by NoVaSkins21

Forbes got benched and then it was Fuller and St Juste's turn to get hung out to dry.  This scheme is ****ing terrible and the secondary has completely broken down.  They are going to get exploited every week until Del Rio gets fired and we design to run some real coverages.  Even a completely vanilla two high would be a drastic improvement in competence.

Three straight weeks of getting shelled by #1 receivers running free outside isolated on corners trying to constantly play the ball in man coverages with zero safety help and absolutely zero adjustment.  This is the most talented safety group we've had in ten years and they might as well not even be on the field.  A competent DC would have started adjusting after it happened against Buffalo.  It's been three ****ing weeks.  I can not overstate how awful a job Del Rio has done.

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

He’s a ball hawk so I figured he’d struggle at times but there’s too many instances of him giving minimal if any effort out there. That’s really concerning and honestly I’d make him inactive for the next game. You’re gonna get beat in this league but you can’t get cooked and also not hustle. That’s garbage and a huge red flag. 

That was Fuller who didn't hustle after he got beat by Moore.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

For 5 weeks, I saw Juste, Allen, Young, Sweat, and Forbes jogging if a play is going away from them or pulling up or watching a teammate make or miss a tackle. That is fundamental day 1 football!!  Play to the whistle, you never know what can happen!

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We could have fired Del Rio years ago and I’d have been fine with it.

But Forbes gets burnt, gives up and can’t tackle.  To be fair JDR, was the one who wanted him - but it’s not all scheme exposing Forbes.

Nah, the whole secondary is playing soft and getting beaten.  It's not just Forbes.  This is what a secondary looks like when they don't trust each other or the scheme and are demoralized and without leadership/answers.

This is a coaching problem and Vieselmeyer looks terrible.  We've got to clean house on the side of the ball, but it starts with Del Rio.

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Nah, the whole secondary is playing soft and getting beaten.  It's not just Forbes.  This is what a secondary looks like when they don't trust each other or the scheme and are demoralized and without leadership/answers.

This is a coaching problem and Vieselmeyer looks terrible.  We've got to clean house on the side of the ball, but it starts with Del Rio.

Forbes has been awful. The scheme is doing him zero favors, that much I agree.

But he undercuts instead of climbs, gets himself in bad positions, tries to ballhawk and misses and can't tackle because he is straight up outsized.

Now... to be 100% clear... The book isn't written on him yet. Plug him in to a sound scheme with good coaching who put him in winning positions and some time to get acclimated to the NFL and I think he'll be fine and be the ballhawk we thought we got. It's way too early to give up on him.

But man, I am tired of drafting first round projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1