Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

It’s clear what they are thinking now.

They think Bienemy and Howell are enough of an upgrade that their FA OL moves makes the offense much, much better. They are convinced those additions make the difference.

So they are pushing their chips in on the defense. They signed Payne. They have Allen. They are trying to motivate Young and Sweat this year.

They have shored up the secondary. 

The only true weakness on defense is LB and Jamin was playing well at the end.

If the ends produce, they expect this team to be nasty. And that’s their bet. 

I get it. 

I see the strategy. But it’s a bold move, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off.

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s clear what they are thinking now.

They think Bienemy and Howell are enough of an upgrade that their FA OL moves makes the offense much, much better. They are convinced those additions make the difference.

So they are pushing their chips in on the defense. They signed Payne. They have Allen. They are trying to motivate Young and Sweat this year.

They have shored up the secondary. 

The only true weakness on defense is LB and Jamin was playing well at the end.

If the ends produce, they expect this team to be nasty. And that’s their bet. 

I get it. 

I see the strategy. But it’s a bold move, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off.

I see it too, but I think upgrading the OL would be a bigger force multiplier. The secondary was already solid and I don't think Martin is going to be an upgrade over Forrest, Curl, or a 2nd year Butler. Forbes gives us a ballhawk though which we need.

We absolutely must infuse the OL with some legit young talent though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Which means nothing.

Yep.  Agreed.

'Cause the offensive line isn't much better than last years, which means a lot of short drives.  Which, in turn, means our defense is gonna be on the field a lot more than is acceptable.  Which means by the late 3rd quarter they are gassed and getting gashed.   Same old story under Ron.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

We're gonna score more on defense....

We picked up the kid from Seattle in free agency who is supposedly good in coverage and very athletic. Maybe they really like him?

He's not all that. He really isnt. Marginal upgrade over a LB that was marginal.

At best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We’re drafting guys a round ahead. So it’s too late for anyone you have rated as a third. Who you got at DB in the 4th?

Poetic on point post.  :ols:

I did say on the draft thread just a few days ago, and I got proof which I showed -- i don't think its crazy to take him at 47 on further reflection.

It's on me to gush about him on the draft thread and cite him as my late draft man crash before the draft and totally forget about him when our pick was coming up.

I blame Keim.  He mentioned in the past they liked him but hasn't doubled down on it in the last couple of days so I figured he's not on their mind.