Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

33 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

If any of the land is federal land, that will add big time to the time frame too.

Maybe.  Can you secure the land in short order technically from the federal government.  You bet.  But will they?  That's an unknown.  

Bruce and crew couldn't get it done.  Jason and crew couldn't do it either.  But from what I gather it would be chased hard and fast if there is enough consensus among the local politicians.   Looks like they have some momentum now.  And I gather this ownership group is much more politically connected than the prior one.  

The one good thing that its mired in federal as opposed to state government is the state legislatures have compressed timelines where you got to hit those short windows aside from special sessions.  The federal government store on the other hnad is open most of the year.

I was listening to the DC councilman who is really pushing this hard and it didn't seem to feel it would be too hard to get the land from the federal government if they push it.  But will see.  It came off a bit too optimistic for me.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

17 hours ago, Conn said:

It’s not really that long at all, you just have unrealistic expectations. We’re talking about a multi-billion dollar transaction happening between dozens of billionaires.  There’s nothing simple about it and not doing strict, deep due diligence is not a precedent you can set just on the honor system lol. It’s super serious business and there’s nothing unusual about it taking a couple months. That’s still really fast as far as large corporate transactions go! 

My company is valued in the tens of millions of dollars and purchased another similar-sized company...each had just 1-2 owners. So we are talking about an exponentially simpler transaction that took place. And that still took a few months of due diligence. I can't imagine the level of difficulty that billions of dollars and vetting 15-20 different owners would entail. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

My company is valued in the tens of millions of dollars and purchased another similar-sized company...each had just 1-2 owners. So we are talking about an exponentially simpler transaction that took place. And that still took a few months of due diligence. I can't imagine the level of difficulty that billions of dollars and vetting 15-20 different owners would entail. 

There is more risk associated with the smaller transaction in this example.

• Like 2

I was fooling around with Google Bard at work. Bard is Google's experimental AI. I asked it "who owns the Washington Commanders." Keep in mind I did this on May 19th.

It came back with the following reply. Does Bard know something we don't know?

The Washington Commanders are currently owned by a group led by Josh Harris. The group also includes David Blitzer, Robert F. Smith, Mark Ein, and Ted Leonsis. The sale of the team was finalized on May 24, 2023, for a record $6.05 billion.

The previous owner of the Washington Commanders was Daniel Snyder. He owned the team from 1999 to 2023. Snyder was forced to sell the team after being investigated by the NFL for a number of allegations, including sexual harassment and financial impropriety.

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

PFT:Brian Davis’s company sues over failed Commanders bid

Just nuisance lawsuit but it would be our luck, if this delayed the sale to Harris. 

I am assuming once a judge looks at the lawsuit, he/she would throw it out.  

The lawsuit also contends that $5.1 billion had been deposited with Bank of America for the transaction. Urban Echo seeks a court order forcing the sale of the team to the company.

..........Now that should be very easy to verify shouldn’t it.

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Well he has to pay back those investors right?

He supposedly deposits 5.1Billion and was bidding 7 billion and now suing for 500 billion?

What lawyer was dumb enough to take this?

h-freestyle-list-photo-u1?auto=format&q=

• Like 1
  • Haha 2