Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Well. Supposedly they’re taking a 200 million dollar loan from snyder, and there’s 17 limited partners plus him. 

There also appears to have been only one serious bidder (the Harris group), because the combination of price and current team finances scared away the fee that can even do it. 

it kind of seems like some people are overly defensive of the Harris group. Which is weird. There’s no reason to do anything other than work with what’s reported and just pay attention, there’s really no point in caring either way

I agree, all you need to do is pay attention.

And if you paid attention, you’d see that there is no “loan” from Snyder lol. Harris offered 5.85. This was reported. Snyder wanted a nice round $6M+ for his ego. So Harris’s group essentially said fine, but I’m not paying it for a couple years….and Snyder is spinning that delayed payment in the media as a “loan”. It was just a finisher on a much bigger deal to stroke a rich guy’s ego. Like when a player who only gets $15M guaranteed in FA sees his agent tout the bogus “60M total contract” through the media. 

None of that implies that the Harris group struggled to get financing, they’re just not giving more money out of their pockets than they need to. It’s been explained a bunch in this thread, you just prefer to accept the inflammatory headlines you’re reading. It’s not about being “defensive”, it’s about being correct. You have a really weird energy around this whole Harris ownership thing, were you one of the big Bezos guys here? 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Not a bezos guy. The Harris group seems awesome best I can tell. 

but there’s reporting on this and you and others seem overly defensive about it for seemingly zero reason.  

he also added another limited partner, what, a week ago?

but ignore it all if you want. 

3 hours ago, RedDawn said:

What is the significance of this? Is it bad? Why? 

You’re the one telling others to drop the idea that was some weird scrambling of money. That’s the significance of it. I’m just giving you a few of the stories that have come out suggesting it’s an odd scenario. 

I don’t know if it’s bad. Don’t really care. 

8 hours ago, Conn said:

I agree, all you need to do is pay attention.

And if you paid attention, you’d see that there is no “loan” from Snyder lol. Harris offered 5.85. This was reported. Snyder wanted a nice round $6M+ for his ego. So Harris’s group essentially said fine, but I’m not paying it for a couple years….and Snyder is spinning that delayed payment in the media as a “loan”. It was just a finisher on a much bigger deal to stroke a rich guy’s ego. Like when a player who only gets $15M guaranteed in FA sees his agent tout the bogus “60M total contract” through the media. 

None of that implies that the Harris group struggled to get financing, they’re just not giving more money out of their pockets than they need to. It’s been explained a bunch in this thread, you just prefer to accept the inflammatory headlines you’re reading. It’s not about being “defensive”, it’s about being correct. You have a really weird energy around this whole Harris ownership thing, were you one of the big Bezos guys here? 

This is essentially correct. The 200 million "loan" isn't really a loan for the harris group, from sources its basically him funding the roster for 2023 so the harris group can focus on a new stadium. Once the NFL kicks back money to the franchise via ad revenue snyder gets his "loan" back. It's stated as a "loan" to do one thing and one thing only, to fluff the dip****s ego.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you have bought a house before, you may have gotten a large “sellers credit” which essentially reduces your out of pocket costs, but keeps the “sold price” higher, and this satisfies everyone. The agents get more commissions, your neighbors get a higher valuation, you pay out of pocket a little less, and the seller still gets a nice net

that is how to view this $200M “loan” 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Listening to an ESPN writer on the Junkies this morning.

A.  Dan is working furiously behind the scenes to neuter the release of the MJW report.  That's his care right now.

B.  He's selling irrespectuve of MJW -- MJW is him battiling with the league.

C.  MJW is insisting that the full report is released.  And she probably will get what she wants

D.  Sale likely discussed at the May meeting but approval more likely in June or July.

E.  Dan has no friends left among owners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm still processing how I feel about this.  Obviously, overjoyed, through the roof, etc. 

But the news last week didn't really take me to the next level or anything.  I think the biggest thing was the announcement that Snyder was looking to sell the team.  I remember seeing that on here last year and thinking NO WAY.  I don't know if anything will be able to top that moment.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Or Washington Commanders fans.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm still processing how I feel about this.  Obviously, overjoyed, through the roof, etc. 

But the news last week didn't really take me to the next level or anything.  I think the biggest thing was the announcement that Snyder was looking to sell the team.  I remember seeing that on here last year and thinking NO WAY.  I don't know if anything will be able to top that moment.

You know what will beat that. The day Danny tries to go to a game and is stopped at the gate and someone says "ticket please".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to an ESPN writer on the Junkies this morning.

A.  Dan is working furiously behind the scenes to neuter the release of the MJW report.  That's his care right now.

B.  He's selling irrespectuve of MJW -- MJW is him battiling with the league.

C.  MJW is insisting that the full report is released.  And she probably will get what she wants

D.  Sale likely discussed at the May meeting but approval more likely in June or July.

If Snyder is so desperate to keep the MJW report hiden that's all the reason I need to really want to see it.  If Goodell bails on his promise to release the report, well......

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If Snyder is so desperate to keep the MJW report hiden that's all the reason I need to really want to see it.  If Goodell bails on his promise to release the report, well......

If Goodell does that, I really can't see how he doesn't come out looking extremely guilty himself. That would not go over well...at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If Goodell does that, I really can't see how he doesn't come out looking extremely guilty himself. That would not go over well...at all. 

I disagree. Now that Dan is out it’s moot. Who cares what the former owner did? It’s no longer relevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

22 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

@Capskins, I've noticed that you seem to have a solud understanding of what I'll call, "the mega-deal process".

I have a question for you or for any other member with knowledge of how these kind of transactions proceed:

Now that Snyder has officially signed off on the deal is there any way that he could still back out of it, even if the NFL approves it?

Yes, there are a few ways the deal could still fall apart (though I'm not saying it will). Here are a few:

• Most deals have what's called a breakup fee that is typically 1-3% of the purchase price. Theoretically, Snyder could change his mind, pay $60M and back out entirely. I do think that's very unlikely though
  • Red flags in due diligence. Harris seems rock solid, but 1) you never truly know till you do the diligence, and 2) he has a lot of minority partners and who knows what their situations could look like. It's not even just having the money, could be other types of legal issues, etc.
  • The deal could have a number of "conditions precedent" which are essentially things that must happen or that the Harris group must perform for the deal to go through. Without knowing what they are (or if they even exist), it's impossible to say what the chances are that they become a problem

Again, my expectation based on the factors at hand are that the transaction will, in fact, close. But that's something we've basically known for a while. Technically speaking, there are still a few ways this thing could theoretically fail to go down. So until it's done done, I won't be popping any bottles just yet! 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I disagree. Now that Dan is out it’s moot. Who cares what the former owner did? It’s no longer relevant. 

A lot of people care. The football part may be all you care about, but transparency carries value for a lot of people. Never mind the fact that the former employees and victims have expressed through their lawyer that they want the report released. It’s not really your place to say “who cares” or that it’s moot. It very much isn’t for many people. Never mind just the general principle of it after the last investigation was buried. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

A lot of people care. The football part may be all you care about, but transparency carries value for a lot of people. Never mind the fact that the former employees and victims have expressed through their lawyer that they want the report released. It’s not really your place to say “who cares” or that it’s moot. It very much isn’t for many people. Never mind just the general principle of it after the last investigation was buried. 

If he is still the owner he can put out a statement through the team and try to defend himself. If they release a report after he is no longer owner it seems unfair to him regardless of how horrible a person he was. This isn’t a public office, nor a publicly traded company. It’s a private enterprise he no longer is a part of. This isn’t the DA doing an investigation. It’s a private business.

The point of the report is to determine disciplinary actions based on the operating agreement the teams have with the NFL. He is no longer subject to their disciplinary system as soon as he is no longer an owner. Additionally, he never sat for questions with MJW. It’s an incomplete investigation. The commissioner could have compelled him to cooperate while he was still owner. That didn’t happen. The report by definition can’t be complete without his responses. It is moot. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

38 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he is still the owner he can put out a statement through the team and try to defend himself. If they release a report after he is no longer owner it seems unfair to him regardless of how horrible a person he was. This isn’t a public office, nor a publicly traded company. It’s a private enterprise he no longer is a part of. This isn’t the DA doing an investigation. It’s a private business.

The point of the report is to determine disciplinary actions based on the operating agreement the teams have with the NFL. He is no longer subject to their disciplinary system as soon as he is no longer an owner. Additionally, he never sat for questions with MJW. It’s an incomplete investigation. The commissioner could have compelled him to cooperate while he was still owner. That didn’t happen. The report by definition can’t be complete without his responses. It is moot. 

I agree with a lot you said (except that the report can't be complete without his response - it's a report, not a balance sheet).

He is pretty safe because -  who can "punish" him. 

The court of public opinion?

Civil court? He and his money can be safely off-shore, protected by foreign banking laws and banks of high-priced lawyers that the victims have no resources to fight?

The government?  Ha ha ha.

Something I have been kicking around is that the NFL could really have Shinola all over the shield for the way they "colluded" with Commander Twinkee to bury the allegations.  Interesting play on their part would be to feign being appalled at the report conclusions and make Dan put money in "escrow" to settle any lawsuits from the report. No escrow - no sale approval - threat of removal.  If the report is as we think it is, I expect the NFL to be sued by Dan's complainants at some point.  I can see the other owners liking the idea of him having to foot the bill.

Will this happen?  Of course not!  The NFL will release the standard - "That was bad in the past, but we have fixed it and look forward to learning from our mistakes and moving past this?" Because - who will punish the NFL?

😡 I hate this

:229:The Rook

32 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I agree with a lot you said (except that the report can't be complete without his response - it's a report, not a balance sheet).

He is pretty safe because -  who can "punish" him. 

The court of public opinion?

Civil court? He and his money can be safely off-shore, protected by foreign banking laws and banks of high-priced lawyers that the victims have no resources to fight?

The government?  Ha ha ha.

Something I have been kicking around is that the NFL could really have Shinola all over the shield for the way they "colluded" with Commander Twinkee to bury the allegations.  Interesting play on their part would be to feign being appalled at the report conclusions and make Dan put money in "escrow" to settle any lawsuits from the report. No escrow - no sale approval - threat of removal.  If the report is as we think it is, I expect the NFL to be sued by Dan's complainants at some point.  I can see the other owners liking the idea of him having to foot the bill.

Will this happen?  Of course not!  The NFL will release the standard - "That was bad in the past, but we have fixed it and look forward to learning from our mistakes and moving past this?" Because - who will punish the NFL?

😡 I hate this

:229:The Rook

The NFL is opening themselves up to claims of defamation. Once he’s gone he is no longer bound to the arbitration system in place. I highly doubt the report will be released.

Goodell will say MJW stopped her investigation upon completion of the sale and she never had a chance to question Snyder. Because he is a private citizen outside the reach of the Commissioner and NFL bylaws the report can no longer be completed and therefore there is nothing to release. That will be the Friday afternoon news dump prior to July 4th. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The NFL is opening themselves up to claims of defamation. Once he’s gone he is no longer bound to the arbitration system in place. I highly doubt the report will be released.

Goodell will say MJW stopped her investigation upon completion of the sale and she never had a chance to question Snyder. Because he is a private citizen outside the reach of the Commissioner and NFL bylaws the report can no longer be completed and therefore there is nothing to release. That will be the Friday afternoon news dump prior to July 4th. 

Sounds about right. NFL stated report will be released but there is no power willing to force that when they don't.

Feels like I should say something something rich ... something something victims ... something something injustice

😟The Rook

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

hush. your posts are getting stupid again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RVAskins said:

You know what will beat that. The day Danny tries to go to a game and is stopped at the gate and someone says "ticket please".

I sincerely hope the new ownership will never let him in the stadium: they need to commit to no further sewage leaks into Fed Ex,

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The nfl buries the report; they probably get sued.

By who? It’s a private business. They are under no obligation to release anything.  No one has standing to sue them. Who is harmed with actual damages that can be demonstrated in court with actual causation?

Once Dan is gone Goodell has all the cover he needs to end production of the report. How exactly does releasing the report benefit the NFL or the new ownership group?

Maybe Roger issues a Snyder lawyer vetted light report to appease peoplle after his promise in congress but I still think Dan selling makes that reasonably moot. 

49 minutes ago, Conn said:

hush. your posts are getting stupid again.

Yours have always been stupid. 

• Haha 2